Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Democratic governors facing DOJ investigation over COVID 19 nursing home deaths

Started by Anonymous, August 27, 2020, 02:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=443902 time=1647571720 user_id=88
It official

The state Health Department intentionally "misled the public" about the number of nursing home deaths from COVID-19 to help burnish former Gov. Andrew Cuomo's reputation before a sexual harassment scandal forced him to resign in disgrace, according to a blistering comptroller's audit released Tuesday

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/cuomo-covid-nursing-home-deaths.jpg">

Auditors found that DOH officials undercounted the death toll by at least 4,100 residents and at times by more than 50 percent, allowing Cuomo to repeatedly and falsely claim that New York was doing a better job than other states in protecting highly vulnerable seniors, the report says.

"While the Department's duty is to act solely to promote public health, we determined that, rather than providing accurate and reliable information during a public health emergency, the Department instead conformed its presentation to the Executive's narrative, often presenting data in a manner that misled the public," the report says.

DiNapoli also accused the DOH of hindering his probe by delaying the production of data requested by his office, limiting auditors' access to DOH staffers, not answering questions during meetings and not providing supporting documentation for its claims.

[I wonder if this will also deal with those Covid-Positive patients sent to Nursing Homes based on his order[= That's a lot worse/i]]

I'm glad they finally caught him.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=443906 time=1647572083 user_id=3254
It official

The state Health Department intentionally "misled the public" about the number of nursing home deaths from COVID-19 to help burnish former Gov. Andrew Cuomo's reputation before a sexual harassment scandal forced him to resign in disgrace, according to a blistering comptroller's audit released Tuesday

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/cuomo-covid-nursing-home-deaths.jpg">

Auditors found that DOH officials undercounted the death toll by at least 4,100 residents and at times by more than 50 percent, allowing Cuomo to repeatedly and falsely claim that New York was doing a better job than other states in protecting highly vulnerable seniors, the report says.

"While the Department's duty is to act solely to promote public health, we determined that, rather than providing accurate and reliable information during a public health emergency, the Department instead conformed its presentation to the Executive's narrative, often presenting data in a manner that misled the public," the report says.

DiNapoli also accused the DOH of hindering his probe by delaying the production of data requested by his office, limiting auditors' access to DOH staffers, not answering questions during meetings and not providing supporting documentation for its claims.

[I wonder if this will also deal with those Covid-Positive patients sent to Nursing Homes based on his order[= That's a lot worse/i]]

I'm glad they finally caught him.

There will be no consequences.

Anonymous

It official

It does also say > "My office will continue to monitor nursing home conditions and ensure the safety of our most vulnerable residents."

He is pondscum.