Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Is racism behind rising number of visible minorities in jail

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2013, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Romero"
Myth. First Nations may receive government assistance just as many other Canadians such as yourself have, but they do not get everything for free.

Homy...for most subjects you barely know fuck all about what you post....when it comes to this issue you know less than fuck all......when you don't work or contribute anything and still get every advantage possible in this country....IT IS BY DEFINITION.....FREE....

It just pisses me off to the umpteenth degree that eligibility for some benefits is restricted to those of a certain ethnicity. :x

It would seem Native Canadians are in dire need of help Shen Li..

But I can certainly understand why yourself or Mr. Obvious Li would oppose it.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Homy...for most subjects you barely know fuck all about what you post....when it comes to this issue you know less than fuck all......when you don't work or contribute anything and still get every advantage possible in this country....IT IS BY DEFINITION.....FREE....

It just pisses me off to the umpteenth degree that eligibility for some benefits is restricted to those of a certain ethnicity. :x

you misunderstand.....we both agree they need help......but giving them more money and free shit will not help

Anonymous

you misunderstand.....we both agree they need help......but giving them more money and free shit will not help

Long term dependency is not a real solution to any problem, so on that I would agree with you and Shen Li.

Romero

Anonymous

We are in agreement on that. That so called "free shit" comes at a steep price though doesn't it? Shorter lifespans, higher rates of depression and suicide. Then there are all those stats the articles quoted about incarceration.

I would never suggest an affected community bears no responsibility for their own lot, don't misunderstand me about that. The first question that should be asked is what any community is doing to help themselves. On the other hand, it would be a bold faced lie to say that there isn't even subtle discrimination in every step of the judicial system.