The best topic

Replies: 8349
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:54:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by caskur

Music you are jamming too thread

Started by weebles, May 22, 2022, 02:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

weebles

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: Dove post_id=471931 time=1660985124 user_id=3266
I think the reason we dont see many women in rock (all woman rock bands) so much isn't because they cant....its because it's not marketable.

Women are very sellable in pop. Not so much rock and metal. The music industry has been pimping women for years and years.

The minute someone says "all girl rock band" they are already more interested in a product to sell rather than music to make. It was never a female friendly industry. Any good female bands would be pushed to the side if they were not "hot" visually.

Remember the big fuss about how Susan Boil could sing but she was oh so oooglay?  We have probably been denied a lot female talent in favor of specific forms of female beauty.  Women were always pushed into pop.  Rock was always male dominated. There have been a lot of awesome female rockers but yeah....usually in a group with males. I dont think that's because SHE sucked without them(we have many female solo artists), that's just how it is. Way more men in rock than women.

Feminine energy just doesn't lend itself to rock as well. There are of course exceptions but 95-98% of so called female rock is shit, or they're the singer but not much if anything on the instrument side (while predominantly backed by males on guitars).

I do however like a good female vocal backed by rock dudes.

Even the soloist female rockers that get touted for their guitar work lack the credible rock angst.

Square pegs being punched into round holes.

I can appreciate the interplay in bands like Evanescence, Nightwish (or Tarja collaborating), even Garbage (which I think is mostly that) between male and female energies, but no all-female rock band ever truly rocked. They regurgitate what they think people want to hear.... Orianthi gets cited as a female guitarist that "rocks"... and her skills are greater than many successful male guitarists, but you can't "feel" her work.

Then there are total shit female rock groups like Veruca Salt.... gag....
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Well like I said.....the minute an "all girl rock band" is formed it's already more of a product than a genuine endeavor.

If the music industry wasnt so exploitive and focused on marketing sex .....we may have seen more very talented females in rock.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Frood

Quote from: Dove post_id=472350 time=1661159280 user_id=3266
Well like I said.....the minute an "all girl rock band" is formed it's already more of a product than a genuine endeavor.

If the music industry wasnt so exploitive and focused on marketing sex .....we may have seen more very talented females in rock.

Except.... all girl rock bands don't rock because of estrogen....  :oeudC:
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=472353 time=1661160262 user_id=1676
Quote from: Dove post_id=472350 time=1661159280 user_id=3266

If it were open to all women who have musical talent....we could know that for sure.  I'd have no issue agreeing.

I actually just saw this video

">

And I agree with Ted Nugent. Joan Jett was the shit and still is. BUT she doesnt belong on a list of best guitarists....especially when Prince didnt even make the list.

Someone in the comments pointed out "Okay. Have Nugent play I Love Rock n Roll.....and have Joan play Stranglehold" and that really settles it right there lol.

I mean did Heart make the list? Because yeah. Also better guitarists than Joan.  I bet it's because shes gay and we are doing the woke shit now.

It's really fucking sad the Runaways really thought they were breaking some glass ceiling and they were just girls being sexually exploited by perverts and used.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Jeannie01

Quote from: Dove post_id=472392 time=1661181166 user_id=3266
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=472353 time=1661160262 user_id=1676

If it were open to all women who have musical talent....we could know that for sure.  I'd have no issue agreeing.

I actually just saw this video

">

And I agree with Ted Nugent. Joan Jett was the shit and still is. BUT she doesnt belong on a list of best guitarists....especially when Prince didnt even make the list.

Someone in the comments pointed out "Okay. Have Nugent play I Love Rock n Roll.....and have Joan play Stranglehold" and that really settles it right there lol.

I mean did Heart make the list? Because yeah. Also better guitarists than Joan.  I bet it's because shes gay and we are doing the woke shit now.

It's really fucking sad the Runaways really thought they were breaking some glass ceiling and they were just girls being sexually exploited by perverts and used.

">

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

weebles

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=472811 time=1661381918 user_id=2191
">

I give it three out of ten.

weebles

what's up herm?  good to see you back brother   ac_drinks   :howdy:

">

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=472836 time=1661388452 user_id=2191

">

George is great.  :thumbup:

I had some surgery. I am going to have radiation after Chritmas. I hope it works out.

weebles

Quote from: Herman post_id=472839 time=1661389258 user_id=1689
Quote from: weebles post_id=472836 time=1661388452 user_id=2191

">

I had some surgery. I am going to have radiation after Chritmas. I hope it works out.

Well Herm hoping it all go's well dude.... cheers bud ac_drinks

">

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=473164 time=1661478788 user_id=2191
Quote from: Herman post_id=472839 time=1661389258 user_id=1689

Well Herm hoping it all go's well dude.... cheers bud ac_drinks

">

CCR had some good tunes.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Print
User actions