Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

A

Footloose

Started by Anonymous, April 12, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"Maybe my husband and I are too sensitive.

:?

You didn't like how it portrayed Christians and that's okay! I just wanted you to know that really nobody got a bad impression of Christians after seeing it. The plot of the movie was already pretty well far-fetched as it was.

The movie had a small town bias too, but nobody really thought that small towns were actually like that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Maybe my husband and I are too sensitive.

:?

You didn't like how it portrayed Christians and that's okay! I just wanted you to know that really nobody got a bad impression of Christians after seeing it. The plot of the movie was already pretty well far-fetched as it was.

The movie had a small town bias too, but nobody really thought that small towns were actually like that.

You raise a good point Reomero..

Putting aside my personal feelings, the plot was silly.

Anonymous

Jeezuz, I can't believe you guys are still talking about that stupid fucking movie from the 80's? It was hardly The Godfather or Lawrence of Arabia people. If you want to start a movie thread, can we at least talk about movies that are actually worth a couple of hours? :roll:

Romero

Tremors? That was a classic.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Tremors? That was a classic.

I Googled it and discovered Tremors received seven rotten tomatoes out of a possible ten.

Renee

Another example of how Kevin Bacon will never pass on a script no matter how crappy it may be.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Another example of how Kevin Bacon will never pass on a script no matter how crappy it may be.

The problem with taking on shit movies like that is you are won't considered for the big payday jobs. However, I doubt that anyone is considering Kevin Bacon for a major starring role.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

The problem with taking on shit movies like that is you are won't considered for the big payday jobs. However, I doubt that anyone is considering Kevin Bacon for a major starring role.

Not so fast Shen, he was in more than a few decent movies; Apollo 13, Sleepers, A few Good Men and Mystic River to name a few.

He is a weird actor because he obviously has talent and gets some decent parts but he also does a crap load of schlock films as well.  He is also noted for doing bizarre cameo appearance as well. The guy must work non-stop but not all of it is good.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Not so fast Shen, he was in more than a few decent movies; Apollo 13, Sleepers, A few Good Men and Mystic River to name a few.

He is a weird actor because he obviously has talent and gets some decent parts but he also does a crap load of schlock films as well.  He is also noted for doing bizarre cameo appearance as well. The guy must work non-stop but not all of it is good.

How does an actor brand themselves when they keep accepting roles in crap movies? Unless I was desparate for a paycheque I would give them a wide berth.

Renee

How does an actor brand themselves when they keep accepting roles in crap movies? Unless I was desparate for a paycheque I would give them a wide berth.

Maybe he has a lot of expenses or maybe he just loves the work.

Kevin Bacon could simply be one of those people who could care less about his rep as an actor and simply wants to perform for its own sake. Throughout the history of Hollywood there has been tons of actors just like that but most of them never became household names. Kevin Bacon is kind of unique in that respect so I guess he has branded himself pretty well.

Anonymous

Maybe he has a lot of expenses or maybe he just loves the work.

Kevin Bacon could simply be one of those people who could care less about his rep as an actor and simply wants to perform for its own sake. Throughout the history of Hollywood there has been tons of actors just like that but most of them never became household names. Kevin Bacon is kind of unique in that respect so I guess he has branded himself pretty well.

I am guessing he has a lot of expenses. I couldn't imagine say Nicolas Cage taking on some on second rate roles once he hit paydirt.

Anonymous

I liked Kevin Bacon in Mystic River and The Woodsman.

Anonymous

There's a lot of good movies I have never seen.

:|

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"There's a lot of good movies I have never seen.

:|

then i am going to give you one you must see.....THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION......one of my top 5 of all time