News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8358
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Anyone feeling brave enough to refute this?

Started by Aryan, September 30, 2021, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=426012 time=1635983297 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=426008 time=1635979953 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=426007 time=1635978090 user_id=1560

Although my rather drawn out post paints a less than rosy prediction of where we are heading, it was intended less as fortune telling and more as a prod for discussion.

Personally I am ambivalent about the future. I would not dare gamble on any outcome.

What I can say with absolute conviction is that during my time on the planet I've never experienced a time when we've been so fractured, hostile to our neighbours, bound by ideology and in the grip of buffoons masked as politicians.

I also firmly believe that the status quo is unsustainable. The trajectory we're on takes us down the path I've described unless some form of intervention occurs.

I note that you focus your reply on America. Whilst America is the hotspot of the western nations, the disease of dissent is not limited to them. These times are unprecedented in recent memory.

It is NOT beyond reason that the only way forward is for you to choose which extremism you will join in order to survive. We are not there yet, but if you accept that the current chaos cannot continue, what are you going to do to avert catastrophe?

If we confront the true elephant in civiliisations house, not climate change but social disharmony, pretending its not happening is a dangerous apathy.

Good post. My concerns completely .. the extent .. the lack of ability to change things  short of great upheaval exactly

It's not going to get better .. it will get worse

You damned right it will get worse. Only some jobs will be allowed. If you work you will keep less than half of your earnings. Everything you do or want to do will be regulated or denied by government. I feel bad for my son and granddaughter.

I feel for your son and grandkid too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview