Last post: Today at 12:52:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

My Ozempic pen came in the mail

Started by Erica Mena, February 07, 2023, 06:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493928 time=1676069820 user_id=2845
Quote from: Guest post_id=493917 time=1676062720

Good luck. Strongly suggest you find the recommended daily caloric intake for someone your age, weight and build and consume no less than eighty percent of that while you are on this. I'm not a doctor of course, but that's how I'd be approaching this if I were in your shoes.

It's a hazardous thing you do and I don't need to flash you images of Eugenia Cooney to emphasize the potential risks. Take care of yourself... for you.

I've cut out sugar and carbs. Forced myself to eat an avocado and cherry tomatoes right now. Gonna make a low carb chicken salad for dinner.

I was telling Bonesaw yesterday that I think I have body dysmorphia.

You might, it's a fairly common complaint among women. Most work their way through it day to day without serious complication though; as unpleasant as it might be for them to look in the mirror at times, you can fight it off cognitively... at least hold it at bay.

Try to recognise when you're simply attempting to live up to other expectations and think more of your requirements. If you've got a bit of a tum, make sure of the reasons why you want it gone. Remember, you are a mother and you are middle aged. A bit of spread is natural and in a lot of cases can be managed with exercise and a healthy diet. The big trap comes from starving yourself for lengthy periods; your body's metabolism will slow down and you will have to work even harder to avoid piling on the pounds as a result when your appetite returns.

Above everything else, you should remember you aren't as young as you once were. Getting eyed off for your figure by horny men is going to get harder and harder to come by, but you can still be beautiful. Self confidence is key and you have a lot to be proud of. You get that going for you, much of everything else that ails you will start to fall into place.

Be strong. acc_hugz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493933 time=1676071646 user_id=2845
Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=493932 time=1676070938 user_id=3381

No one should be that skinny... at least not while they're still breathing.

I just want a washboard stomach  :sad:

Well, that's exercise.... stomach crunches and shit. I imagine Biggie could coach you better on that.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Guest post_id=493935 time=1676072557
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493933 time=1676071646 user_id=2845
I just want a washboard stomach  :sad:

Well, that's exercise.... stomach crunches and shit. I imagine Biggie could coach you better on that.

Exactly.

Visible abs aren't just a lack of "padding"... those are well-developed muscles and you only get those with exercise.

cw_

It's true.  Washboard abs cannot be bought.  
">

Also, what does your doctor say about all of this?

caskur

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493606 time=1675813350 user_id=2845
Now I'm scared. I hate shots lol

They don't hurt... and you should have got it from a pharmacy... the pen should be refrigerated.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493886 time=1676037834 user_id=2845
Day 2. I feel full and I have not eaten anything.

Yep and two mouthfuls of food is all you can handle...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Erica Mena

Quote from: caskur post_id=493947 time=1676080603 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493606 time=1675813350 user_id=2845
Now I'm scared. I hate shots lol

They don't hurt... and you should have got it from a pharmacy... the pen should be refrigerated.

I did get it from the pharmacy. Yes, it's in the fridge

I watched tons of YT's to make sure I injected properly. It was easy and painless
<t></t>

Shen Li

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493950 time=1676081938 user_id=2845
Quote from: caskur post_id=493947 time=1676080603 user_id=2156

I did get it from the pharmacy. Yes, it's in the fridge

I watched tons of YT's to make sure I injected properly. It was easy and painless

I couldn't do what ur doing. Food is a big part of our culture.

Erica Mena

Cathy, when does the nausea go away?
<t></t>

caskur

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493957 time=1676086399 user_id=2845

It doesn't... did you give yourself the smallest amount? 25 mgs?
- Andy Warhol

caskur

In the old days you could take a medication called tenuate dospan (sp?)

Not only did they speed you up, they suppressed appetite however this  new medicine just causes you always stay continually bloated.
- Andy Warhol

Erica Mena

Quote from: caskur post_id=493959 time=1676122005 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493957 time=1676086399 user_id=2845

It doesn't... did you give yourself the smallest amount? 25 mgs?

Yes. It definitely suppressed the appetite but this nausea is a bitch.
<t></t>

cw_

It seems likely that any weight you lose will come back as soon as you stop taking this medication.  This is an exercise in futility.  Have you considered buying an exercise bike, or taking up pickle ball or swimming, and eating a diet high in protein and veges instead?   Burning more calories than you consume is the key to weight loss.

Anonymous

Cw is 100% right.  There are lots of articles about rebound weight gain when stopping Ozempic.  Watch your calories and avoid carbs.  It's more sustainable.

Also, a lot of women experience body issues.  Maybe seek therapy.

Herman

Quote from: cw_ post_id=493966 time=1676140412 user_id=3226
It seems likely that any weight you lose will come back as soon as you stop taking this medication.  This is an exercise in futility.  Have you considered buying an exercise bike, or taking up pickle ball or swimming, and eating a diet high in protein and veges instead?   Burning more calories than you consume is the key to weight loss.

I did not want to say too much about this. It is a personal choice. Folks will do what they will do. But, I agree with you about burning more calories than ya consume. Eight years ago I lost fifty pounds when I cut out ninety percent of the amount of bread I eat. That aint easy for a Uke.

The rest was easy. I always have lots of physical work to do. And anything sweet makes me sick.