The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A Bridge Too Far - The Ultimate "How to Lose Support For Dummies" Move

Started by cc, February 08, 2022, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

The bridge is one of the few privately owned US–Canada crossings; it was owned by Grosse Pointe billionaire Manuel Moroun, until his death in July 2020, through the Detroit International Bridge Company in the United States and the Canadian Transit Company in Canada

Not sure who owns it now

Anonymous

Traffic is moving about on Highway 2 between Milk River and Coutts. I think there are still a few vehicles there(some are pick-up trucks). Commercial traffic can get around them.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=438320 time=1644379607 user_id=56
Traffic is moving about on Highway 2 between Milk River and Coutts. I think there are still a few vehicles there(some are pick-up trucks). Commercial traffic can get around them.

That's good. It's been slowed and at times stopped for quite a while now

I would guess it would be used to get a fair amount of Alberta goods to the Interstate .. and of course skiers to the hills in Montana

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=438330 time=1644383239 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=438320 time=1644379607 user_id=56

That's good. It's been slowed and at times stopped for quite a while now

I would guess it would be used to get a fair amount of Alberta goods to the Interstate .. and of course skiers to the hills in Montana

Most of the provincial mandates will be gone.....I wonder if the few remaining will now leave.

cc

Yes. This whole thing was silly from the gitgo as provinces planned to reduce regs at about this time moving toward elimination

The only legit beef was Trudy's border reg on unvaxxed truckers .. the cause that started it all & became hijacked by supporters caught up in the glory trip to bitch about a cause that didn't exist  as it  was going to happen all along

Despite the Drama Queens, there never was a cause  for the public good

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=438370 time=1644428310 user_id=88
Yes. This whole thing was silly from the gitgo as provinces planned to reduce regs at about this time moving toward elimination

The only legit beef was Trudy's border reg on unvaxxed truckers .. the cause that started it all & became hijacked by supporters caught up in the glory trip to bitch about a cause that didn't exist  as it  was going to happen all along

This target of the protests in Ottawa and at border crossings are not mandates and restrictions, most of which are privincial. The target is Trudeau himself.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=438384 time=1644436413 user_id=2015

This target of the protests in Ottawa and at border crossings are not mandates and restrictions, most of which are privincial. The target is Trudeau himself.

If that's the case, and you could be right, that would make it all even worse.

The vile prk was elected thus protected to be in for a period ... just as they would want for  someone they preferred being elected in  the future

Further crippling  our already lame economy  may be Drama Queen fun and games  for a certain type of problem children

but it only brings support to  our lame PM in the overall

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=438396 time=1644437691 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=438384 time=1644436413 user_id=2015

If that's the case, and you could be right, that would make it all even worse.

The vile prk was elected thus protected to be in for a period ... just as they would want for  someone they preferred being elected in  the future

Further crippling  our already lame economy  may be Drama Queen fun and games  for a certain type of problem children

but it only brings support to  our lame PM in the overall

I have been checking their social media and it fits. In Alberta and Saskatchewan, they got their way. I think every province has an end game plan for passports and restrictions. They should be doing a victory lap, but they are not.

From the messages I'm seeing, Trudeau himself is the actual target of all the protests, not COVID restrictions. One Liberal MP broke ranks, so another small victory.

Bricktop

And so we see normally calm and apolitical Canadian citizens taking militant action against their prime minister.

Where will this lead?

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438404 time=1644444089 user_id=1560
And so we see normally calm and apolitical Canadian citizens taking militant action against their prime minister.

Where will this lead?

If the Feds don't act soon, it will keep getting uglier. The key bridge was a major escalation of what had been going on

That escalation must be giving our conspiracist type agitators spontaneous orgasms  .. I hope their keyboards  are kept safe ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438404 time=1644444089 user_id=1560

Where will this lead?

Hopefully it will lead to that smug dictator listening to people who he disagrees with.