Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

are we racist?

Started by Anonymous, October 17, 2021, 02:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

So can the laws of slander.

Which anyone who fallaciously accuses me of anything will discover.

Zetsu

I just got release from the hospitals's psychiatric ward this afternoon and told all the nurse during my 11 day stay there that Chinese ppl are assholes, pretty much facts so I'm not a racist.  ac_drinks
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

While I didn't told my psychiatrist that I hate Chinese ppl since he never asked for my opnion, but he said I am a good man after he completed my analysis and mental health check.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425510 time=1635566053 user_id=61
I just got release from the hospitals's psychiatric ward this afternoon and told all the nurse during my 11 day stay there that Chinese ppl are assholes, pretty much facts so I'm not a racist.  ac_drinks

:ohmy:

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425511 time=1635566107 user_id=61
While I didn't told my psychiatrist that I hate Chinese ppl since he never asked for my opnion, but he said I am a good man after he completed my analysis and mental health check.

I'm glad for that Zetsu.

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=425511 time=1635566107 user_id=61

Your mental health is probably a lot better than most of the people on these boards. Your psychological well-being is definitely better than the VF incels.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425506 time=1635565800 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425503 time=1635565431 user_id=1560
People can accuse me of whatever they want.

Accusations mean nothing.

There are consequences though Bricktop..

Being accused of racism in Canada can destroy a person's life.

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425509 time=1635565992 user_id=1560

False or not, it makes no difference. I seem to recall a time when I defended a certain online someone against an especially ugly accusation that ultimately led to them being cancelled out of their community and dogged relentlessly for way longer than they might have served had they been found legitimately guilty in a jury of their real life peers. Their online peers on the other hand weren't interested in the minutia of what might have constituted a legitimate allegation to be investigated, the Word was redefined to mean whatever they wanted it to mean.

As were the definitions of words like "slander", "libel" and "defamation".

The consequences? They are what you make of them. To be clear, I wasn't overly impressed with a few aspects of the person in question, but I knew for fact they didn't stand up to the nasty things they were being dogged for and said so repeatedly. And was ignored, even by the target I was defending. Hey, I even wound up getting blamed for making the very charge I was defending the accused against... imagine that!

I carry that can to this day and refuse point blank to lose any sleep over it. I know what that person was guilty of and it wasn't what so many others insisted it be. That is all I need to know and the opinions of everyone else can go hang until they bother to stump up something concrete and irrefutable.

They haven't and i'm not holding my breath.

Anonymous

In Canada, if you are accused of racism, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=425518 time=1635568484 user_id=1689

Wrong. You're still guilty of it in the court of public opinion even after you've been determined innocent in a court of law. Fash's point about consequences holds here, and let us be under no illusion the problem is confined to America's cap.

The Covington Kids episode should have taught you that. Yeah, it sucks... but then so does society and we really shouldn't be surprised.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=425524 time=1635569865

Wrong. You're still guilty of it in the court of public opinion even after you've been determined innocent in a court of law. Fash's point about consequences holds here, and let us be under no illusion the problem is confined to America's cap.

The Covington Kids episode should have taught you that. Yeah, it sucks... but then so does society and we really shouldn't be surprised.

Wrong. I am telling you when I was a wellsite supervisor that if a toolpush, driller or myself were accused of racism, we were off that lease until it was investigated. As I said, guilty until proven innocent.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=425527 time=1635570414 user_id=1689

Wrong. I am telling you when I was a wellsite supervisor that if a toolpush, driller or myself were accused of racism, we were off that lease until it was investigated. As I said, guilty until proven innocent.

That was then. Your statement implied NOW, to whit:- "In Canada, if you ARE accused of racism, you are guilty until proven innocent." And you know as well as I that all too many people and businesses these days tend to scatter and even virtue signal, lest they too be cast as racist-adjacent (if not flat out racists themselves) if they are caught lending anything that might be construed as supporting the accused.

No matter who says they're innocent.

Anonymous

That's standard in Canadian workplaces and accompanies provincial employment law. An accusation of sexual harassment gets the same.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=425532 time=1635571145 user_id=56

That's standard in Canadian workplaces and accompanies provincial employment law.

And in the court of public opinion that is wont to go on Twitter en masse to laud the noble businesses in 24/7 shows of public affection and bonhomie for proving the wrongfully accused, encouraging said businesses to employ more of the same people for being stand up individuals... starting up Go Fund Mes to pay for the legal bills and lost wages for them, to say nothing of the months (years?) of uncertainty and ostricization of the falsely accused before they got to have their day in court...

Yeah, I'm not seeing so much of that... not in Canada, not anywhere really. Oh sure, there was a time when it was different, but to deny it has changed only serves to let the new paradigm flourish.

When they come for you, pray there is someone left to speak for you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=425532 time=1635571145 user_id=56

That's standard in Canadian workplaces and accompanies provincial employment law. An accusation of sexual harassment gets the same.

I've never heard of anything like that in my department, so I don't know what managment would do.

Bricktop

Quote from: Guest post_id=425517 time=1635567882
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425506 time=1635565800 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425503 time=1635565431 user_id=1560
People can accuse me of whatever they want.

Accusations mean nothing.

There are consequences though Bricktop..

Being accused of racism in Canada can destroy a person's life.

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=425509 time=1635565992 user_id=1560

False or not, it makes no difference. I seem to recall a time when I defended a certain online someone against an especially ugly accusation that ultimately led to them being cancelled out of their community and dogged relentlessly for way longer than they might have served had they been found legitimately guilty in a jury of their real life peers. Their online peers on the other hand weren't interested in the minutia of what might have constituted a legitimate allegation to be investigated, the Word was redefined to mean whatever they wanted it to mean.

As were the definitions of words like "slander", "libel" and "defamation".

The consequences? They are what you make of them. To be clear, I wasn't overly impressed with a few aspects of the person in question, but I knew for fact they didn't stand up to the nasty things they were being dogged for and said so repeatedly. And was ignored, even by the target I was defending. Hey, I even wound up getting blamed for making the very charge I was defending the accused against... imagine that!

I carry that can to this day and refuse point blank to lose any sleep over it. I know what that person was guilty of and it wasn't what so many others insisted it be. That is all I need to know and the opinions of everyone else can go hang until they bother to stump up something concrete and irrefutable.

They haven't and i'm not holding my breath.

I'd be happy to discuss this further with you. But I do not engage with people too frightened to identify themselves.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview