Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What say about his situation.....

Started by Obvious Li, May 19, 2014, 04:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"No we aren't because I agree with you regarding her admission into Canada, however, I object to the underlying sentence that gave this woman a basis for argument for an application in the first place.

I can't condone US retardation that burdens our immigration system.

The US state of Florida is still a democracy last time I checked. If she doesn't like their diddling laws then she should vote in Barney Frank types who will change their current pedo laws. Anyway, none of this is our our problem. We need a refuge policy in place that excludes ALL Americans, Europeans, South Koreans and Israelis.

Anonymous

I agree with Real Woman that the punishment in this case is extreme. Then again, Korea has harsh penalties by Canadian standards for narcotic offenses. Should we accept convicted drug criminals from Korea as refugees because their punishments are considered severe compared to Canada? It's something to think about.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"I agree with Real Woman that the punishment in this case is extreme. Then again, Korea has harsh penalties by Canadian standards for narcotic offenses. Should we accept convicted drug criminals from Korea as refugees because their punishments are considered severe compared to Canada? It's something to think about.

agreed, insomuch as it is my considered opinion that neither drug "offenses" nor consensual sex require jail time....that form of punishment  should be reserved for violent crimes against person and property..... everything else should be dealt with at the state or community level....... :ugeek:

RW

Seoul, I think part of the argument for this case stems from the fact that what she did isn't a crime here.

Either way, I don't want Canada to be an asylum for American escaping judicial ridiculousness.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Seoul, I think part of the argument for this case stems from the fact that what she did isn't a crime here.

Either way, I don't want Canada to be an asylum for American escaping judicial ridiculousness.

It is ridiculous, few would question that. But, I don't know if something is a crime in another country and not in Canada should automatically entitle one to refugee status. Adultery is technically a crime in Korea. If a Korean District Attorney decided to prosecute someone on that charge should Canada admit such individuals? Do you see where I am going with this?

RW

No, I'm not saying just because something is not illegal in Canada it should make for automatic admission.  I think it makes for an easier argument though.  Like if adultery vets a capital punishment sentence, it makes it easier to make a claim as that person would not be a criminal in the eyes of Canadian law.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"No, I'm not saying just because something is not illegal in Canada it should make for automatic admission.  I think it makes for an easier argument though.  Like if adultery vets a capital punishment sentence, it makes it easier to make a claim as that person would not be a criminal in the eyes of Canadian law.

Korea still has capital punishment on the books, but doesn't carry them out anymore. This woman isn't facing capital punishment though. She faces a lengthy prison sentence if convicted. If harsh prison sentences for crimes which are not illegal here are going to be the criteria, then most of the world would qualify for admission to Canada as refugees. I agree the laws about rape in Florida are ridiculous though.

RW

The woman in the case WAS convicted and sentenced to 30 years in prison.

I don't think the criteria should be what is legal or illegal in Canada but I don't think it hurts an applicant's case if it is legal here.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Thai magazine editor jailed for 11 years for insulting king.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thai-magazine-editor-jailed-for-11-years-for-insulting-king-8462651.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 62651.html">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thai-magazine-editor-jailed-for-11-years-for-insulting-king-8462651.html

Obvious Li

listen....we accept Homero's gay friends just because they are gay....we welcome and accept aids patients as refugees and pay 100% of their health care....so the system is already broken and busted.....taking in this couger isn't going to break it any more.....the US justice system is totally fucked up....example #1..they way Conrad Black was treated was a crime against humanity...the prosecutors and the judge should be jailed themselves...... :ugeek:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"listen....we accept Homero's gay friends just because they are gay....we welcome and accept aids patients as refugees and pay 100% of their health care....so the system is already broken and busted.....taking in this couger isn't going to break it any more.....the US justice system is totally fucked up....example #1..the way Conrad Black was treated was a crime against humanity...the prosecutors and the judge should be jailed themselves...... :ugeek:

Oh I agree handsome, but the US justice system is not our problem and the USA despite all it's problems is NOT a supplier of refuges. End of fucking story.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Nor should they ever be Shen.

We are talking about how the USA has stupid laws, but accept refugees from countries in the EU, USA, Israel and South Korea. That's just nuts.

RW

Yeah but we expect better from the US.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Yeah but we expect better from the US.

why would we ????...they are governed by imbeciles,community organizers and rich ner-do-wells.....the US political system is about as bad a system as you can devise.....electoral college votes....no sane person could have thought up that brainwave.......electing people based on their skin color.....fucking hell.....92% return of incumbents....fucking hell....senators in their 80's and 90's......fucking hell....led by a military industrial complex...fucking hell........ :ugeek: