The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

CANCELLED .... The "Cancel Culture" we are now in

Started by cc, January 14, 2021, 09:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=402371 time=1613444654 user_id=2015
It is insane. If you put on your profile that you work for my company, you are considered a rep of the company. You can get around it by not mentioning CP in your profile.

Aw, so that's how cancellers get away with it (lightbulb goes off)  .. never thought of that "only if you mention employer on profile" .. and likely in posts also??

So long as you do not refer to your employer, you are free to be you

I'll bet that's true for most companies
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402378 time=1613450258 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=402371 time=1613444654 user_id=2015
It is insane. If you put on your profile that you work for my company, you are considered a rep of the company. You can get around it by not mentioning CP in your profile.

Aw, so that's how cancellers get away with it (lightbulb goes off)  .. never thought of that "only if you mention employer on profile" .. and likely in posts also??

So long as you do not refer to your employer, you are free to be you

I'll bet that's true for most companies

That's how it works.

Anonymous

An attorney who represented President Donald Trump during the recent impeachment trial says a law school canceled a civil rights law course he was going to teach and he was suspended from a civil rights lawyer email discussion list."I was hoping to teach a civil rights course at a law school in the fall. We've been in talks about it, kind of planning it out. I wrote to them and I said, 'I want you to know, I'm gonna be representing Donald Trump in the impeachment case. I don't know if that impacts on your decision at all,'" David Schoen, one of the three attorneys who argued before the Senate.

Anonymous

Rowan Atkinson told Radio Times that cancel culture has become a digital mob "roaming the streets looking for someone to burn."

The "Mr.Bean" actor said cancel culture had made it hard for people to be "exposed to a wide spectrum of opinion" and he was fearful for the future.

He said: "It is scary for anyone who's a victim of that mob, and it fills me with fear about the future."

cc

Over the past decades we have allowed academia to indoctrinate their robot army. Now those robots are great in numbers and have politicians and media and high tech monstrosities leading them

Unless something changes that (unlikely) this mob will take us not into the future which will be cancelled, rather  to 1984

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402625 time=1613625671 user_id=88
Over the past decades we have allowed academia to indoctrinate their robot army. Now those robots are great in numbers and have politicians and media and high tech monstrosities leading them

Unless something changes that (unlikely) this mob will take us not into the future, but to 1984

We are almost there now.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=402626 time=1613625779 user_id=2015
Quote from: cc post_id=402625 time=1613625671 user_id=88

Unless something changes that (unlikely) this mob will take us not into the future, but to 1984

We are almost there now.

yes .. seems to me it must be about late November, 1983 with the days ticking off quickly

Anonymous

Old Herman aint sitting down to piss.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/150605087_452853769171637_4089280312090943889_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hzqylF63U8MAX_X5-oe&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=cd52fd67f49f1a33850d5d6930ce2cc2&oe=6052D17A">

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=402633 time=1613627228 user_id=1689
Old Herman aint sitting down to piss.

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/150605087_452853769171637_4089280312090943889_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hzqylF63U8MAX_X5-oe&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=cd52fd67f49f1a33850d5d6930ce2cc2&oe=6052D17A">

ac_wot

cc

This is how ridiculous our world has come to be

cc

Here's how far 1984 they have gone to "Cancel" speech that does not suit their purposes

YouTube Takes Down New Trump Interview[/url][/b]

A brand-new interview from Wednesday of former president Donald Trump on Newsmax has been taken down from YouTube.

The reason stated was that the video violated what Google calls its "election integrity policy." In short, the video was taken down because during the interview, the ex-President claimed that he had won the election, and that it was stolen.

The criteria for cancelling free speech gets more and more flimsy every day now - one can feel the walls closing in

Anonymous

The only acceptable way to cancel someone is to ignore them. Everything else is fascism.

cc

Quote from: Velvet post_id=402931 time=1613854175 user_id=2021
The only acceptable way to cancel someone is to ignore them. Everything else is fascism.

Technically accurate and well put

The very opposite of how it should be and once was ..  It is happening, more each day

Fascism becomes stronger every day .. and now is everywhere that matters.

Book Burning (a form of speech) via Cancel grows rapidly

https://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm?blog_id=70614&Amazon-Cancels-Allah-is-Dead">Amazon Cancels "Allah is Dead" - "My book, Allah is Dead: Why Islam is Not a Religion, has been removed from the Amazon website."

https://www.newenglishreview.org/files/100/Image/1allah%20is%20dead%20lgsidebar%20ad2%20%285%29%281%29.jpg">

The book is a mere look at whether islam is actually a religion or otherwise ..  using only islam's  own words to establish it's points (as laid out within the link above)

And since when does a commercial delivery system get to tell us what we can say and read?

cc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9279893/David-Schoen-canceled-law-school-representing-Trump-impeachment-trial.html">Trump's impeachment trial lawyer David Schoen claims he has been 'CANCELED' by a law school after they rescinded an offer for him to teach when they learned he was representing the former President

Schoen claims he was in talks with an unidentified law school about teaching a class this coming fall

The high-profile attorney subsequently agreed to represent Trump at his second impeachment trial this month

The school then allegedly rescinded their offer when they heard that news, saying some faculty and students would be 'uncomfortable'

Schoen claims he is a victim of cancel culture, and says 'liberalism used to favor the marketplace of ideas'

He has more than three decades of experiences as a civil rights lawyer and has been honored with an award from the American Bar Association

The New York Times even praised Schoen's performance at the impeachment trial claiming he offered a 'spirited performance' that 'heartened' Trump

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402941 time=1613859227 user_id=88
Quote from: Velvet post_id=402931 time=1613854175 user_id=2021

Technically accurate and well put

The very opposite of how it should be and once was  is happening, more each day

Fascism becomes stronger every day .. and now is everywhere that matters.

Book Burning (a form of speech) via Cancel grows rapidly

https://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm?blog_id=70614&Amazon-Cancels-Allah-is-Dead">Amazon Cancels "Allah is Dead" - "My book, Allah is Dead: Why Islam is Not a Religion, has been removed from the Amazon website."

https://www.newenglishreview.org/files/100/Image/1allah%20is%20dead%20lgsidebar%20ad2%20%285%29%281%29.jpg">

The book is a mere look at whether islam is actually a religion or otherwise ..  using only islam's  own words to establish it's points (as laid out within the link above)

And since when does a commercial delivery system get to tell us what we can say and read?

Amazon is at the heart of cancel culture.