Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

15 Minute Cities

Started by Shen Li, March 07, 2023, 06:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

ok. I have to sleep. I pulled an all nighter, now I am leaving out words. I am way passed exhaustion.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Shen Li

Quote from: caskur post_id=495777 time=1678936415 user_id=2156
ok. I have to sleep. I pulled an all nighter, now I am leaving out words. I am way passed exhaustion.

Then you should definitely go to bed right now.

DKG

I wonder how the city of Oxford sold this to their residents before they went full fascist.

Lokmar

There is absolutely NOTHING that disarmed masses can do about this shit. Just look at the aussies, they're fucked. Their jackbooted government treated them like slaves all COVID long and there wasnt shit they could do about it. In the end, COVID lockdowns did jack and shit for em. Now we all know the masks, lockdowns, jabs, everything, was completely useless.....but they sure did prove that they could treat their people like cattle.

Blazor

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=495796 time=1678979499 user_id=3351
There is absolutely NOTHING that disarmed masses can do about this shit. Just look at the aussies, they're fucked. Their jackbooted government treated them like slaves all COVID long and there wasnt shit they could do about it. In the end, COVID lockdowns did jack and shit for em. Now we all know the masks, lockdowns, jabs, everything, was completely useless.....but they sure did prove that they could treat their people like cattle.

I aint no sheep, Im the fuckin' Shepard!!!

Fuck, I been talkin' all this shit for a long time. I know my shit. About all this Globohomo bullshit.

This lady knows her stuff. She been into this as long as I have, if not less than me lol. She talks about what these 15 minute cities are about in a city council meeting. Its all about control.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/soBxognt7VN9/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/soBxognt7VN9/
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Herman

I have been reading more about fifteen minute cities. Any city in Canada that implements fifteen minute city plans will do it in stages. They now if they go full Oxford right away, there will be some big protests.

Thiel

I saw a Sky News blurb about what Oxfordshire did. I do not understand how anyone could accept their municipal government taking away their freedom.
gay, conservative and proud

Shen Li

A writer I like wrote a rainbows and unicorns editorial about 15 minute cities. The problem with his roasy view of 15 minute cities is that Oxfordshire has quotas for people who venture outside their zones. After so many trips, fines are omposed.

QuoteSome have been tempted to link the idea of a 15-minute city to an old standby outrage factory: the war on cars.

But in reality, it's more about creating new communities and slowly retrofitting older ones so that it's not mandatory to get into a motor vehicle for every single trip, no matter how short.

As the saying goes, we should be using the right tools for the right job.

For those of us who can physically make full use of our feet, they're the best transportation tool, conveniently attached to our bodies and ready to hit the road/sidewalk/path/trail any time.

There are enough real-life injustices in our world worthy of our collective anger.

There's no need to run (or drive) around to conjure up fake ones.

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnists/leong-15-minute-city-conspiracy-debunked">https://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnis ... y-debunked">https://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnists/leong-15-minute-city-conspiracy-debunked

Anonymous

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=495796 time=1678979499 user_id=3351

More like sheep actually. A lot of them are still wearing their cherished chin diapers and bleating for a resumption of the mask and vaccine mandates. Emperor's New Clothes on steroids basically.

Most Australians are stupid, it comes from being a welfare state I'm convinced. You wait; a fifteen minute city is being rolled out in Unley (a suburb of Adelaide, South Australia) at the moment. I'm willing to bet that eventually enough Aussies will accept the glowing MSM reports of how well it's worked out and get to bleating indignantly should anyone gainsay any of it.

They should probably change the opening line of their national anthem to "Australians all let us rejoice for we are all nannied"... truth in advertising you know.