The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

An essay on progressive education.....

Started by Obvious Li, May 01, 2014, 11:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

ghost

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Romero"It's not perfect, but it's not full of "feminazis" who "enjoy seeing boys fail". Most teachers do a great job and care for their students very much.

I have no exposure to the public school system, but I feel curriculum problems have little to do with teachers.

I have friends who are teachers. They are all very much against it.

RW

There's a lot of whacked curriculum requirements out there.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"There's a lot of whacked curriculum requirements out there.

Hey, is there much variance between the different school boards? How much autonomy do local school boards have when it comes to curriculum?

RW

The Ministry sets prescribed learning outcomes (PLOs) that are province wide.  There is some flexibility in how those outcomes are met and boards can develop local curriculum so long as it meets the PLOs.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"The Ministry sets prescribed learning outcomes (PLOs) that are province wide.  There is some flexibility in how those outcomes are met but there are a lot of them.

That's how I thought it worked. Province sets guidelines and some room for they can meet them.

RW

Sorry, I edited.  But yeah, pretty much.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gary Oak

Quote from: "ghost"
Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "ghost"

No. Just seeing the posts here shows that all sorts of weirdos believe all sorts of things.

You do realise ghost that he's not the first person to made such observations or identify this systemic problem right?

GAH!  I'm doing it again :(

Arguing where there's no argument? Yes, you are doing it again.

I never said I don't agree with the message that children's education is crap. In fact, I believe today's system is dangerously ridiculous. And there are no shortage of teachers who agree with me. It's not the teachers making these policies.

What I don't like is the blaming of women. Comments like feminists deliberately trying to keep boys down, women resenting men's strength, men are better/women are bitter, crap that comes out of this article.

Why are so many feminists 400 pounders. ;)  :lol:  8-)

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "Real Woman"I have been in a school lately.  In fact, I was in one yesterday and the day before that, and the day before that.

Have YOU been in a school lately?

I have not but you have. So we both know they're not overrun by feminazis!

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I have been in a school lately.  In fact, I was in one yesterday and the day before that, and the day before that.

Teachers don't develop learning outcomes so moot point.  Speaking of feminazis, have you checked government lately?  :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Teachers don't develop learning outcomes so moot point.  Speaking of feminazis, have you checked government lately?  :)

It's the same at my children's school.

Anonymous

Our feminazi in Alberta resigned.