The best topic

Replies: 10472
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 27, 2024, 06:55:02 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

DIVORCE

Started by caskur, April 13, 2023, 09:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=498702 time=1682310308 user_id=164
Sadly, he has issues.  She has an older daughter who is doing great...but this one is something else.  I know a few others who I don't want to talk to anymore because of their kids behaviour..its not the parents fault...these are people with multiple kids...all of them are good except the one.

Once a kid turns 18, they ahe out and the system abandons them.  There is help, but it's hard to access.  There are waiting lists everywhere that can take years before you get help with anything.

There are too many people and not enough workers/people to help...there ate shortages everywhere...and now the CRA is on strike, which will do nothing but slow everything down even more.

It sounds like her son is a candidate for disability...this is a difficult area tho and wait lists are extreme....with all of his problems and refusal to help himself...it will take years to achieve anything for this kid.  It's extremely difficult to get on disability today...its quite the process...they don't just approve anyone, it's pretty strict.

Any housing that becomes available, instead of existing Canadian citizens in need or our younger generation who are struggling...it goes to refugees and immigrants...it makes no sense.

If he can get on disability, all the better I suppose.  I don't think it's that difficult...  I know a fairly normal dude that somehow got on it.

And that's why I mentioned he should start sooner rather than later, because here's what will happen if he doesn't:  End up homeless.  Get 'regular' welfare cheque that pays no more than $375/month for rent.  Find that nobody rents anything for $375/month.  End up in a homeless shelter with the absolute dregs of society.  Get addicted to drugs with the dregs.  Die.

There was a time when a regular welfare cheque would get you some shithole apartment, but those days are done for a variety of reasons, including our government bringing in over one million immigrants every year into infrastructure that is not even remotely designed to handle that number, as you mentioned...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: caskur post_id=497607 time=1681392334 user_id=2156
Some of you here have been divorced. I was wondering how you achieved it? WHAT steps did you take to walk out?

Did you just pack up and temporarily move to a friend's place, your parents, a cheap hotel...?

What did you do the first day you left?

I am seeing a LOT of vans atm with obvious homeless people... something I have never seen before.

You must seriously consider your actions here before walking out on a 39 year marriage.  Unless he's slapping you around, fucking other women, or engaging in some sort of extremely degenerate behaviour, I think that many problems can be worked out if some effort is put in.

And that effort is required by both parties.  And herein lies the problem.  Very rarely are marriage problems the sole fault of just one partner, but it is simply just easier to blame one another instead of both putting in any effort to fix things.

That being said, to answer your question, my ex just left and stayed with a coworker acquaintance until she found an apartment to rent.  I also suspect that same coworker was behind filling her head with BS ideas, but that's a moot point now.

Frood

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=498704 time=1682310988 user_id=3397
Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=498702 time=1682310308 user_id=164
Sadly, he has issues.  She has an older daughter who is doing great...but this one is something else.  I know a few others who I don't want to talk to anymore because of their kids behaviour..its not the parents fault...these are people with multiple kids...all of them are good except the one.

Once a kid turns 18, they ahe out and the system abandons them.  There is help, but it's hard to access.  There are waiting lists everywhere that can take years before you get help with anything.

There are too many people and not enough workers/people to help...there ate shortages everywhere...and now the CRA is on strike, which will do nothing but slow everything down even more.

It sounds like her son is a candidate for disability...this is a difficult area tho and wait lists are extreme....with all of his problems and refusal to help himself...it will take years to achieve anything for this kid.  It's extremely difficult to get on disability today...its quite the process...they don't just approve anyone, it's pretty strict.

Any housing that becomes available, instead of existing Canadian citizens in need or our younger generation who are struggling...it goes to refugees and immigrants...it makes no sense.

If he can get on disability, all the better I suppose.  I don't think it's that difficult...  I know a fairly normal dude that somehow got on it.

And that's why I mentioned he should start sooner rather than later, because here's what will happen if he doesn't:  End up homeless.  Get 'regular' welfare cheque that pays no more than $375/month for rent.  Find that nobody rents anything for $375/month.  End up in a homeless shelter with the absolute dregs of society.  Get addicted to drugs with the dregs.  Die.

There was a time when a regular welfare cheque would get you some shithole apartment, but those days are done for a variety of reasons, including our government bringing in over one million immigrants every year into infrastructure that is not even remotely designed to handle that number, as you mentioned...

Yet the homeless, the people who still remain, will outlive everybody...

I would have ended that with a "zombie apocalypse"... but that's not needed. Us humans are doing it every day against others.
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: caskur post_id=498629 time=1682271278 user_id=2156
Quote from: DKG post_id=498607 time=1682266506 user_id=3390

How long have you been married?

39 years next August,... why?

That's a very long time.

caskur

Today is a reverent day, a day for deep mourning,....a day to count our blessings...

Today is ANZAC DAY!!!!
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Odinson

Anonymous

Are you related to Simo Häyäh?

Odinson

Quote from: Guest post_id=498751 time=1682367179
Are you related to Simo Häyäh?

Are you related to Abraham Lincoln?

Lokmar

Fun fact: I'm related to the people eaters of the Donner Party.

Shen Li

My grandfather was a general in the PLA He was assigned to Beijing in 1989 to suppress protests.

Anonymous

Divorce is hard on the soul.

Odinson

Its not if you got a prenup.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=498840 time=1682457271 user_id=136
Its not if you got a prenup.

You wouldn't need a prenup if you had the skills of Simo Häyäh.

He is the greatest Finn of all time.

Berry Sweet

I don't ever want to get married.

I'm happy being single.  Maybe one day I may get into a relationship...but, he goes home to his place and I go home to mine.  None of this funny business shit.  Got debt?  Go find someone else.  I'm not interested in dating someone at my age with extreme debt over stupid shit and poor decisions.  The only debt that is understandable is a mortgage or car payments.  

Stay away from people who have multiple maxed out credit cards or haven't filed their taxes in years because they know they owe money.  I'm not getting involved in that.

Peace and fuckin quiet...smooth sailing for me only.

Herman

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=498849 time=1682461370 user_id=164
I don't ever want to get married.

I'm happy being single.  Maybe one day I may get into a relationship...but, he goes home to his place and I go home to mine.  None of this funny business shit.  Got debt?  Go find someone else.  I'm not interested in dating someone at my age with extreme debt over stupid shit and poor decisions.  The only debt that is understandable is a mortgage or car payments.  

Stay away from people who have multiple maxed out credit cards or haven't filed their taxes in years because they know they owe money.  I'm not getting involved in that.

Peace and fuckin quiet...smooth sailing for me only.

I got married and divorced young. It was for the best. I never thought I would ever remarry, but then I met a young geologist while living and wiorking abroad and that all changed. We lived together for years before we married.