Replies: 10377
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Only one Canadian team makes the playoffs

Started by Anonymous, April 09, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

For the first time since 1973, only one Canadian team will make the playoffs..

Good luck Montreal and will you cheer for them?

Romero

Oh, are the Canucks out of the playoffs? I haven't been paying much attention since they were kicked out of the playoffs a couple of days ago.

:x

Oh well! I did get to enjoy some of the best years in Canucks history. Time to rebuild. I really hope Calgary and Edmonton make the playoffs soon enough. It's been way too long.

I shall be rooting for Les Habitants! I always go any Canadian team.

In 1973, Montreal was the only Canadian team and ended up winning the Cup.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Oh, are the Canucks out of the playoffs? I haven't been paying much attention since they were kicked out of the playoffs a couple of days ago.

:x

Oh well! I did get to enjoy some of the best years in Canucks history. Time to rebuild. I really hope Calgary and Edmonton make the playoffs soon enough. It's been way too long.

I shall be rooting for Les Habitants! I always go any Canadian team.

In 1973, Montreal was the only Canadian team and ended up winning the Cup.

I didn't know that fact Romero..

I hope history repeats itself.

:)

Anonymous

I had a chance to go see the Oilers play their final game of the season against the Canucks on Saturday, but we have something else on the go that night.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I had a chance to go see the Oilers play their final game of the season against the Canucks on Saturday, but we have something else on the go that night.

I am not sure who the Calgary Flames will play in their final game?

Romero

Calgary plays at home against the Winnipeg Jets tomorrow night, then it's on the road for their final game Sunday against... Vancouver!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Calgary plays at home against the Winnipeg Jets tomorrow night, then it's on the road for their final game Sunday against... Vancouver!

I know it makes no difference now, but I would like to see Calgary close out their season with wins.

Romero

Then we shall commence the 1st annual ACC Battle of the Basement!

Upcoming games:

Vancouver @ Edmonton Saturday

Calgary @ Vancouver Sunday

Good luck, and may the best team win!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Then we shall commence the 1st annual ACC Battle of the Basement!

Upcoming games:

Vancouver @ Edmonton Saturday

Calgary @ Vancouver Sunday

Good luck, and may the best team win!

I would guess the that Vancouver will beat both Edmonton and Calgary..

I don't want to guess the final scores though.

Anonymous

The Oil lost 3-0 to the Kings last night. Also, I heard Ryan Smith might retire after Saturday's game. He has been such a big part of this community for so long that he is the first name that pops into my head when I think of the Oilers. An analogy would be Trevor Linden in Vancouver. Maybe Ryan Smith will get a job with the organization.

Anonymous

The Oil beat the Canucks 5-2 last night to close out yet another disappointing season. It was Ryan Smyth's final game, so I wish now I had went to the game.

Anonymous

Montreal Canadiens will play Tampa Bay Lightning in the first playoff round.

Romero

That was quite a night for Ryan Smyth! One of the great unsung heroes. A warrior in front of the net. He ended up being at the top of so many Oiler records, right up there with the likes of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and Anderson.

And now the results of the 2014 ACC Battle of the Basement Cup!

Vancouver defeated Calgary, but Vancouver lost to Edmonton. Edmonton wins!

Congrats, Shen Li!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"That was quite a night for Ryan Smyth! One of the great unsung heroes. A warrior in front of the net. He ended up being at the top of so many Oiler records, right up there with the likes of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and Anderson.

Congrats, Shen Li!

I didn't find out the final score in the Calgary vs. Vancouver game?

It was 2 to 0 for Vancouver at the end of period one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"That was quite a night for Ryan Smyth! One of the great unsung heroes. A warrior in front of the net. He ended up being at the top of so many Oiler records, right up there with the likes of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and Anderson.

Congrats, Shen Li!

Haha, the best person won. ;)  Damn, I could kick myself for not going to that final game. I could've gotten out of our Saturday night invite.