Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Eat Your Heart Out Romero, I'm Seeing The Canucks

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2014, 11:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Yep, January 21 I am going to see your Vancouver Canucks get their asses kicked by my beloved Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place. Actually, I don't really like sports I am going with my husband and another couple we know. Still, hockey games are fun times.

Romero

Cool! That building's got some great hockey history and oh so many championship banners. I hope you have a good time! I usually go to a game every year, but probably not this year.

Of course I'll be rooting for my wet left coast Canucks but there's a soft spot in my heart for the Oilers. It's sad to see such a great team being kept down in the basement!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Cool! That building's got some great hockey history and oh so many championship banners. I hope you have a good time! I usually go to a game every year, but probably not this year.

Of course I'll be rooting for my wet left coast Canucks but there's a soft spot in my heart for the Oilers. It's sad to see such a great team being kept down in the basement!

Hey thanks, I went to see the Toronto Maple Leafs with my husband right around Halloween and of course the Oilers got clobbered. Still, it's a lot of fun especially considering how many Ontarians have migrated here for work. There were almost as many Leafs jerseys as Oilers. Lots of British Columbians here, so should be a fun atmosphere even if the Oil gets clobbered yet again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Cool! That building's got some great hockey history and oh so many championship banners. I hope you have a good time! I usually go to a game every year, but probably not this year.

I can certainly understand that Romero..

It is a very rare treat for us to go see a hockey game as a family..

It is so expensive for the four of us for tickets, concession refreshments, snacks and C-Train to and from the Saddledome..

My husband and son went last year, but not this year.

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"Hey thanks, I went to see the Toronto Maple Leafs with my husband right around Halloween and of course the Oilers got clobbered. Still, it's a lot of fun especially considering how many Ontarians have migrated here for work. There were almost as many Leafs jerseys as Oilers. Lots of British Columbians here, so should be a fun atmosphere even if the Oil gets clobbered yet again.

Your Oilers have often clobbered my Canucks! And I was a big Canucks fan during the Gretzky era. Ouch. I think every record he broke was against us.

A lot of Leafs fans here too. Always competing for cheers and chants. Vancouver actually has a surprisingly big following in California and the Southwest.

It will be a fun atmosphere!

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"I can certainly understand that Romero..

It is so expensive for the four of us for tickets, concession refreshments, snacks and C-Train to and from the Saddledome..

It is so expensive nowadays. But it's pretty nice and comfy to watch them at home!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

It is so expensive nowadays. But it's pretty nice and comfy to watch them at home!

That's the problem and like you said, it is a lot more affordable for me to make a big tub of popcorn and watch from the comfort of our living room.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That's the problem and like you said, it is a lot more affordable for me to make a big tub of popcorn and watch from the comfort of our living room.

I hate spending a lot of money making celebutards even richer. This includes movies, concerts and sports events. I admit, NHLer's are not as condescending(usually) as actors and musicians, but I LOATHE that I am making people who don't contribute much to the economy even richer. I would rather give money to a first rate CEO like Hunter Harrison.

Odinson

Oilers got one finnish player so I would be for them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I hate spending a lot of money making celebutards even richer. This includes movies, concerts and sports events. I admit, NHLer's are not as condescending(usually) as actors and musicians, but I LOATHE that I am making people who don't contribute much to the economy even richer. I would rather give money to a first rate CEO like Hunter Harrison.

When I watch a hockey I am not trying to make a political stand..

I just want to enjoy the game.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

When I watch a hockey I am not trying to make a political stand..

I just want to enjoy the game.

That's understandable, most people don't.

Romero

Game day! Hopefully it won't start out like Vancouver's last game:

And Canucks coach Tortorella has been suspended six games for causing a ruckus by the Flames dressing room. But Calgary started it!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Game day! Hopefully it won't start out like Vancouver's last game:

And Canucks coach Tortorella has been suspended six games for causing a ruckus by the Flames dressing room. But Calgary started it!

I heard something about this, but I didn't know what exactly the Vancouver coach did. Kind of a stupid thing to do if you ask me. However, some people like watching MMA when they go to a hockey game. I am not one of those people.  

Who will be coaching Vancouver tonight? Will it be the assistant coach?

Odinson

Entertainment ladies and gentlemen! A good fight is part of the game.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Entertainment ladies and gentlemen! A good fight is part of the game.

No, it's not. Fighting is another sport entirely. I wouldn't expect a couple of boxers to put on skates and carry curved bladed sticks and I don't want hockey players thinking they are in a ring.