The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Leftist nazis are still ignoring the science and defending lockdowns-unbelievable

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2022, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Lockdowns have been an unmitigated disaster. But, it is becoming more clear that may have the goal.

They Are Still Defending Lockdowns

Fifteen years ago, writers schooled in computer science began to imagine various totalitarian schemes for pandemic control. Experienced public health officials in 2006 warned that this would lead to disaster. Donald Henderson, for example, went through the whole list of possible restrictions, shooting them down one by one.

Since April 2020, scholars have observed that these lockdown policies haven't worked. The politicians preached, the cops enforced, citizens shamed each other, and businesses and schools did their best to comply with all the strictures. But the virus kept going with seeming disregard for all these antics.

Neither oceans of sanitizer, nor towers of plexiglass, nor covered mouths and noses, nor crowd avoidance, nor the seeming magic of six feet of distance, nor even mandated injections caused the virus to go away or otherwise be suppressed.

The evidence is in. Restrictions aren't associated with any particular set of virus mitigation goals. Forty studies have shown no connection between the policy (egregious violations of human liberty) and the intended outcomes (diminishing the overall disease impact of the pathogen).

You can forget about "causal inference" here because there is an absence of correlation between policy and outcomes at all. You can do a deeper dive and find 400 studies showing that the impositions of basic freedoms didn't achieve the intended result but instead produced terrible public health outcomes.

The two years of the hell into which hundreds of governments simultaneously plunged the globe achieved nothing but economic, social, and cultural destruction. Very obviously, this realization is shocking and suggests a crying need for a reassessment of the power and influence of the people who did this.

This reassessment is happening now, all over the world.

The most recent meta-analysis from Johns Hopkins University (Jonas Herby of the Center for Political Studies in Copenhagen, Denmark, Lars Jonung of Lund University, and Steve Hanke of Johns Hopkins) seems to have achieved some measure of media attention. It focuses in particular on the effects of heavy interventions on mortality, finding little to no relationship between policies and severe disease outcomes.

Lockdown policies are easily marketed to political players who might get a power rush from the exercise. But, in the end, Henderson's prediction was correct: These interventions turned a manageable pandemic into a catastrophe.

It's a sure bet, however, that lockdown proponents will be in denial at least for another decade.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/they-are-still-defending-lockdowns_4275327.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-14&utm_medium=email&est=4wHoFV3qS5H9Jozj6HICVNt7ydOhe5re42pK4ErLK7UfZ%2Fshb8DwwQmNbbv90ehvbg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/they-are- ... hvbg%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/they-are-still-defending-lockdowns_4275327.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_campaign=mb-2022-02-14&utm_medium=email&est=4wHoFV3qS5H9Jozj6HICVNt7ydOhe5re42pK4ErLK7UfZ%2Fshb8DwwQmNbbv90ehvbg%3D%3D

Anonymous

Closing in class learning, masking, and suspending extracurricular activities were the worst part of lockdowns.

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=439525 time=1644951501 user_id=3254
Closing in class learning, masking, and suspending extracurricular activities were the worst part of lockdowns.

No... the worst part has been not allowing healthy people to work. Everything else flows down to the kids...
Blahhhhhh...

cw_

The worst part was not being able to attend my dying mother in a CA nursing home.  And the suffering she endured from the lockdowns.

Frood

No offence, but us adults expect to die. The kids expect to live.

We're meant to die before our children and grandchildren.

Sorry for your mum's suffering.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=439528 time=1644951763 user_id=1676

No... the worst part has been not allowing healthy people to work. Everything else flows down to the kids...

You're an unemployed bum with a gimp son.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=439532 time=1644952493 user_id=3226
The worst part was not being able to attend my dying mother in a CA nursing home.  And the suffering she endured from the lockdowns.

LOL!

:roll:

cw_

Just my personal worst part story.  

The overall worst part is certainly on the kids and their future.

Frood

Quote from: cw_ post_id=439537 time=1644953076 user_id=3226

Yeah...

:negative:
Blahhhhhh...

cc

There has been a great many problems in all parts of society since the virus appeared  initially

How it has affected  children, especially as you mention is shameful
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Quote from: cw_ post_id=439537 time=1644953076 user_id=3226

My dad died in an Oregon hotel room in 2004. The maid found him the following morning in an armchair surrounded by snotty tissues.

He had told his business partner to go on ahead because he was feeling under the weather and would catch up later.

Obviously, that never happened....

But he was only 58 years young. Us 5 kids were shocked by it.

Cause of death got dragged out by many months until they just said it was natural.

Natural isn't a cause of death. Natural is what they say when they can't work out a cause of death in somebody under 60....

But my dad would have leaped into death first rather than let any of us go before him.

And I feel the same way about my own....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I know everybody has a story how lockdowns sucked for them personally. This was the first pandemic world leaders have ever had to deal with. In many cases they got conflicting bad advice from top medical experts.

Anonymous

Ya, that is messed up. I went along with the lockdowns for a while anyway. They are sheer insanity.

Anonymous

I'm very sorry about that cw_.

:sad:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview