The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

Started by Erica Mena, October 02, 2022, 10:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Erica Mena

Nobody wants to deal with it LOL
<t></t>

cw_

heh  Not it!

Also, I don't see a reason that every forum has to have unmoderated guest posting.  Art, Hard Rock & Harmony doesn't have it and no one is bitching about that.  ; )

And if The Blue Cashew is going to have guest posting the forum description should be amended.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476460 time=1665421902 user_id=2845

Well it needs to be "dealt with", otherwise it's just a liability.  That's specifically your problem now.

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=476465 time=1665426358 user_id=3382

Well it needs to be "dealt with", otherwise it's just a liability.  That's specifically your problem now.

Ugh. I wish Peachy was still around. He was on it as a mod.
<t></t>

Erica Mena

Quote from: cw_ post_id=476464 time=1665425940 user_id=3226
heh  Not it!

Also, I don't see a reason that every forum has to have unmoderated guest posting.  Art, Hard Rock & Harmony doesn't have it and no one is bitching about that.  ; )

And if The Blue Cashew is going to have guest posting the forum description should be amended.

Noted.
<t></t>

Frood

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=476458 time=1665411369 user_id=3382
If politics are staying, they'll need a moderator.  Otherwise, the report button will have to do, and we know how prone to abuse those are.  

I'm sure as hell not wading through those potential TOS violations, not when there's posters like Lokmar about, chanting death to all n***ers.  I doubt Flea wants the headache either.

*cough* Any volunteers?

Probably pointless anyway after your persuasion has delivered all of us into WW3....  acc_devil
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=476458 time=1665411369 user_id=3382
I'm sure as hell not wading through those potential TOS violations, not when there's posters like Lokmar about, chanting death to all n***ers.

I certainly wouldn't. I fundamentally disagree with the whole Critical Race Theory and political correctness dogma that engineered a society where such mere words could be somehow construed as a visceral and egregious threat that trumped drag queens and political leaders alike to indulge in intimate fashion with children, willfully laundering money through foreign powers to keep the military industrial complex in clover, or the wholesale eugenics of the world's population on the back of a 100% safe and effective emergency use "vaccine" that proved to be anything but... combined.

We used to have a saying on the playbround back in primary school; "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". We could (and frequently did) call each other every name under the sun and it didn't matter because they were simply that - names. A stark contrast to the supposed adult company that shivers, beaten and cowed by the likes of the Woke ffs, pretending we might advance ourselves to some egalitarian Nirvana if only we limit the terms of reference to the liking of some self centered authoritarian asshole who has convinced us there are those in this world whose fee-fees are so fragile and helpless they need white knighting... until they step off the reservation too, in which case they ought to be rounded up and exiled along with all the rest of the recalcitrants.

News flash, numpties; the word "nirvana" in ancient Greek literally meant "a place that doesn't exist" and my colleagues on the playground had their shit together a lot better than we do today. Grow a set and take a stand; if Evil Orangeman can raise hell on the Twatters and still manage not to start any new wars in four years of doing so, it's unlikely Lokmar or anyone else is going to set the world on fire with a racial slur.

Anonymous

FWIW - neither the gazetted forum owner, nor the forum itself are under Canadian jurisdiction. Which means any claims that Truedeaup might send the mounties in to fuck up your day are even emptier than the US oil reserve. Even if it were otherwise, you would have to be wallowing in delusions of grandeur to think a site with a readership of under 100 interested parties would be worth their time to investigate. If you choose to cower under such a non-existent threat, at least own the authorship of your cringe - I could respect that.

Uterus on Toast

free speech extremist.

Anonymous

I'm more likely to care because it's Flea that owns the forum now, and I don't know any of the Cashew crew personally, so it was none of my concern all this time, but... seeing as the host is the same one that shelters OOTIKOF (and all the degeneracy therein), you're probably right, almost certainly in fact.  Still, a moderator who actually reads the upper forums might still be a welcome addition.  I'm not afraid of any government or the laws they see fit to threaten people with, but a random netcop.  It's the host that might respond by taking the keys away, and I only mentioned it because I've seen it happen, but there I go, giving people ideas.

I'm well aware of the fact that I'm being overly cautious.

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=476500 time=1665494143 user_id=3382
I'm more likely to care because it's Flea that owns the forum now, and I don't know any of the Cashew crew personally, so it was none of my concern all this time, but... seeing as the host is the same one that shelters OOTIKOF (and all the degeneracy therein), you're probably right, almost certainly in fact.  Still, a moderator who actually reads the upper forums might still be a welcome addition.  I'm not afraid of any government or the laws they see fit to threaten people with, but a random netcop.  It's the host that might respond by taking the keys away, and I only mentioned it because I've seen it happen, but there I go, giving people ideas.

I appreciate you!
<t></t>

Garraty_47

... seeing as the host is the same one that shelters OOTIKOF (and all the degeneracy therein)

Waitwhut?!?

There hasn't been any degeneracy at OotNet since I closed the forum back in... however many years ago that was.

Even when the forum existed the degeneracy was of a particularly mild strain and only passed back and forth between 3 individuals, at best.

Harrumph. Harrumph I say.

cw_

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476501 time=1665494771 user_id=2845

I appreciate you!

As you should.

As owner your responsibility is to the hosts TOS.  This is why I suggested you find a favourable one.  They vary widely between and within different countries.  

Rancid and Dinky are currently posting in The Blue Cashew.

cw_

Cronos has done a splendid job of looking after The Blue Cashew in the past.

kiebers

Quote from: cw_ post_id=476509 time=1665511498 user_id=3226
Cronos has done a splendid job of looking after The Blue Cashew in the past.

Thank you.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

As someone with a history of covering all his bases where he can no matter how unlikely they need defending, I understand. You and I have known each other for twenty years, I think the both of us have earned the right to enjoy each others most considered analysis long ago.

I don't grudge you the spectre of random tattletale to the interwebz police either. That shit is as old as dirt. Gay4Pay itself went through innumerable hosts back in the day before Dicklips Daspin settled on one that wasn't going to nuke his site at the opening of an envelope and Ceedub's timely suggestion to hunt for agreeable alternatives in the event the current one goes dark is the kind of common sense approach I'd be adopting if it were my name over the door. Even now there are those who would pull every trick in the book simply because they had nothing better to waste their time with one-upsmanship where I was concerned. I get it, I really do. But from my perspective it's all pretty much background noise at this point, a constant easily factored in and allowed for.

So if you know those cretins are out there and hardwired in to the same approach they always have been, the problem ceases to be their continued efforts and instead becomes how far ahead you can stay out in front of them. You can (and should) have a lot of fun in the chase and Flea enjoys the same options as any website owner in that regard. I've practically made an industry out of identifying the reactions I was expected to deliver and jumping in a completely different direction. It fucks with an opponent no end because it forces them back to the drawing board in order to chew on their crayons as they wrack their brains for a solution to the problem I've thus presented them with. In some cases they're not even cluey enough for that much and end up spinning their wheels instead.

Don't sweat it, is what I'm trying to say. Step outside the box, take time to understand how it works and you can make it work for you. And if that bugs a chug then meh... fuck 'em. You're writing your own success while they are left to wallow in someone else's regurgitated feces. "Onward and upward" as they say in the classics.