Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

My Ozempic pen came in the mail

Started by Erica Mena, February 07, 2023, 06:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Quote from: cw_ post_id=493966 time=1676140412 user_id=3226
It seems likely that any weight you lose will come back as soon as you stop taking this medication.  This is an exercise in futility.  Have you considered buying an exercise bike, or taking up pickle ball or swimming, and eating a diet high in protein and veges instead?   Burning more calories than you consume is the key to weight loss.

I did not want to say too much about this. It is a personal choice. Folks will do what they will do. But, I agree with you about burning more calories than ya consume. Eight years ago I lost fifty pounds when I cut out ninety percent of the amount of bread I eat. That aint easy for a Uke.

The rest was easy. I always have lots of physical work to do. And anything sweet makes me sick.

Erica Mena

Quote from: cw_ post_id=493966 time=1676140412 user_id=3226
It seems likely that any weight you lose will come back as soon as you stop taking this medication.  This is an exercise in futility.  Have you considered buying an exercise bike, or taking up pickle ball or swimming, and eating a diet high in protein and veges instead?   Burning more calories than you consume is the key to weight loss.

You guys are right, ok?  I came to this realization today
<t></t>

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=493967 time=1676144489 user_id=3382
Cw is 100% right.  There are lots of articles about rebound weight gain when stopping Ozempic.  Watch your calories and avoid carbs.  It's more sustainable.

Also, a lot of women experience body issues.  Maybe seek therapy.

I've been in therapy for years. My doc already told I'm batshit lol
<t></t>

cw_

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493979 time=1676162780 user_id=2845

Good.

I wasn't trying to be right.  I was trying to be helpful.

Erica Mena

Quote from: cw_ post_id=493981 time=1676165345 user_id=3226
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493979 time=1676162780 user_id=2845

Good.

I wasn't trying to be right.  I was trying to be helpful.

I'm being vain and I need to stop. I'm a 45 year old grandma ffs

I'll lose weight if I eat right and exercise, but like a tonta, I wanted to cheat and do it fast.
<t></t>

Berry Sweet

Don't diet, make it a lifestyle change.  

80% diet...20% exercise.  You're the same age as me.  You have no choice but to eat healthy if you want to stay slim.  You're gonna have to give up alcohol and fried foods.  

I quit drinking 4 years ago...I lost 60 pounds in 6 months...I kinda bounced back to my before body...I eat a lot of fruit and don't eat junk, you get use to it after a while...get a fit bit and give yourself a daily goal....go for walks...do exercises at home...buy some weights and lift them here and there thru out the day.. keep moving!!!  No more tequila and chimichangas.

caskur

Flea, because of your age, you'll gain weight so just try and stick with high protein meals...3x a day... if you under-eat it's just as bad as over-eating... don't drink your calories...

Under-eating causes your body to store.

Berry Sweet is correct about weight/diet being 80%...

I lost lots of weight eating really well, walking on a tready... and making my own sweets using splendid and eating diabetic biscuits and lollies..  

Basically the only food I cut out was cane sugar and cheese.

Walking is the best for burning off sugar and circulation...and that is important.

Also never AVOID carbs... you can initially BUT you can't do that forever plus it isn't really healthy.

I learned though a really good carb was lentils..   lentils take ages to breakdown and that is good for diabetics..   even though people aren't diabetic they will still benefit from a diabetics diet...that's diabetes 2.... not diabetes 1.

So make lentil soup...it fills you up and slims you down.... perfect for winter.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Erica Mena

Lentils? Imma look for some recipes

I'm getting in 30 minutes a day of walking now.
<t></t>

caskur

Lentils, veggies, pasta sauce and smokey bacon....

It's  like Minestrone (soup)
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=494008 time=1676223421 user_id=2845
Lentils? Imma look for some recipes

I'm getting in 30 minutes a day of walking now.

Get green lentils....green lentils have husks.... red or yellow don't but they still taste great.

https://www.recipetineats.com/lentil-soup/">https://www.recipetineats.com/lentil-soup/
- Andy Warhol

Berry Sweet

Lentil soup is great, very filling...in Greek we cal it Fakes.  I put vinegar in mine.

Odinson

Pea-soup is pretty great...

With bacon and mustard.

Finnish superfood.

Herman

Quote from: Odinson post_id=494020 time=1676248835 user_id=136
Pea-soup is pretty great...

With bacon and mustard.

Finnish superfood.

Quebeckers like their thick pea soup. They put ham in it.

weebles

The fact that you are un-happy makes me happy and you choose this thanx's...Now imagine 36,000 people dyeing under Xi's CCP everyday

">

Erica Mena

Quote from: weebles post_id=494024 time=1676257503 user_id=2191
The fact that you are un-happy makes me happy and you choose this thanx's...Now imagine 36,000 people dyeing under Xi's CCP everyday

">

Who is unhappy?

If the thought of someone being unhappy pleases you, I'd say you're pretty miserable yourself.
<t></t>