News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8334
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:33:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

America celebrates the 4th of July in the traditional way.

Started by Bricktop, July 04, 2022, 11:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

[size=150]This is why we have guns -[/size]

[size=150]Burglary suspect dies week after being shot by 93-year-old homeowner in Moreno Valley[/size]

A suspected burglar who was shot last week by a 93-year-old homeowner in Moreno Valley has now died, officials say.

Joseph A. Ortega, 33, of Moreno Valley, was shot shortly after midnight on June 29 after he and several others apparently broke into a home on Eucalyptus Avenue, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

After deputies and paramedics responded to the scene, Ortega was brought to a local hospital in critical condition.

On Thursday, the department said Ortega has died.

Ortega was believed to be one of several people who had broken into the property that day. Several people were seen fleeing on foot after the shooting.

The homeowner has been identified as Joe Howard Teague, 93. Neighbors and friends say his property had experienced several break-ins recently.

Teague is not facing any charges. While the investigation continues, a statement from the sheriff's department about the incident is headlined "Homeowner Justified in Shooting of an Intruder."

https://abc7.com/moreno-valley-intruder-shot-joseph-a-ortega-joe-howard-teague/12029810/">https://abc7.com/moreno-valley-intruder ... /12029810/">https://abc7.com/moreno-valley-intruder-shot-joseph-a-ortega-joe-howard-teague/12029810/

But I'm sure all you anti-gun cowards would much prefer the old man be killed instead. Or even better, he should have just called the cops so they can stand around for an hour waiting for somebody to find a key or something.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Japan has super restrictive gun ownership laws. Yet, someone managed to get a gun and assassinate a former pm.

Lokmar

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463071 time=1657235999 user_id=61
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=463033 time=1657211574 user_id=3351
When you can refute all that the founders wrote on the subject, we can discuss further:

https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quot ... amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/

With all due respect, the 2nd Amendment only makes sense for post war settings were way too many people still had guns, but now it's severely outdated as the world watches US news in horror almost everyday, you guys are so numbed by it and don't realized how messed up and short sighted the pro-gun community is.

The only problem with America is we've ejected God, The One and Only God, from society. The founders commented on this too:

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."

From your position, it could be argued that the entire Constitution is outdated and should be re-worked or voided. Even RBG stated that no country should use our founding documents as a starting or reference point. Well, if the world thinks there's blood in America's streets now, attempting this will 100% guarantee a civil war and destruction of the USA.

None of this negates the demonstrable condition of Australia, UK, Denmark, and a multitude of other countries enforcing their will on a defenseless people at gunpoint.

Lokmar

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463078 time=1657237803 user_id=61
I have some friends that have been robbed at gunpoint or scumbags with a knife, I even have one friend that gets constantly attacked by the 4 same assholes while on his way home from school, while I've gotten into a fight against 3 guys by myself and I would have been dead if it weren't for the by standers calling the police.

Yet still none of us ever cried about needing to own some kind of weapon for self defense.

I keep a pistol on me usually. Anyone who comes in my house to rob me will die in short order. I shoot at least 100 rounds through various guns per month.

Lokmar

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=463119 time=1657258511 user_id=1560
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=463033 time=1657211574 user_id=3351
When you can refute all that the founders wrote on the subject, we can discuss further:

https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quot ... amendment/">https://www.concealedcarry.com/gun-quotes-from-our-founding-fathers-2nd-amendment/

The American Constitution was written around 1789. 233 years ago. Do you believe that the fledgling American government would adopt policies, protocols, laws and strictures from 1566, that is to say 233 years before 1789?

Yes, and they did. Many older writings including the Bible, those from Rome, and Blackstone are directly referenced as the foundation of the basis for our form of government. With regard to weaponry, more than one founder referenced English Rulers disarming the populace.

The point is clear, in order for their to be freedom, the government needs to be at risk of annihilation by the people. If anyone wants to get rid of guns, the only alternative would be to disarm the government and remove all security barriers preventing anyone from entering and doing whatever they wanted to the leaders. Of course once the guns are gone, the leaders are free to do whatever they wish.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=463165 time=1657304615 user_id=3351

The point is clear, in order for their to be freedom, the government needs to be at risk of annihilation by the people.

That boils it all down right there   :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Zetsu

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=463134 time=1657282680 user_id=114
Former Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe was shot and killed. Japan has some of the industrialized world's most restrictive gun laws.

Tb fair it was a home made gun, most likely 3D printed, which is another new problem.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=463119 time=1657258511 user_id=1560

The American Constitution was written around 1789. 233 years ago. Do you believe that the fledgling American government would adopt policies, protocols, laws and strictures from 1566, that is to say 233 years before 1789?

Yes, and they did. Many older writings including the Bible, those from Rome, and Blackstone are directly referenced as the foundation of the basis for our form of government. With regard to weaponry, more than one founder referenced English Rulers disarming the populace.

The point is clear, in order for their to be freedom, the government needs to be at risk of annihilation by the people. If anyone wants to get rid of guns, the only alternative would be to disarm the government and remove all security barriers preventing anyone from entering and doing whatever they wanted to the leaders. Of course once the guns are gone, the leaders are free to do whatever they wish.

I don't understand why would you need guns, giving the average person guns will just lead to more people assassinated.  Police and soldiers using guns makes sense b/c it's a tool required, yet when a civilian have a gun, it's classified as a offensive/lethal weapon.

Unless you want more police brutality happening and more children and innocents murdered, while your government is made out of multiple democratic parties that needs to go through a congress before they can take action.  If you want freedom and power, then comes responsibility and sacrifice.  Sorry if we disagree but that is how others sees gun violence in the US.

Lokmar

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463182 time=1657311399 user_id=61

I don't understand why would you need guns, giving the average person guns will just lead to more people assassinated.  Police and soldiers using guns makes sense b/c it's a tool required, yet when a civilian have a gun, it's classified as a offensive/lethal weapon.

Unless you want more police brutality happening and more children and innocents murdered, while your government is made out of multiple democratic parties that needs to go through a congress before they can take action.  If you want freedom and power, then comes responsibility and sacrifice.

Guns and deadly force are the only way governments are overthrown. IMO, we look at the whole entire situation backwards. We see a shooting today and ask, how can we limit guns to stop this from happening. Even more ridiculous is places like the UK did that with stabbings. You cant own anything with a locking blade over 3" and even then, if a judge decides you have a deadly weapon, they can prosecute you for such. That government needs butchered....but they cant because the population is disarmed.

The proper way to look at this is to ask why we didnt have these mass shootings 75 years ago. Therein lies the real answer. If we keep on with anti gun crap, even if we would ban them, next thing you know we'll be banning knives and screwdrivers like the UK. Its intellectually brain dead to approach problems in that manner.

Zetsu

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=463184 time=1657311999 user_id=3351
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463182 time=1657311399 user_id=61

Unless you want more police brutality happening and more children and innocents murdered, while your government is made out of multiple democratic parties that needs to go through a congress before they can take action.  If you want freedom and power, then comes responsibility and sacrifice.

Guns and deadly force are the only way governments are overthrown. IMO, we look at the whole entire situation backwards. We see a shooting today and ask, how can we limit guns to stop this from happening. Even more ridiculous is places like the UK did that with stabbings. You cant own anything with a locking blade over 3" and even then, if a judge decides you have a deadly weapon, they can prosecute you for such. That government needs butchered....but they cant because the population is disarmed.

The proper way to look at this is to ask why we didnt have these mass shootings 75 years ago. Therein lies the real answer. If we keep on with anti gun crap, even if we would ban them, next thing you know we'll be banning knives and screwdrivers like the UK. Its intellectually brain dead to approach problems in that manner.

This is how I see it, if everyone has guns, criminals will have access to them too, which created this problem in the first place and the paradox/vicious cycle will continue on, same thing with inflation and increasing min wage.  

People getting stabbed is possible, but how can you even dare compare it to a firearm when you can't even out run a gunman.

Usually it takes 2 or more factors to create a problem.  In the old days I believe it's b/c ppl didn't have phone cams, severe decaying poverty, internet news or social media, diversity conflict, intense political/cultural competition.  Life was so much more simple back then, even if people had guns, but now if more and more people are becoming mentally unstable, guns are only making things 10x worst, it's just nothing but a catalyst with a means to kill and destroy.

Frood

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463123 time=1657278569 user_id=61
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=463122 time=1657262453 user_id=1676

I don't care either. If I could leave a person like you decomposing in a ditch after a "random" roadside stop and know that driving away from putrid wrecks was A-Okay, I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder....

You may now commence crying, coward....

Dead children is never something to be proud of Dinky.  Can you only image for once if every single one of you spineless coward carry a gun just to feel safe in peace times?  :sdfjh(2):

Esad, you snivelling limp wristed toady.

Food, water, shelter, weapons.... they're the basics to life. If you can't handle life, check out.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=463190 time=1657313449 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=463123 time=1657278569 user_id=61

Dead children is never something to be proud of Dinky.  Can you only image for once if every single one of you spineless coward carry a gun just to feel safe in peace times?  :sdfjh(2):

Esad, you snivelling limp wristed toady.

Food, water, shelter, weapons.... they're the basics to life. If you can't handle life, check out.

Hope you'll reap what you sow, gutless chicken.  As long as you keep on this "we should all have have guns" crusade, innocents will keep on paying the price for you.  Do you really have no remorse Dinky?

Frood

You don't deserve to be on this earth. It saddens me that so many pussies and hypocrites like you and Bricktop are on it.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=463197 time=1657314040 user_id=1676
You don't deserve to be on this earth. It saddens me that so many pussies and hypocrites like you and Bricktop are on it.

Projecting again?  That's super rich coming someone that wants his cake and eat it too.

Frood

I accept life and human existence at its best and in times of peace as well as times of upheaval. You've got to embrace the ying yang factor rather than demand that the gift given to you has assurances.

It's not I that wants his cake and eat it too....

Swallow a bag of concrete and harden the fuck up, bub....
Blahhhhhh...