• What are you doing? 5 0 5 1

What are you doing?

Started by Erica Mena, June 12, 2022, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Too god bothery; didn't read
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The jury's out on a divine creator but I'll never believe the Bible is the perfect word of God with how contradictory or flat out wrong it is, not to mention how many times it's been edited AND translated in different languages from different manuscripts.  Religious scripture is for children who don't know better.  No offense.

To have a real relationship with the universe, I think you owe it to yourself to tune out the human noise.

Frood

Also too God bothery; didn't read....
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Well I was over on Bastard Factory but putrid Breakafart drove me off so I came here where no one is posting.

I am watching the news. Another great white pointer mauled a kid... He survived.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=471345 time=1660732571 user_id=2156
Well I was over on Bastard Factory but putrid Breakafart drove me off so I came here where no one is posting.

I am watching the news. Another great white pointer mauled a kid... He survived.

In Perth?

caskur

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471351 time=1660735813 user_id=3254
Quote from: caskur post_id=471345 time=1660732571 user_id=2156

In Perth?

6 hour drive South of me in Albany.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=471354 time=1660736348 user_id=2156
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471351 time=1660735813 user_id=3254

In Perth?

6 hour drive South of me in Albany.

I see, thank you.

caskur

I am tired... my sleeping pill kicked in yay......

nitey-nite.
- Andy Warhol

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Life is spread out all through the universe. Most of it is reptilian.

The common held belief is that the universe started with a 'big bang'. Somewhere in the universe all this stuff started spreading out from a single point after a massive explosion. All the stuff spreading out is all the same stuff so everything in the universe is made from the same stuff.

If everything is made from the same stuff then everything should have formed more or less the same way. If life began here then it most certainly also began pretty much everywhere else. The universe is teeming with life which all evolved at about the same rate and about the same way.

Now in the Earth's past the planet was covered with dinosaurs. Which would give a high probability that other planets capable of supporting life were also covered with dinosaurs. Earth however had a meteor hit it which wiped out the dinosaurs and allowed other life forms to arise including man.

So for all those other planets out there, if a meteor didn't hit it and wipe out the dinosaurs the dinosaurs would have kept evolving and become the dominant species. Their bodies would continue evolving into smaller more efficient designs while they also developed intelligence and became sentient.

So, to sum it up, 99 percent of sentient life in the universe probably looks like this -

https://i.imgur.com/HUqRw9y_d.webp?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&fidelity=high">

But don't worry, they won't be coming by anytime soon. As everything evolves at more or less the same rate technology would follow suit so everyone is at about the same point technologically as we are. And as we don't have warp drive yet they most likely don't have it either.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Dove

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=471260 time=1660689032 user_id=1676
Also too God bothery; didn't read....

Okay so "god bothering" isn't limited to evangelizing but even extends to discussing intelligent design apart from any religion?

It was literally a post about how intelligent design arguments are not the same as religion.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Rick098

Wandering around this new site.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rick098 post_id=472582 time=1661288259 user_id=3387
Wandering around this new site.

I hope you like it.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

I gotta get one of those uninterrupted power supply things for my Playstation. I finally picked up Borderlands3 (base game, all DLCs and cosmetics for 40 bucks) and I'm playing away and twice now my console switched off when the power flickers because of the monsoon rolling through. It's not enough of a flicker to make the tv or the computer turn off but it kills the PS4 every time... usually when I'm one shot away from killing that damn boss I've been fighting for ten minutes GOD DAMMIT YOU MEAN I HAVE TO FIGHT HIM AGAIN AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Dove

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472716 time=1661349502 user_id=3352
I just got back from dropping off my middle dog to the veterinarian to get his teeth cleaned. I took my youngest last week and she had to have 3 teefers pulled..  900 bucks.  I'm crossing my fingers that Teddy won't have to have any teeth pulled today.  I'm astounded by the price increases from my vet :/ Dental, shots, office visits.. etc.. wow!  I guess she's making up for all the money she lost during the Covid hype :/

All the vets have had to increase their prices.  It sucks. I tell my cats to not get sick or hurt because it's too expensive lol.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472769 time=1661366710 user_id=3352
Quote from: Dove post_id=472725 time=1661353668 user_id=3266

All the vets have had to increase their prices.  It sucks. I tell my cats to not get sick or hurt because it's too expensive lol.

Yeah, I hear ya, Dovey.  It's outrageous.  The vet just called and he had to have teeth pulled :(  I wanted a lump removed also but they didn't have time for it, so I have to schedule another appointment. All 3 of my dogs are old timers (over 14) and I hate having to take him back in for more anesthesia, but the lump is located on his underside and he can't find comfort laying down :'(  Sooo, next month I'll be taking him back in for that.  Poor guy.

It's terrible RAVEN..

I went through this with my dog and now my kitty is near the end of her life.