Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

New Forum

Started by caskur, August 17, 2022, 08:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

I'm putting this out there. I found the admin to be interesting. I am going to visit once a day but the characters here are English. (they know nothing about the colonies...lol

Anyway.. enter at your own peril. Owner = a retired professional. I have no idea what sort of admin he'll make!~

https://howgoesit.proboards.com/">https://howgoesit.proboards.com/
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Good luck with that. He will need it. Very few new forums survive anymore. Didn't KM start a forum about a year or so ago? I believe you joined it caskur. How long did it last? Was it even two months?

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=471363 time=1660738212 user_id=2156
I'm putting this out there. I found the admin to be interesting. I am going to visit once a day but the characters here are English. (they know nothing about the colonies...lol

Anyway.. enter at your own peril. Owner = a retired professional. I have no idea what sort of admin he'll make!~

https://howgoesit.proboards.com/">https://howgoesit.proboards.com/

I wish him well.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=471364 time=1660739332 user_id=114
Good luck with that. He will need it. Very few new forums survive anymore. Didn't KM start a forum about a year or so ago? I believe you joined it caskur. How long did it last? Was it even two months?

King Martini keeps trying to revive flame boards and it never works.

caskur

The man who started the board is a retired dentist. I hope he gets a few members.

I just told him om another board he better start writing some interesting posts or no one will go there.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471366 time=1660739993 user_id=3254

KM is flakey. The board was doing OK.

The new board isn't a flame forum.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=471371 time=1660742880 user_id=2156

KM is flakey. The board was doing OK.

The new board isn't a flame forum.

King Martini's board was doing okay?

ac_wot

He keeps trying to revive flaming and most flamers have moved on.

Oerdin

Sadly, there are only a handful of giant boards and a bunch of morbid small boards these days.  Very little in-between.  For the last 20 years the kids have been obsessed with social media so most of the people still using forums are over 40 now.

caskur

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=471380 time=1660747193 user_id=3374
Sadly, there are only a handful of giant boards and a bunch of morbid small boards these days.  Very little in-between.  For the last 20 years the kids have been obsessed with social media so most of the people still using forums are over 40 now.

I think too, people post by their mobile phones and don't use their PC very much. So posts are limited to text only.

Egginbonce, is quite interesting. He writes pretty good philosophical posts on Oz News and Views but I fight with him a lot... ya know.... Deep down I'm still a flame warrior. :43(2):
- Andy Warhol

cw_

People who use free forum services like proboards are not site owners.  They don't own their own domain name, or hosting, or anything else.

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=471388 time=1660750587 user_id=3226
People who use free forum services like proboards are not site owners.  They don't own their own domain name, or hosting, or anything else.

:t1236:

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=471370 time=1660742793 user_id=2156

The man who started the board is a retired dentist. I hope he gets a few members.

I just told him om another board he better start writing some interesting posts or no one will go there.

If he's a British dentist, he has no time for forums. Have you seen British teeth. :yuk:

Anonymous

caskur

Quote from: cw_ post_id=471388 time=1660750587 user_id=3226

It's just a message board... you should go there and help him out. He has gone swimming at the moment. He is somebody that that would fit in the flame world I think.

I personally hate boards with ads but what can I do?.. I am not paying for it or I'd go to my own board and start paying for it again...

I am not building up his board writing shit. I am far too lazy these days and I have real life stuff going on.
- Andy Warhol

Biggie Smiles

that's cause he's a boring moron

maybe the higher powers in the universe are gently trying to tell him to get job and do something productive with himself