Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 20, 2024, 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

A

Footloose

Started by Anonymous, April 12, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

Quote from: "Obvious Li"not sure why you would waste two hours watching this crap movie...a good movie has to have something blow up real good and there must be lots of blood and body parts scattered around to be any good....Think Generation Kill, Zero Dark 30 or saving Private Ryan...now those are worth watching......not some flashdance gayboy swayze wannabe.

I was 17 I think, I took my girlfriend to the movies, she was in love with Kevin Pig. You know how it is, I would have done anything at that point to get laid, even see Footloose

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
That is what I mean Keeper, it portrays Christians as extremists and anti fun.

Err No, Christian!! Not Christians, It was one person, and his judgement was misled for the simple fact his son died, did you not watch the movie in full? If anything this movie shows how he over come his fears and seen that NOT everyone is going to kill them self because they listen to music or dance. in the end they danced,laughed,had fun.

Sorry Fash you got the meaning of this movie all wrong.

No Keeper, I mean Christians..

The pastor is the face of the church and his actions reflect poorly on all Christians in our opinion.

I guess I still don't understand.

you do get its just a movie right? not real life? It could have been Barney Rubble acting as the Pastor

So, basically you are saying Christians arnt allowed to make mistakes and if they do... it reflects bad on the Church they go to... am I close?

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"not sure why you would waste two hours watching this crap movie...a good movie has to have something blow up real good and there must be lots of blood and body parts scattered around to be any good....Think Generation Kill, Zero Dark 30 or saving Private Ryan...now those are worth watching......not some flashdance gayboy swayze wannabe.

Thank you OL.

I never liked the movie (never even sat thru the entirety) because it was "shit", plain and simple.

Sorry I don't want to offend anyone but IMHO wasting your time watching it is bad enough but discussing it in terms of its storyline, meaning or religious connotations means you need a hobby......Bad.

About the only thing that turd of film is good for is joke material regarding how Kevin Bacon will do just about anything for money.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

I guess I need a hobby.... bad

keeper

man, excuse fucking me for asking a question.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I never liked the movie (never even sat thru the entirety) because it was "shit", plain and simple.

Sorry I don't want to offend anyone but IMHO wasting your time watching it is bad enough but discussing it in terms of its storyline, meaning or religious connotations means you need a hobby......Bad.

About the only thing that turd of film is good for is joke material regarding how Kevin Bacon will do just about anything for money.

[size=200]BULLSEYE!![/size]

RW

That movie was one of the only flicks I could stand Kevin Bacon in and it was solely because there was dancing involved.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Keeper, for what it's worth I appreciate you clarifying the storyline.  You've made some good points.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"That movie was one of the only flicks I could stand Kevin Bacon in and it was solely because there was dancing involved.

What was the name of that movie where he became invisible?

keeper

RW

My husband HATED that movie because he beat an animal (a dog I think).
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Hollow Man

That's it, thanx Keeps.

QuoteMy husband HATED that movie because he beat an animal (a dog I think).

I don't remember that part. I remember what a prick Kevin Bacon was in that movie. That and the transition to invisibility looked like a very painful one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Keeper, for what it's worth I appreciate you clarifying the storyline.  You've made some good points.

I hope nobody is upset that we didn't like Footloose?

:|

Romero

You're allowed to dislike Footloose! You're definitely not the only one.

I don't think many thought of it as anti-Christian though. Mainly that the preacher character needed a change of heart. I doubt anybody who saw the movie came away with the impression that Christians were bad people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"You're allowed to dislike Footloose! You're definitely not the only one.

I don't think many thought of it as anti-Christian though. Mainly that the preacher character needed a change of heart. I doubt anybody who saw the movie came away with the impression that Christians were bad people.

Maybe my husband and I are too sensitive.

:?