The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Ukraine now wants peace?

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: Guest post_id=497724 time=1681525249
Quote from: DKG post_id=497630 time=1681409802 user_id=3390

I don't know about other people, but my time online is finite. It would be better if people would let us know where to check the video highlights.

Those are the edited highlights, this Ukraine v Russia war is an outgrowth of US foreign policy dating back decades. You want it compressed further, I'm sure CBC and CTV can curate a list of talking points they want you to parrot off.... but I gather that's not the answer you're after.

You could always run an earpiece while you're doing something else, that's what I usually do. I don't exactly have the time to sit and watch stuff, but that doesn't stop me from listening to it.

I do not watch long videos either. I might google what it's about to get highlights if it's a speech or a debate.

DKG

Quote from: Guest post_id=497724 time=1681525249
Quote from: DKG post_id=497630 time=1681409802 user_id=3390

I don't know about other people, but my time online is finite. It would be better if people would let us know where to check the video highlights.

Those are the edited highlights, this Ukraine v Russia war is an outgrowth of US foreign policy dating back decades. You want it compressed further, I'm sure CBC and CTV can curate a list of talking points they want you to parrot off.... but I gather that's not the answer you're after.

You could always run an earpiece while you're doing something else, that's what I usually do. I don't exactly have the time to sit and watch stuff, but that doesn't stop me from listening to it.

If I want highlights, those two networks would not be where I looked.

Anonymous

Quote from: DKG post_id=497778 time=1681583077 user_id=3390
Quote from: Guest post_id=497724 time=1681525249...I'm sure CBC and CTV can curate a list of talking points they want you to parrot off.... but I gather that's not the answer you're after.

If I want highlights, those two networks would not be where I looked.

Quite. So you're effectively left with the 1 hour 45 minute precis of thirty years worth bullshit that has led to this juncture. Oh sure, it might seem a little daunting on the face of it, but given that the only other option is to have curated talking points funneled at you...

You can step outside your own sphere for five seconds and consider this much; I could have gone the CBC route and told you what I wanted you to know about it, you might have gobbled it up without question or you could have demanded I "post proof". Either avenue is boring as fuck and does not advance the action any and it certainly doesn't provide for understanding why things are the way they are.

Instead, a deeper dive has been presented, along with the necessary receipts affording you ample opportunity to do your own due diligence to determine for yourself where you stand on the matter, rather than simply letting others do your thinking for you. If your best answer can be expressed as "tl;dr", that's on you my friend. Major media outlets will be more than happy to compact it down to TikTok length soundbites for you to parrot to your heart's content... but it will be you doing yourself the disservice. The good news is that I recognise that you have a brain, though as a libertarian I believe it is improper for me to compel you on how you should use it... or not.

I can however coach you that the effort to step outside of a curated narrative can prove rewarding. Having personally invested half a century of picking apart the minutia of various arguments and situations, I am in a better position to listen to others takes on any number of topics and mentally wrestle with them on equal footing, rather than sprinting for the nearest "authority" to tell me what to think. As a result, I am more inclined to involve myself in pursuits that genuinely make me happy and make me a better person than I am to knock myself out chasing someone else's ideas on what I ought to be doing for their benefit... especially since in most cases the latter casts me as a follower, a resource to be exploited.

It's the length of an average theatrical release, most people would shell out ten or twenty bucks to see a Hollywood story, but you are getting a real life tale for a fraction of that cost... mere pennies of your monthly internet connection cost. It's down to you, mate. You'll find your level either way.

Herman

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/341624625_899230364478051_3469620310871861819_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=89kVWwTYhoUAX_TTHwc&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AfDuseLfoOgqFPYDPRa8VFYrHq0SGZuXd-2wMyz0dentTQ&oe=644665F1">

Odinson

Here is something you havent heard in a long time...

A Russian airstrike.

The random missile and drone strikes all over Ukraine have depleted Ukraines AA-missile stocks.

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson post_id=498480 time=1682101858 user_id=136

A Russian airstrike.

The random missile and drone strikes all over Ukraine have depleted Ukraines AA-missile stocks.

Odi, I don't believe anything about the war if the source is English language media.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=498484 time=1682102962 user_id=3389
Quote from: Odinson post_id=498480 time=1682101858 user_id=136

A Russian airstrike.

Odi, I don't believe anything about the war if the source is English language media.

I am prepared to suspend disbelief. Especially when I hear about hypersonic missiles exploding the crap out of NATO generals in their bunkers.

Sadly Zelensky wasn't present at the conflaguration.

DKG

Quote from: Herman post_id=497578 time=1681362070 user_id=3396
Quote from: Guest post_id=497507 time=1681279835

You mean as they promised us that Trump would do. Man, that guy really fucked them up, waging peace across the international stage. No wonder he is so reviled!

Fucking US. Or to be more accurate, "fucking deep state". No matter which way this eventually shakes out, Ukraine is fucked; a bombed out shell of a place, millions dead or terminally twisted. And the EU? Germany in particular? Indebted at the behest of a pack of warmongering fuckpigs who effectively declared war on them AND the Russians by blowing up the sole energy conduit they had left. Waged economic war on us all, screwing with the supply chains, inviting famines and economic collapse of the western sphere... bunch of assholes.

Even if Trump is returned to the White House (best case scenario) it's going to take way longer to undo the crap of the last two years, never mind what has come before. And you can point at Putin all you like and with justification, but that will not absolve us from the damage our inaction has afforded the opportunity to ruin.

Change my mind.

Peace, prosperity, and low infation. The democRATs cannot have that.

Trudeau hates all of that too.

Shen Li

Quote from: Guest post_id=498713 time=1682330114

I am prepared to suspend disbelief. Especially when I hear about hypersonic missiles exploding the crap out of NATO generals in their bunkers.

Yeah, that's too bad.

Herman

Quote from: Guest post_id=498713 time=1682330114

The war was guaranteed as soon as Jim Crow Jow was sworn in.

Anonymous

One thing's for sure, it's totally screwing with their economy. I heard more than a few brothels were taking to keeping a few dead prostitutes on hand since locals were no longer able to afford the asking prices of the live ones.

In one such incident, a guy wandered in with a a handful of spare change and a couple of rumpled noted. The madam offered hum twenty minutes with a deceased pre=op trans women and after some initial reservation (and a good deal of assurances that suck conjugal hijinks were becoming quite popular nowadays), the guy eventually agreed to the transaction and went upstairs to stuff the stiff.

About twenty minutes later, he's re-emerged, zipping his fly. When asked, he claimed it to be far better than he'd anticipated, though he questioned if it really was a cadaver he had been porking, since the trannies nose had started running halfway through his visit.

"Oh, don't worry" said the madam, "she's probably full up again..."

DKG

Quote from: Guest post_id=499026 time=1682691060
One thing's for sure, it's totally screwing with their economy. I heard more than a few brothels were taking to keeping a few dead prostitutes on hand since locals were no longer able to afford the asking prices of the live ones.

In one such incident, a guy wandered in with a a handful of spare change and a couple of rumpled noted. The madam offered hum twenty minutes with a deceased pre=op trans women and after some initial reservation (and a good deal of assurances that suck conjugal hijinks were becoming quite popular nowadays), the guy eventually agreed to the transaction and went upstairs to stuff the stiff.

About twenty minutes later, he's re-emerged, zipping his fly. When asked, he claimed it to be far better than he'd anticipated, though he questioned if it really was a cadaver he had been porking, since the trannies nose had started running halfway through his visit.

From what I have read, it certainly hasn't hurt the president of Ukraine financially. I assume Hunter Biden isn't feeling their pain either.

Anonymous

Quote from: DKG post_id=499086 time=1682727950 user_id=3390
Quote from: Guest post_id=499026 time=1682691060

From what I have read, it certainly hasn't hurt the president of Ukraine financially. I assume Hunter Biden isn't feeling their pain either.

Of course not, they're a protected class of their own. As long as they don't upset Klaus Schwab or the military industrial complex they'll get to enjoy the sorts of perks that would have made Dorsey-era Twitter employees blush. Just keep the rest of us snarling at each other as they bend us over the applecart and sodomize us for their profit and amusement... isn't that the mandate?

Why yes... yes it is.

Herman

Quote from: Guest post_id=499095 time=1682729969
Quote from: DKG post_id=499086 time=1682727950 user_id=3390

Of course not, they're a protected class of their own. As long as they don't upset Klaus Schwab or the military industrial complex they'll get to enjoy the sorts of perks that would have made Dorsey-era Twitter employees blush. Just keep the rest of us snarling at each other as they bend us over the applecart and sodomize us for their profit and amusement... isn't that the mandate?

Why yes... yes it is.

You nailed it brother.

DKG

The Book Review thread appears to be missing, so I will post this here. I want to read How the West Brought War to Ukraine: Understanding How U.S. and NATO Policies Led to Crisis, War, and the Risk of Nuclear Catastrophe by  Benjamin Abelow.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview