Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Is racism behind rising number of visible minorities in jail

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2013, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gary Oak"Chugaboos all sexually molest their sisters, daughters, nieces or any woman they can get their hands on. They don't care, if they want it they take it. They are just like wild animals.

Gary, that is a horribly racist stereotype of Native Canadian men.

:shock:

sorry it is not......talk to any public health nurse that works on a reserve and they will all tell you and confirm that there is not a virgin to be found anywhere past the age of 9/10......they do not exist on a reserve......considering everyone on a reserve is related it means a fair bit of incest occurs.....fairly common knowledge in indian country.......get out more and ask questions

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Gary Oak"Chugaboos all sexually molest their sisters, daughters, nieces or any woman they can get their hands on. They don't care, if they want it they take it. They are just like wild animals.

Gary, that is a horribly racist stereotype of Native Canadian men.

:shock:

sorry it is not......talk to any public health nurse that works on a reserve and they will all tell you and confirm that there is not a virgin to be found anywhere past the age of 9/10......they do not exist on a reserve......considering everyone on a reserve is related it means a fair bit of incest occurs.....fairly common knowledge in indian country.......get out more and ask questions

Mr. Obvious Li, my husband has worked on a lot of Native reserves and directly with a lot Native Canadians..

He has told me that there are horrible social conditions on reserves including violence, child neglect and much worse..

It breaks my heart to think about it..

I wish there was something that could be done to immediately turn that situation around.

Romero

Good discussion on the growing number of minorities in prison @ 4:40:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2421741244/">//http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2421741244/

"Are we becoming more like the United States?"

"The aboriginal population in prison has grown by nearly half, and the number of black inmates has gone up by 90%."

"There's no question that our criminal justice system, not just the prison system, treats people from minority backgrounds differently than other Canadians."

"If Rob Ford were aboriginal, people wouldn't be telling him to get help. We'd be throwing him in jail."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Good discussion on the growing number of minorities in prison @ 4:40:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2421741244/">//http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2421741244/

"The aboriginal population in prison has grown by nearly half, and the number of black inmates has gone up by 90%."

"If Rob Ford were aboriginal, people wouldn't be telling him to get help. We'd be throwing him in jail."

Thank you so much for posting that Romero, I will be sure to click on it a little later..

Something is terribly wrong when Native Canadians are incarcerated at rates six times higher than their overall population.

Romero

Indeed it is. For even if there is no prejudice and some minorities are more likely to commit crime, we are still failing them.

We see this anywhere all over the world. It's always the impoverished and minorities getting the short end of the stick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Good discussion on the growing number of minorities in prison @ 4:40:

"There's no question that our criminal justice system, not just the prison system, treats people from minority backgrounds differently than other Canadians."

You mean the way Aboriginal MP Romeo Saganash was thrown in jail for fucking up on a plane?

QuoteIndeed it is. For even if there is no prejudice and some minorities are more likely to commit crime, we are still failing them.

We see this anywhere all over the world. It's always the impoverished and minorities getting the short end of the stick.

Bullshit, most of them probably did not grow up in a house with both parents. OL is correct, sexual abuse is rampant on reserves. Irresponsible parents, corrupt chiefs/band councilors and slimey politicians that pander to such corruption are the real culprits.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Indeed it is. For even if there is no prejudice and some minorities are more likely to commit crime, we are still failing them.

why or how are "we" by which of course you mean white folks failing them....they get free health care, free education, welfare galore, free housing, free food, free travel, free lawyers, free free free....isn't it about time to consider maybe they are failing themselves....just sayin  :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Indeed it is. For even if there is no prejudice and some minorities are more likely to commit crime, we are still failing them.

why or how are "we" by which of course you mean white folks failing them....they get free health care, free education, welfare galore, free housing, free food, free travel, free lawyers, free free free....isn't it about time to consider maybe they are failing themselves....just sayin  :ugeek:

That's exactly how we are failing them. Handouts are not designed to make people independent. On the contrary, it makes them dependent and a reliable voting block for slimebag politicians.

Anonymous

I don't know what the solution is Mr. Obvious Li..

A very sad situation, money is spent trying to lift them out of poverty and more money is spent again on courts and incarceration..

Probably money set aside to help Native Canadians is not being spent the way it is supposed to either..

Since you live in a Native Canadian area, what would you suggest be done to improve the lot for Native Canadians in isolated places?

Obvious Li

I don't know what the solution is Mr. Obvious Li..

A very sad situation, money is spent trying to lift them out of poverty and more money is spent again on courts and incarceration..

Probably money set aside to help Native Canadians is not being spent the way it is supposed to either..

Since you live in a Native Canadian area, what would you suggest be done to improve the lot for Native Canadians in isolated places?

sorry Fash...i know this is a serious topic.....i wrote out a full page in reply to your question but as is common using firefox i pushed the wrong key and poof it is gone...i am too pissed off to write it again as curling is coming on in about 10 minutes and NOTHING and i mean NOTHING is more important than curling, the only true sport...i will respond later..

in general my comments are....until natives are fully integrated into canadian society and the reserve system is completely dismantled things will not change...on reserves close to civilization, with a few thousand souls there is a chance.....but remote northern reserves with a few hundred, or less than one hundred people in some cases...it is ridiculous to demand hospital and school services equivalent to a major canadian city...just the kind of fucking stupid nonsense sold to natives by an activist liberal supreme court these past 50 years...this needs to change dramatically and some sense of reality injected into the system...gotta go bye

Anonymous

sorry Fash...i know this is a serious topic.....i wrote out a full page in reply to your question but as is common using firefox i pushed the wrong key and poof it is gone...i am too pissed off to write it again as curling is coming on in about 10 minutes and NOTHING and i mean NOTHING is more important than curling, the only true sport...i will respond later..

in general my comments are....until natives are fully integrated into canadian society and the reserve system is completely dismantled things will not change...on reserves close to civilization, with a few thousand souls there is a chance.....but remote northern reserves with a few hundred, or less than one hundred people in some cases...it is ridiculous to demand hospital and school services equivalent to a major canadian city...just the kind of fucking stupid nonsense sold to natives by an activist liberal supreme court these past 50 years...this needs to change dramatically and some sense of reality injected into the system...gotta go bye

[size=200]BULLSEYE!![/size]it's time to get rid of reserves and the Indian Act. The antiquated system does NOT work. Makes a few people affluent and even less 1 percenters, but it is failing Aboriginals and Canadian taxpayers. Full integration is the ONLY solution that works in the 21st century. It'd almost 2014 and rights are conferred or denied based on ethnicity...un fucking believable. :x

Renee

Now there is a novel thought. I wonder why it is that people who work for a living and don't depend on handouts can come up with and express thoughts like that?  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Now there is a novel thought. I wonder why it is that people who work for a living and don't depend on handouts can come up with and express thoughts like that?  :lol:

I don't expect much to change. A lot of very vocal Aboriginal leaders make a tidy living off the status quo even though it means selling out their fellow Aboriginals. There are some white people in the Dept of Indian and Northern Affairs that have a vested interest in keeping this 19 century system going too. This is the part of Western democracy that really, really sux...pandering.

Zetsu

Blacks, Aboriginals and Hispanics are known to be one of the most crime infested societies.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

^^Hey pal, how's it going? Are you waiting for Santa? I have been exceptionally good this year, so my list is longer than normal. ;)