Replies: 8411
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:38:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

People not acting their “culture”

Started by Erica Mena, December 15, 2022, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

Does it irk you to see people act out of their race? Like seeing whites act black or Mexicans act black?
<t></t>

Dove

It bothers me to see people act what is called "acting black".   You are talking about hood culture right?

Hood culture bothers me. It bothers me to see whites and Hispanics act hood....and it bothers me seeing black people act hood. And when they beat down black people who act "white" that pisses me off.

This is how I see it. There is normal American culture. And then there is hood culture.  And I cant stand hood culture.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Erica Mena

I act a little hood, but I am from the hood.

I laugh at people who have never stepped foot in the hood, try and talk and act hood. I cringe for them, tbh
<t></t>

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=487938 time=1671146229 user_id=3382
It bothers me to see people.  Yes.

Especially if they're pretending to be something they are not.
<t></t>

Blazor

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=487940 time=1671146506 user_id=2845

I laugh at people who have never stepped foot in the hood, try and talk and act hood. I cringe for them, tbh

Lol same my sista'!

Most the time I act like who I am around, because I've been around all types. But if Im around hood folk, my accent from the hood I grew up in comes back lol. Not all the time, it all depends. My Southern shines through the most, especially when I drink, and around other Southerners lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Popeyes runs out of chicken.

Odi: Oh... I´ll come back another time then.

Erika:

*shoots up the place.

Erica Mena

Lol Odi.

I can't stand watching people try to act ghetto when they're not.
<t></t>

Herman

As long as you don't act White redneck, I don't care.

Dove

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487945 time=1671147030 user_id=2221

Lol same my sista'!

Most the time I act like who I am around, because I've been around all types. But if Im around hood folk, my accent from the hood I grew up in comes back lol. Not all the time, it all depends. My Southern shines through the most, especially when I drink, and around other Southerners lol.

Not me.  

My grandma once slapped me right across the mouth because I was talking "hood".

She told me that it's okay to be poor, but not okay to sound ignorant and not okay to be dirty(messing house, messy clothes....dressing slutty).

She made me go to a private school and got my tuition paid for via some program. She was really on me about that sort of thing....the way I spoke, dressed, et.

I only really talk to a few of my old childhood friends. A couple black women who moved and resisted going full ghetto....a gay white man...and a white woman who married a black guy who is a total loser and abusive. She talks very hood and I hate it.

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=488003 time=1671152434 user_id=3266

Lol same my sista'!

Not me.  

She told me that it's okay to be poor, but not okay to sound ignorant and not okay to be dirty(messing house, messy clothes....dressing slutty).

She made me go to a private school and got my tuition paid for via some program. She was really on me about that sort of thing....the way I spoke, dressed, et.

I only really talk to a few of my old childhood friends. A couple black women who moved and resisted going full ghetto....a gay white man...and a white woman who married a black guy who is a total loser and abusive. She talks very hood and I hate it.

Lol, my Mom loved Motown music, and we lived around lots of Blacks, so a lot were our friends. You didnt wanna make my Mom mad, cause when she got mad, her "Soul Sista" came out  :laugh:

Other than that, I was raised to be real clean too.

weebles

Lol same my sista'!

LOL Blazor that reminds of this scenes from the Departed. ac_drinks

">

Blazor

Quote from: weebles post_id=488006 time=1671153948 user_id=2191

LOL Blazor that reminds of this scenes from the Departed. ac_drinks

I've wanted to see that movie lol.

Dove

Quote from: Blazor post_id=488005 time=1671153816 user_id=2221
Quote from: Dove post_id=488003 time=1671152434 user_id=3266

Not me.  

Lol, my Mom loved Motown music, and we lived around lots of Blacks, so a lot were our friends. You didnt wanna make my Mom mad, cause when she got mad, her "Soul Sista" came out  :laugh:

Other than that, I was raised to be real clean too.

My grandmother loved Motown. She was a Detroit native :D

She still had no tolerance for hood speak. She wanted us well read and well spoken. The older way of speaking...like our parents generation, "hood speak" was different. It changed when rap became popular.  At least it did here in Michigan.

And yeah the clean thing.....she was really intense about that. Not like abusive neat freak at all....but I was taught to be clean and tidy.

I can tell when a white person who is NOT from the hood tries to sound hood...and it's so cringey. Beckisha lol