Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Alec Baldwin Accidentally Shoots and Kills Crew Member on Movie Set

Started by Oliver Clotheshoffe, October 21, 2021, 11:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: cc post_id=424636 time=1634923491 user_id=88
Quote from: Odinson post_id=424631 time=1634920314 user_id=136
They aint supposed to be lethal.

True. According to news just now it was a live round .. a real game changer if true

I had always thought prop guns could not fire live rounds .. wrong again cc

That said, until it's official, it's not yet real

Sometimes they use real firearms for authenticity.

There are different types of blanks and some of them look like live rounds at first glance.

cc

https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwln____/status/911425278123048960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E911425278123048960%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fentertainment%2Falec-baldwin-facing-backlash-tweet-questioning-wrongfully-kill-someone">https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwln____/sta ... ll-someone">https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwln____/status/911425278123048960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E911425278123048960%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fentertainment%2Falec-baldwin-facing-backlash-tweet-questioning-wrongfully-kill-someone
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

American + Gun.

What could possibly go wrong.

:2lc4sh4_th:

cc

hmmmm .. We been gettin a lot of Aussie shows of late .. no idea why

But lots o guns & gunfire & bullet riddled bodies

Anyhowzers, I guess we don't know exactly what happened, but why would he be aiming at staff?

He is a  jerk / lowlife  of the highest order.. a 10 level .. rotten personality .. nasty nasty person ..  dunno how he got in acting ... mind you personal standards are not high,   always avoid anything he's in  ... Now he's ended a life

It could not be part of movie as he hit staff .. So  why was he  pointing a gun at staff let alone pull the trigger ???

Did he hit 2 people with one shot or did he shoot yet again?

Shoulda stuck to bullying, berating & belittling  his little daughter, although she's likely big enough now to shut him up

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=424658 time=1634948220 user_id=88
hmmmm .. We been gettin a lot of Aussie shows of late .. ni idea why

You have my sympathy. Our entertainment industry is utter garbage. Australians generally cannot put together a decent movie, book or TV series albeit with some odd exceptions. Mad Max was OK. Picnic at Hanging Rock was very good (although the director was a Kiwi), Cargo is an excellent horror/sci-fi movie but stars Martin Freeman (Bilbo Baggins). Most of our pop culture is execrable.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424659 time=1634949032 user_id=1560

You have my sympathy. Our entertainment industry is utter garbage. Australians generally cannot put together a decent movie, book or TV series albeit with some odd exceptions. Mad Max was OK. Picnic at Hanging Rock was very good (although the director was a Kiwi), Cargo is an excellent horror/sci-fi movie but stars Martin Freeman (Bilbo Baggins). Most of our pop culture is execrable.

True .. they are not top, but a cpl of series are sort of OK

Anonymous

This post fits the Leftist Hypocrisy thread, but it's going to be parked here.

Union workers walked off Alec Baldwin movie set hours before fatal shooting to protest working conditions at low-budget film

Hours before actor Alec Baldwin unintentionally shot and killed one and injured another at a movie set, union workers had walked off in order to protest working conditions at the low-budget film.

On Friday, the Los Angeles Times reported that just six hours before the fatal shooting a group of camera crew members had walked off to protest working conditions.

The crew had been in a dispute with the film's producers over their pay and travel arrangements. Baldwin was a writer, co-producer, and starred as the lead role in the film entitled "Rust."

On Thursday the camera crew was setting up their equipment when non-union workers came on set to replace them. About half a dozen abandoned the film in protest.

The report quoted a crew member knowledgable about the incident who claimed, "Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting."

That person also claimed that there had been two misfires from the prop gun on Saturday and another misfire the week before.

"There was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set," they added.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/alec-baldwin-shooting-union-safety?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-10-23&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/alec-bald ... Daily%20AM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/alec-baldwin-shooting-union-safety?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-10-23&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM

cc

LOL .. The net is now full of crazy progs saying Trump HAD TO BE  involved

He set the whole thing up to  get back at this creep wannabe actor who had a horrid case of TDS

:roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424753 time=1635010918 user_id=88
LOL .. The net is now full of crazy progs saying Trump HAD TO BE  involved .. to get back at this creep wannabe actor

figures

Renee

Quote from: cc post_id=424753 time=1635010918 user_id=88
LOL .. The net is now full of crazy progs saying Trump HAD TO BE  involved

He set the whole thing up to  get back at this creep wannabe actor who had a horrid case of TDS

TDS is a very real mental illness.

If the liberal scum wasn't in control of academia, the medical industry, and the media, and if they weren't endowed with so much political power, it already would have been classified as such.

At every turn the progs prove that they are incapable of rational or even remotely intelligent behavior.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=424659 time=1634949032 user_id=1560

Aussie film and series are typically cringeworthy and full of woke-isms...
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is the name of the armorer..

A beginner.

'

A woman...

cc

There have been a number of suggestions, from the conservative press as much as elsewhere, that we should go easy on poor Alec Baldwin concerning the terrible "accident" that resulted in a "tragedy" at his New Mexico filming location.

No, we should not.  It was not an accident

There a four primary rules of firearms handling, codified many years ago by firearms expert Jeff Cooper.  Everyone serious about firearms has long ago committed them to memory:

Every gun is always loaded.

Never put your finger on the trigger until you are about to shoot.

Never aim at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Be absolutely certain about what is behind your target.

It seems clear that Baldwin ignored every last one of these.  He didn't bother to check his weapon to see if it was loaded.  He had his finger on the trigger in an insecure situation.  He aimed it at two people.  His director, Joel Souza, was standing behind Halyna Hutchins, who was killed.  Souza was evidently hit by the same round.

Baldwin has long been an outspoken advocate of gun control.  He has generally presented himself as an expert

Then, — he generally presents himself as an expert on everything that has ever happened since humans first appeared on the Serengeti.

Bricktop

I can foresee manslaughter charges, given this occurred in the US.

But don't these movie sets have armourers and firearms safety officers?

More worrisome...how the hell did a loaded firearm get on the set? Someone either deliberately, or by an effort of negligence hard to believe put a live round in a real gun on a movie set??? How in the hell does a real firearm get on set?

Utter madness. Although I find it difficult to blame the user of the firearm, who should have some faith in the firearms safety system on set. Can't blame the puppet.

Anonymous

I was listening to Fox News on Sirius in my truck. Old Baldwin was at least part owner of the production company. He is shitting bricks this could break him financially.