Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Bricktop

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2022, 10:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Of course, digital has many advantages over film.

However, film cameras are seeing a resurgence in recent times, mainly for nostagia, but their colour rendition and image characteristics are more appealing over digital images in some cases.

Many images we see today taken by amateurs could not have been taken in film camera days. Digital is much more accessible and user friendly, and digital cameras are effectively computers that record images.

Oddly, the demand for film cameras and film is being driven by a younger demographic. But film is not going to impact on digital photography to any degree.

Anonymous

It's like the nostalgia records.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=475694 time=1664320668 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=475666 time=1664287543 user_id=1676

Neither of them probably know how to develop a negative with sparse materials/chemicals...

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=475666 time=1664287543 user_id=1676

Neither of them probably know how to develop a negative with sparse materials/chemicals...

Again you speak without knowledge.

Perhaps your mathematical skills fail you...but as you are aware of my age, and seem to know so much about photography, you are surely aware that I was a photographer LONG before the digital age arrived. Hence, I have considerable experience in processing, developing and printing images from both film and slide using my own darkroom. How about you, shortpants?

And I still use an Olympus OM2n FILM camera which produces a more subtle effect of colours on film, viz;

https://scontent.fadl4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279600911_5268317243188590_4966332962907017908_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NE97TqBrKZkAX-S78Ji&tn=ykj0FDCcjv3x8VIm&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl4-1.fna&oh=00_AT-Hfc4IftUVCX280eGwwCPH22-mL_5XADWm3E_tLDWLWg&oe=63395BE6">

From what I've seen of your photographic contributions, your knowledge of photography seems to be mediocre at best.

Again, you demonstrate your inability to ignore threads which relate to matters outside of your expertise simply because they have the word "Bricktop" in their title.

That envy must really chew you up.

My apologies.

I stand corrected.

Most photographers these days are 70 years old and above, were raised in a dark room, can fabricate their own analogue photography materials from nature if BASF European plants are crippled, and have a sanctimonious buffoon-like know everything attitude which makes them lose their cool and spout rubbish.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=475698 time=1664328014 user_id=1676
I stand corrected.

Again.

Frood

You stand with Ukraine and it's further proof you're seldom correct about anything....
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=475706 time=1664346540 user_id=1676
You stand with Ukraine and it's further proof you're seldom correct about anything....

I laugh when Ii see the LGBTQIA2+OMGWTFBBQ crowd flying that flag of nazi supremacy. Most of the rainbow crowd have no idea they'd be thrown off buildings, tortured or shot for their life choices in that neck of the woods.

Same as in Russia, only with far more goose stepping.

Anonymous

Quote from: UoT post_id=475740 time=1664397247

I laugh when Ii see the LGBTQIA2+OMGWTFBBQ crowd flying that flag of nazi supremacy. Most of the rainbow crowd have no idea they'd be thrown off buildings, tortured or shot for their life choices in that neck of the woods.

Herman speaks Ukrainian. He has spent a lot of time in the Ukraine. He understands how the country is. Snowflakes do not know.

Anonymous

And then there is the corruption in that country.

Frood

All that corruption..... so much of it. Shit, they're killing their own citizens in the East and have been for nearly a decade.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Brent post_id=475743 time=1664399205

Herman speaks Ukrainian. He has spent a lot of time in the Ukraine. He understands how the country is. Snowflakes do not know.

Of course they don't. That's why it's so amusing to watch them allying themselves with the flag. Redditors in particular.

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=475752 time=1664416478 user_id=3254

And then there is the corruption in that country.

Both of them I'd say. You might also consider the corruption of those delightful countries who would use the unrest there to money launder by way of waging a proxy war. I do not exempt members of the Commonwealth or the warmongering fuckpigs in NATO here, they have been jonesing for a return to the Cold War foes ever since the Soviet Union broke up thirty years ago.

I imagine now would be a good time to get while the going is good. If any of you are in major urban centers, consider the country life and what it might afford you in terms of food availability if nothing else.

Anonymous

Moving isn't an option for my huband and I while we're still working.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=475768 time=1664458773 user_id=3254
Moving isn't an option for my huband and I while we're still working.

Ah.

See, I would disagree here, based purely on the idea that if I knew there was a good chance my quality of life was set to take a serious downturn - indeed if it were in the process of doing so - then continuing to invest my efforts in maintaining and promoting it was counter-productive to my long term interests. This in fact was the reason I bailed out of the entertainment industry in 2020 once it became apparent that society was being reengineered along authoritarian lines. I reasoned that smaller communities offered better long term prospects for myself and mine and the sooner I made the choice to establish myself in a smaller and more tightly knit environment, the better my options were.

I could have rode it out, sure. And found my choices limited to "take our experimental injections which might irreversibly damage you" and "fuck you, you're not getting out of Dodge because we say so". Which would have put a serious dent in my ability to assure me of my health AND remain on the world stage, at least as a Canadian citizen.

But you do you... just hope that's not a "bridge out ahead" sign on the highway you're careening down. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it isn't.

Anonymous

My life may take a serious downturn in the future, especially if Justin Trudeau remains pm for ten more years..

Moving to a small community won't change anything.

Erica Mena

Ya'll have no idea how badly I want to move out to the country.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=475785 time=1664483851 user_id=2845
Ya'll have no idea how badly I want to move out to the country.

I'd like that too Erica, but I can't right now or in the next five years..

My daughter is living with us and in her final year of her undergrad degree..

My son graduates high school in June and already has an apprenticeship waiting for him here in the city.