The best topic

Replies: 8485
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:56:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

howdy, yall....

Started by deadskinmask, September 23, 2022, 11:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=475338 time=1663945415 user_id=1582
i heard you were closing up shop and i just wanted to say goodbye.... i know we got off on the wrong foot but we got it worked out pretty quick.... i like the hell outta most of you but i think my views are a bit too radical for your forum so i tend to do fly by posting rather than extended layovers.... even though i don't post here as much, i still read yall somewhat regularly.... i'm gonna miss yall and i hope wherever you end up is as pleasant and balanced as this place is.... good luck and Godspeed.... yall know where to find me and if i'm not there, i'm in jail or the morgue.... i know we disagree on almost everything but at least i know yall vote correctly.... maybe 2024 will be a better year.... so long, friends....

I wish I was here earlier to say howdy y'all to the skinner. This is iron horse jockey by the way.

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=475360 time=1663949972 user_id=56
My birthday is today. I'm 38 years old.

Happy Birthday Shen!!!!!!

:XIe76hJ:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=475429 time=1663979702 user_id=193
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=475360 time=1663949972 user_id=56
My birthday is today. I'm 38 years old.

Happy Birthday Shen!!!!!!

:XIe76hJ:

Don't ASSume because I'm 38 that I'm too old to spank. ac_dance  :yahoo:

Anonymous

It's your birthday Shen? Did you have some swish today?

Anonymous

Hey deadskinmask, I was wrong about all that Covid communism.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=475342 time=1663946205 user_id=3254
Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=475341 time=1663946083 user_id=1582

lol.... i'm semi-retired.... just waiting patiently for armageddon....

I'm waiting too.

It's coming. So is Christmas.

DSM - I registered at VF specifically at your invitation. I don't regret it either, but damn... it takes an age to get an account approved and I must have made about half a dozen attempts at it before Evs (or whoever) approved an application before my disposable email expired. Fun times.

I may look back in on the joint once this place finishes its swan dive into the digital pavement. And maybe not. It really depends on how much I can be bothered winding up Semenjaw - you know how he loves to insert himself into everything and I've a nasty habit of tying retards shoelaces together for my own amusement.

Anonymous

Quote from: UoT post_id=475444 time=1663999888

I'm waiting too.

DSM - I registered at VF specifically at your invitation. I don't regret it either, but damn... it takes an age to get an account approved and I must have made about half a dozen attempts at it before Evs (or whoever) approved an application before my disposable email expired. Fun times.

I may look back in on the joint once this place finishes its swan dive into the digital pavement. And maybe not. It really depends on how much I can be bothered winding up Semenjaw - you know how he loves to insert himself into everything and I've a nasty habit of tying retards shoelaces together for my own amusement.

Don't bother. Evs should have pulled the plug on that dump long ago. It's been running on fumes. It is by far the most boring of all the forums. Nothing funny, and none of the regs are capable debaters. VF is a total waste of time. The place sux. End of.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=475448 time=1664001354

Don't bother. Evs should have pulled the plug on that dump long ago. It's been running on fumes. It is by far the most boring of all the forums. Nothing funny, and none of the regs are capable debaters. VF is a total waste of time. The place sux. End of.

Maybe it's the end-of where you're concerned... fine if it is. Really. As I indicated above, I might refire my account there and I might not. There's very little in the way of forums that entices me these days, past a few random drive-byes here. Bastard Factory is run on the same admin model The Retard Farm and CBT was, SG never really interested me (additionally it's original crew were happy for me to stay away as well) and FT (which I might pay attention to over all else) is only getting going again if it's owner can find the time. Frankly, given the attention she endured, I'm not holding my breath.

VF has it's place. There's a couple of names there worthwhile of my attention, I don't need humour or debate any more than I required the niceties of a PM box or reserved placeholder for an e-identity here. Any forum needs little to fulfil my needs, as long as the staff aren't compelled to go nuts behind the panel on the premise it's "clever" or "pwnership" (which is a pretty weak play that is still practiced to this day elsewhere) I'm okay to take the interactions as they come. Five stars and an elephant smiley stamp to VF for avoiding that trap, at least where I was where i was concerned.

Truth is, I'll probably be spending most of my socializing time in SL. The bar for entry is substantially higher than any messageboard, there's a larger scope for interaction (40,000 users logged in at the time of this post) and I get to exercise my skillset in terms of the creative that forums simply aren't capable or displaying. And getting paid for it. At the risk of coming across as elitist, there's more to recommend such a platform over this, though it's hardly a case if "choose one or the other, but not both". If I keep a presence in the messageboard community, it will be because I choose to keep in touch with certain people, not out of any prestige or "is best" at choosing the grooviest happening place to do it in.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Brent post_id=475419 time=1663976120 wish I was here earlier to say howdy y'all to the skinner. This is iron horse jockey by the way.

whats up, man.... how are ya.... alls good here.... i quit working full time and now i do freelance farm work.... i handle bees and milk cows and deliver baby animals and fix fences and all kinds of shit.... i'm even busier now than when i was 9 to 5'ing it.... its great though....

deadskinmask

Quote from: Herman post_id=475438 time=1663990246
Hey deadskinmask, I was wrong about all that Covid communism.

it was crazy times then.... nobody really had a chance to think things through.... hopefully we won't fall for anymore bullshit like that again....

deadskinmask

I'm waiting too.

swing by anytime.... we're even open on holidays....

deadskinmask

Quote from: UoT post_id=475450 time=1664006132

Maybe it's the end-of where you're concerned... fine if it is. Really. As I indicated above, I might refire my account there and I might not. There's very little in the way of forums that entices me these days, past a few random drive-byes here. Bastard Factory is run on the same admin model The Retard Farm and CBT was, SG never really interested me (additionally it's original crew were happy for me to stay away as well) and FT (which I might pay attention to over all else) is only getting going again if it's owner can find the time. Frankly, given the attention she endured, I'm not holding my breath.

VF has it's place. There's a couple of names there worthwhile of my attention, I don't need humour or debate any more than I required the niceties of a PM box or reserved placeholder for an e-identity here. Any forum needs little to fulfil my needs, as long as the staff aren't compelled to go nuts behind the panel on the premise it's "clever" or "pwnership" (which is a pretty weak play that is still practiced to this day elsewhere) I'm okay to take the interactions as they come. Five stars and an elephant smiley stamp to VF for avoiding that trap, at least where I was where i was concerned.

Truth is, I'll probably be spending most of my socializing time in SL. The bar for entry is substantially higher than any messageboard, there's a larger scope for interaction (40,000 users logged in at the time of this post) and I get to exercise my skillset in terms of the creative that forums simply aren't capable or displaying. And getting paid for it. At the risk of coming across as elitist, there's more to recommend such a platform over this, though it's hardly a case if "choose one or the other, but not both". If I keep a presence in the messageboard community, it will be because I choose to keep in touch with certain people, not out of any prestige or "is best" at choosing the grooviest happening place to do it in.

i don't have nearly enough coffee in me to read this with any degree of success.... let me swallow about 4 more cups and give this tree another shake....  :laugh:

Anonymous

I know the owner of VF and I like her very much..

She is a very kind hearted lady who keeps that forum going to give Edward something to do..

I hope you'll join us, even as a guest at SG..

You'll find familiar posters.

Anonymous

Quote from: deadskinmask post_id=475459 time=1664023865 user_id=1582

i don't have nearly enough coffee in me to read this with any degree of success.... let me swallow about 4 more cups and give this tree another shake....  :laugh:

He's a good writer.

deadskinmask

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=475468 time=1664035147 user_id=3254He's a good writer.

yeah.... he is.... i'm pretty sure i recognize the style.... i believe i know who he was at VF too.... damn good writer....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview