Replies: 8527
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:52:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

For fucks sake!

Started by Erica Mena, December 05, 2022, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

I let this man take away Halloween, for the sake of argument. Now he wants Santa gone.

It may sound petty, but I'm getting REAL tired of it. Just sayin
<t></t>

Dove

Lmao!

So this is what we do. This might help

We dont teach Santa like.....a magic fat guy that brings gifts BUT we do tell the story and that it's based on a Catholic saint who took money to the poor to honor Jesus....and who is known for punching heretics lol.

So we DO involve Santa, but not in the way were we are lying to our daughter or taking the focus off of God ...who this holiday is about.

Now....if he starts freaking about Yule and talking about pagans and how Christmas trees are idols? CALL ME. I have solid and biblical rebuttals, as well as a bunch of pagan AND church history to handle that.  ac_drinks
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Erica Mena

Now he's watching YT's on why not to celebrate Christmas.

Can't we just be normal ffs?!
<t></t>

Dove

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=486331 time=1670297838 user_id=2845

Jeff Durbin has some videos addressing all of that.

Odinson

I like Christmas.

I was thinking of getting a Christmas turkey this time.

We usually eat Christmas ham.

Americans eat turkey and it does look tasty in the movies.

Frood

Tell him there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

Don't confuse those two. They seldom line up.
Blahhhhhh...

Erica Mena

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=486355 time=1670303034 user_id=1676

Tell him there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

Don't confuse those two. They seldom line up.

I can't tell him shit. He don't listen
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

What's his beef with Christmas? The fact that Jesus was actually born some time in Sept or the fact that Christmas has it's roots in Paganism?

Or both?

Erica Mena

The last one. He says it's about Jesus, not the other stuff
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

He becoming a Jehovah's Witness?

Blazor

There is a lot of controversy surrounding Thanksgiving too, yet he was willing to stuff his face wasnt he lol?

You should get a list of Holidays he approves of, and why. Same with the ones he dont approve of, and why. Its not fair on you or your family if he wants to have his own beliefs, and no one else is allowed theirs.

Here is my opinion on Christmas..... I hate it hahaha. When I use to go to church, I knew "we celebrate Jesus birthday on Christmas". But then later in life I found out, that his birthday was in September or some shit like Biggie said. Then found out it was a Pagan holiday. So to me, especially in the past couple decades, it has become super commercialized, getting worse and worse every year. I dont even like the whole gift giving thing. I usually try and get my Son a gift, but all the other youngins are grown, and dont reach out, so I dont feel obliged. Plus most my folks dead anyway.

I do like family and friends getting together, to eat and talk, but thats it. And we do that on Thanksgiving haha. So I favor Thanksgiving more than Christmas these days. If it was up to me, I'd pig out and enjoy Thanksgiving, then hibernate like a bear til St. Patrick's day hahahaha. Maybe wake me up for New Years, and then I'll go back to bed lol.

Here is a fun fact, TRUE Southerners dont like to celebrate Independence Day. Because the Yankees took away our Independence. States had more power than government back in the day.

As far as the Pagans, they get a bad wrap. I see a lot of good. Of course it all depends on the person, because you cant just lump Paganism under one umbrella, its not like that. I dont like the fact that the Crusaders tried wiping out the Pagans. A lot of Pagans were simply spiritual, and loved nature.

Anyway, thats my coffee post of the day lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Y'all should celebrate, in honor of all the Pagans that died because of Christians hahahaha.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Dove

Quote from: Blazor post_id=486412 time=1670346264 user_id=2221
There is a lot of controversy surrounding Thanksgiving too, yet he was willing to stuff his face wasnt he lol?

You should get a list of Holidays he approves of, and why. Same with the ones he dont approve of, and why. Its not fair on you or your family if he wants to have his own beliefs, and no one else is allowed theirs.

Here is my opinion on Christmas..... I hate it hahaha. When I use to go to church, I knew "we celebrate Jesus birthday on Christmas". But then later in life I found out, that his birthday was in September or some shit like Biggie said. Then found out it was a Pagan holiday. So to me, especially in the past couple decades, it has become super commercialized, getting worse and worse every year. I dont even like the whole gift giving thing. I usually try and get my Son a gift, but all the other youngins are grown, and dont reach out, so I dont feel obliged. Plus most my folks dead anyway.

I do like family and friends getting together, to eat and talk, but thats it. And we do that on Thanksgiving haha. So I favor Thanksgiving more than Christmas these days. If it was up to me, I'd pig out and enjoy Thanksgiving, then hibernate like a bear til St. Patrick's day hahahaha. Maybe wake me up for New Years, and then I'll go back to bed lol.

Here is a fun fact, TRUE Southerners dont like to celebrate Independence Day. Because the Yankees took away our Independence. States had more power than government back in the day.

As far as the Pagans, they get a bad wrap. I see a lot of good. Of course it all depends on the person, because you cant just lump Paganism under one umbrella, its not like that. I dont like the fact that the Crusaders tried wiping out the Pagans. A lot of Pagans were simply spiritual, and loved nature.

Dude pagans were killing people in rituals and human sacrifices

Dont believe the "we just love nature" propaganda

Dove

https://i.ibb.co/W2V9wxc/FB-IMG-1670071009583.jpg">

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Dove post_id=486420 time=1670347873 user_id=3266
Quote from: Blazor post_id=486412 time=1670346264 user_id=2221

Dude pagans were killing people in rituals and human sacrifices

Dont believe the "we just love nature" propaganda

Let us not forget they wore the skins of their conquered enemies for weeks after their brutal murders

but, omg omg omg we stole their land!!!!!

Yeah, we did. And turned it into a world class superpower that enables these vermin self righteous scum to enjoy considerable wealth for bringing no value to society whatsoever and to pontificate to the rest of us about how evil we all are.

*spits -- rodents