News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

UpDate - First Nation in Kamloops Kid Burial Sites - Where Are the Bodies???

Started by cc, May 28, 2021, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=414309 time=1624642724 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=414306 time=1624640757 user_id=88
Agreed. They will need something more efficient than those royal commissions of which none has ever gone anywhere

When one gets down to it, it is criminal .. thus needs RCMP and / or CSIS to investigate with any specialized help hired or contracted with .. in conjunction with well chosen natives .. then special prosecutors.

I realize that  most if not all perps are dead now, but the churches and govt needs to be held accountable including the individuals found to be involved. With the numbers so high for just 2 schools (and for the  Cowessess one only a portion was examined, deliberately because of the scale) , murder has to have taken place and obviously this took place coast to coast

I say all of us will be held accountable in the forum of new funding for Indian leaders and the Indian industry, and higher taxes for us.

Yup. We will. Still this is going to turn out so massive and vile we have to work with them

Hopefully the govt can make (or rather will make)  the churches involved fork out bigtime to help offset costs

The culprits here seem to be the churches 1st and directly ...  and the govt indirectly for not better monitoring it well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Odinson

That place seems to have been a slaughterhouse.

1 in 150 kids dead.

The actual number is probably several times that.

That went well.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=414332 time=1624663370 user_id=136

1 in 150 kids dead.

That went well.

The deaths must have been over many decades.

cc

Two more Catholic churches on Indigenous land in B.C.'s Interior burned to the ground early Saturday morning.

The latest were located on reserves in the Similkameen Valley, and come just days after two Catholic churches burned down on Indigenous land in the southern Okanagan.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AALtTMY.img?h=468&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">

That's 4 in one week

Assuming it's natives, they are of course angry, but not helping their cause  at all

Odinson

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=414337 time=1624666489 user_id=3254
Quote from: Odinson post_id=414332 time=1624663370 user_id=136

1 in 150 kids dead.

That went well.

The deaths must have been over many decades.

Yes but its a 1000 out of 150000 total.

There is talk of thousands so there is probably more graves.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414420 time=1624740497 user_id=88
Two more Catholic churches on Indigenous land in B.C.'s Interior burned to the ground early Saturday morning.

The latest were located on reserves in the Similkameen Valley, and come just days after two Catholic churches burned down on Indigenous land in the southern Okanagan.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AALtTMY.img?h=468&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">

That's 4 in one week

Assuming it's natives, they are of course angry, but not helping their cause  at all

In all fairness, Rome is not helping control anger much.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=414457 time=1624812111 user_id=114

Just to be clear, do you mean by Rome not demonstrating acceptance of blame?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414465 time=1624813451 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=414457 time=1624812111 user_id=114

Just to be clear, do you mean by Rome not demonstrating acceptance of blame?

Yes.

cc

Good questions From some other scattered thread:

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=414482 time=1624821180 user_id=3254
Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=414475 time=1624818387 user_id=73
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=414455 time=1624811724 user_id=114
Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=414440 time=1624765707 user_id=73
I saw a news item where a member of the indigenous people was being interviewed. He said that this matter about bodies buried in unmarked graves have been known to their people for so long. So then why didn't they do anything about it when they first heard of it and they are showing outrage now? If they have known this before then the outrage is not too genuine, is it? That is like pretend outrage, no?

I find it hard to believe this is a total shock to Aboriginal leaders.

Exactly.

That's a good point....why are we only hearing about this now.

They needed proof which prior to this radar they did not have. Digging will give absolute  proofs

The Chief of the Cowessess Nation  today called on the Pope to apologize strongly, forthrightly  and  in very clear language.

I always thought when they talked about it that this is what they wanted all along (for the church or churches to own up  fully and explains  their actions Before and Now

Now they now have clear proof &  "scope" .. and soon will get even solider proofs and scopes

I saw a news item where a member of the indigenous people was being interviewed. He said that this matter about bodies buried in unmarked graves have been known to their people for so long. So then why didn't they do anything about it when they first heard of it and they are showing outrage now? If they have known this before then the outrage is not too genuine, is it? That is like pretend outrage, no?

It's not a shock .. They always knew but couldn't prove it. Nor could  they know the scope .. See directly above

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414494 time=1624825903 user_id=88
Good questions From some other scattered thread:

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=414482 time=1624821180 user_id=3254
Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=414475 time=1624818387 user_id=73

Exactly.

That's a good point....why are we only hearing about this now.

They needed proof which prior to this radar they did not have. Digging will give absolute  proofs

The Chief of the Cowessess Nation  today called on the Pope to apologize strongly, forthrightly  and  in very clear language.

I always thought when they talked about it that this is what they wanted all along and explains  their actions before and now

Now they now have clear proof &  "scope" .. and soon will get even solider proofs and scope

It's not a shock .. They always knew but couldn't prove it. Nor could  they know the scope .. See directly above

Maybe it's just me cc, but I've never heard Aboriginal leaders call for an investigation into unmarked graves before Kamloops.

cc

This all goes way back. I was told of it by many natives directly as a teen when I spent time on the ist Nations reserve.

We also heard it often including from leaders when we did a project for them .. including being referred to in council during our business meetings ...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=414498 time=1624827545 user_id=88
This all goes way back. I was told of it by many natives directly as a teen

We also heard it often including from leaders when we did a project for them .. including being referred to in council during our business meetings

Prior to Kamloops, I'd never heard about it.

ac_blush

cc

and in fact that land and that council was Cowessess

It has been Canada's dirty  little secret / not so secret for many decades

I've always heard it referred to as the Church  (or Churches) did it, not so much blame on Canada ... Which is why the Chief of the Cowessess Nation  today called on the Pope to apologize strongly, forthrightly  and  in very clear language.

It now appears there are so many, that murder had to be involved with many if not most .. which is what the Cowessess and others have always believed

Odinson

Technically they were compensated a decade ago.

It should be settled.

But I guess they are gonna revisit this thing every time some1 discovers something from that era.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=414502 time=1624827993 user_id=136
Technically they were compensated a decade ago.

It should be settled.

But I guess they are gonna revisit this thing every time some1 discovers something from that era.

Who was compensated?

How come you know more about this me and you don't even live in this country?