The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Politics/Religion Consolidated Megathread Extravaganza

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=501761 time=1685055239 user_id=3374
I strongly prefer DeSantis over Trump because DeSantis can get the centrists and so win the election where as Trump cannot.  BTW Republicans still haven't got an organization to harvest ballots like the Democraps did in 2020.  Elections changed in 2020 with legalize ballot harvesting and universal mail in voting so which ever side does better at ballot harvesting will win.  Democraps know that dirty trick is how they plan to win every election going forward.

I also believe DeSantis has a better chance of winning a general election. And I also agree the GOP had best pull their heads out of their asses and learn to cheat like the democRATs do,

Lokmar

DeSantis is already being portrayed as even more hateful than Trump and even more homophobic than Trump. I called it first!

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=501773 time=1685061474 user_id=3351
DeSantis is already being portrayed as even more hateful than Trump and even more homophobic than Trump. I called it first!

That will happen to any GOP leader. But, DeSantis can prog bullshit better.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Which centrists are we talking about here? Has the Overton Window gone so far to the left that you are considering MAGA far right now?

I'd still regard the MAGA crowd as centrists and more than a few of them have expressly stated they will not be voting republican if his is the name on the ticket. I would be one of them. I like the guy, but do not agree with his recent announcement regarding tax reform as well as the previously discussed undermining of the first amendment.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Oerdin

Please explain what you imagine to be a first amendment violation.  It would also be nice if you could detail what DeSantis supposedly said about taxes.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=501794 time=1685073510 user_id=3374
Please explain what you imagine to be a first amendment violation.

Simple. Any law the government makes designed to limit or otherwise curtail the provisions laid out within the first amendment.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/269/BillText/er/PDF">https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2 ... ext/er/PDF">https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/269/BillText/er/PDF

The bill Ron Desantis signed in Jerusalem. Give it a quick goosey and get back to me if you like, though I doubt you'll need to. If anything you express can be complained about as "offensive" or argued as a "credible threat" and prosecuted as a "hate crime"... I'd call that undermining the first amendment.

"Eeeeeeee, my fee-fees are hurties... lock him away"

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=501794 time=1685073510 user_id=3374
It would also be nice if you could detail what DeSantis supposedly said about taxes.

He wants to scrap the federal income tax in favour of a national sales tax, effectively increasing the price of goods and services overnight at a time when people are already struggling. It's going to upend the US economy entirely, particularly if you are poor or working class, if you run a small business or are a freelancer. It also has the capacity to negatively impact the middle class. All these groups to varying degrees will suffer in the short term under this proposal, not seeing a rebate on their taxes for at least until the end of the fiscal year.

Of course this means they will spend less than they already are, further exacerbating an already sluggish economy. Prices on goods and services will rise further, the only people who will be able to weather it will be the larger businesses and upper class. Oh, and expats who are presently paying taxes on their overseas earnings while not actually buying anything that DeSantis' plan taxes. Everyone else will have their backs to the wall. Small businesses will go under, the middle class may even evaporate entirely. And with it makes the deficit grow

It's a bad idea and something that runs the risk of bankrupting a large sector of the country and increasing the defitic thereby when the inevitable spending collapse occurs. Much better to lower all the tax brackets and keep business taxes low. And while tax write-offs are a nice thing, looking at ways of reducing prices to drive a spending boom after four years of Bidenomics would be a surer bet to getting the country and its people back on its feet.

A veteran businessman understands this, that's why I favour Trump's hand on the till to DeSantis'.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

DKG

The best indicator of what a candidate will do in the future is look at what they have done already. In Florida, igned the largest tax relief plan in Florida's history, providing Florida families with $2.7 billion in tax relief during the 2023–2024 fiscal year. The tax relief package includes a permanent exemption for baby and toddler necessities such as strollers, cribs, diapers, and baby wipes. Additionally, the tax relief package includes two back-to-school sales tax holidays lasting 14 days each, two disaster preparedness sales tax holidays lasting 14 days each, and a freedom summer sales tax holiday on recreational items and children's toys that will last from Memorial Day to Labor Day. More on today's announcement can be found here.

DKG

As for potential first amendment violations, that seems to be a stretch made by organizations like Vox. With HB 269, DeSantis has made Florida a leader on protecting religious liberty. That scares the intolerant left.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG post_id=501835 time=1685095761 user_id=3390
The best indicator of what a candidate will do in the future is look at what they have done already.

If it were just that, then it's more or less even stevens, as Trump provided a number of tax breaks across his first term, notably for small business, but in other areas as well. We might also consider his track record on building up the oil reserves, greenlighting the Keystone pipeline development and turning the US into a net energy exporter. Low gas prices, effectively keeping the price of goods and services which relied on same low as well.

I can observe past accomplishments and find in favour of both candidates. When I look to their future plans, I see one that is doomed to failure. I have chosen accordingly.

Quote from: DKG post_id=501837 time=1685096017 user_id=3390
As for potential first amendment violations, that seems to be a stretch made by organizations like Vox. With HB 269, DeSantis has made Florida a leader on protecting religious liberty. That scares the intolerant left.

It should scare you as well. You might not give a rats about the whittling away of constitutional rights, I wonder how you would feel when one of the countless muslim refugees shipped in under Biden successfully locks up a christian priest for offending the muslim faith.

If the best indicator of what a candidate will do in the future is look at what they have done already, then I might look at DeSantis signing such a bill... in Jerusalem of all places... as being an indicator that I wouldn't want him as a president in 2028, let alone 2024.

- Biggie Smiles

Oerdin

Target declares they still support and will continue to a group called GLSEN which promotes indoctrinating children as young as possible into transexual fetishism without informing parents.  Hopefully the  boycott continues until Target renounces their support for child abuse, the grooming of children, and attacking parental rights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/target-partners-org-pushing-kids-genders-secretly-changed-schools-without-parental-consent.amp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... onsent.amp">https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/target-partners-org-pushing-kids-genders-secretly-changed-schools-without-parental-consent.amp

Oerdin

Republicans are set to lose again unless something changes even with brain dead Biden on the ticket.  Trump needs to go if the GOP is going to win.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/05/25/a_lot_has_to_change_quickly_for_republicans_to_have_a_chance_in_2024_149271.html">https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 49271.html">https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2023/05/25/a_lot_has_to_change_quickly_for_republicans_to_have_a_chance_in_2024_149271.html

Lokmar

I'll take 4 more years of biden before I turn my back on Trump.

Frood

DeSantis has been noted having met with Murdoch at his Californian ranch and allegedly told that Fox News would back him.

That's all you need to know about the prick DeSantis.
Blahhhhhh...

Lokmar

Quote from: Frood post_id=501860 time=1685119043 user_id=1676
DeSantis has been noted having met with Murdoch at his Californian ranch and allegedly told that Fox News would back him.

That's all you need to know about the prick DeSantis.

Yea, thats a bad look. However, I see it as DeSantis accepting help from people who dont necessarily have his best interest at heart. Its reflects poorly on his judgment if true. At the same time, he has to find a way to get traction against Trump because he's so far behind. He probably believes he doesnt have a choice but to take all the support he can get no matter how dubious.