Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What say about his situation.....

Started by Obvious Li, May 19, 2014, 04:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

She should have murdered the kid, she would have got out sooner then 30 years rofl.

30 years for boinking a 16 year old kid. REALLY?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

BTW, update: there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Two of the five counts this pig was convicted of were "Blackmail" and "Obstruction of Justice". Apparently she tried the blackmail the victim's sister after the victim's sister discovered her having sex with her 16 year old brother. She also encouraged and coerced the 16 year old victim to lie to police. She's a real piece of work.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/117052-refugee-florida-woman-refugee-status.html">http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/ ... tatus.html">http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/117052-refugee-florida-woman-refugee-status.html

To some of you here a 30 year sentence sounds harsh but as I suspected the sentence does not just reflect her deviant sexual behavior. This stupid bitch dug her own hole and now wants to climb out of it by using lenient Canadian refugee laws and the good will of the Canadian government. The best thing your government could do is just send her back over the border so she can get what she deserves.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"It becomes our business when your citizens apply for refugee status based on ridiculous sentencing of crimes.  Geddit?

And Renee, don't think the irony is lost on me.  You want to put a woman in jail for having sex with a 16 year old for 30 years while you pay her room, board and supervision.  What's that cost tax payers?  

Again, you Yanks and you fucked up judicial system are RIDICULOUS.

Bullshit, it becomes our business with another bogus refugee application. She's no more a real refugee than South Korean/Israeli conscription dodgers or Roma economic migrants. GEDDIT? She's taking advantage of absurdly generous laws. Get her the fuck out of here ASAP!!!

I know Canada accepts refugee claimants that few others would, but it is only one single refugee claimant.

It figures mmjames aka seoulfag wants to open the floodgates. He wants more Canadiscams ripping off our country.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"BTW, update: there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Two of the five counts this pig was convicted of were "Blackmail" and "Obstruction of Justice". Apparently she tried the blackmail the victim's sister after the victim's sister discovered her having sex with her 16 year old brother. She also encouraged and coerced the 16 year old victim to lie to police. She's a real piece of work.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/117052-refugee-florida-woman-refugee-status.html">http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/ ... tatus.html">http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/117052-refugee-florida-woman-refugee-status.html

To some of you here a 30 year sentence sounds harsh but as I suspected the sentence does not just reflect her deviant sexual behavior. This stupid bitch dug her own hole and now wants to climb out of it by using lenient Canadian refugee laws and the good will of the Canadian government. The best thing your government could do is just send her back over the border so she can get what she deserves.

Yeah, you're right Renee.  That warrants 30 years in jail.  *rolling my eyes*

And don't get me wrong.  I don't think Canada should take her in.  I think you should keep her and jail her for an appropriate amount of time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Renee"BTW, update: there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. Two of the five counts this pig was convicted of were "Blackmail" and "Obstruction of Justice". Apparently she tried the blackmail the victim's sister after the victim's sister discovered her having sex with her 16 year old brother. She also encouraged and coerced the 16 year old victim to lie to police. She's a real piece of work.

And don't get me wrong.  I don't think Canada should take her in.  I think you should keep her and jail her for an appropriate amount of time.

What is an "appropriate amount of time" according to you; 6 months, a year, 5 years and what legal statute are you basing it on? Since you think 30 years is sooooo out of line even though you don't really know any of the details of the case, what kind of sentence do you think is fair and appropriate?  :?

BTW, I'm not really trying to be sarcastic so don't flip out on me :) . I'm just trying to understand what a lefty like you thinks is fair and appropriate treatment for a convicted child predator and general all around scumbag?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Significant crime in case - 47 year old woman had sex with a 16 year old.  Not much more to know than that.

I'm going to ignore your lefty comment because it's as ridiculous as this sentence.  My position on this case has more to do with my legal/criminology exposure than any political leanings I may have.

When considering the punishment for said crime, let's consider some reasonable factors shall we:

What was the physical, psychological/emotion harm done to the victim?

What is the threat to society by having this woman roaming about the streets of Florida?

What is the likelihood of her re-offending?

Does she have prior offenses or victims?

Is the punishment reasonable for the crime as a comparative to other serious crimes?  (ie: should someone who has consensual sex with a 16 year old be punishment more harshly than say someone who is guilty of murder, rape, etc)

Are there other means of rehabilitation or punishment outside of incarceration that will yield the same result?

Although I believe Canada is too lax in regard to punishment, I think the US is way over the top with your stacking and consecutive sentences that end up making a mountain out of a mole hill.  The legal system, a system that builds itself on logic and reason, should be more logical and reasonable than your current system Renee.  The absurdity of punishment scales is doing your society a disservice IMHO and should be reviewed and updated.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"Significant crime in case - 47 year old woman had sex with a 16 year old.  Not much more to know than that.

You know that for a fact? Let's be real you gleaned that info from 500 word article on the internet and nothing more so in reality you really don't know everything or the mitigating factors that make up the significance of the crime. All you read was 47 year old women has sex with a minor, gets 30 years.

Quote from: "Real Woman"I'm going to ignore your lefty comment because it's as ridiculous as this sentence.  My position on this case has more to do with my legal/criminology exposure than any political leanings I may have.

When considering the punishment for said crime, let's consider some reasonable factors shall we:

What was the physical, psychological/emotion harm done to the victim?

What is the threat to society by having this woman roaming about the streets of Florida?

What is the likelihood of her re-offending?

Does she have prior offenses or victims?

Is the punishment reasonable for the crime as a comparative to other serious crimes?  (ie: should someone who has consensual sex with a 16 year old be punishment more harshly than say someone who is guilty of murder, rape, etc)

Are there other means of rehabilitation or punishment outside of incarceration that will yield the same result?

That's very nice and thank for providing an outline of the obvious but you didn't answer my question.

Quote from: "Real Woman"Although I believe Canada is too lax in regard to punishment, I think the US is way over the top with your stacking and consecutive sentences that end up making a mountain out of a mole hill.  The legal system, a system that builds itself on logic and reason, should be more logical and reasonable than your current system Renee.  The absurdity of punishment scales is doing your society a disservice IMHO and should be reviewed and updated.

Unfortunately, many criminals are not caught by the police until they have committed several crimes (as in this case), and often, they commit more than one crime at once. For this reason, the defendant will be tried for all of his or her offenses at one time, and will receive a penalty for each. Once the defendant has been convicted, the judge has the decision to assign his or her penalties concurrently or consecutively. Usually when the criminal counts are unrelated (as in this case, blackmail, obstruction and I'm sure child endangerment) the sentence is consecutive but if the criminal counts had all been related (as in only pretaining to her illegal sexual activity) the sentence would have been concurrent and probably much less severe. So you see it's up to a judge and not Florida law or the system on how sentencing will be applied. For whatever reason the judge in this case felt that consecutive sentencing best fit the crime or crimes. Was the Judge correct in his or her application of the sentence? I don't really know and NIETHER do you because we don't have enough info to determine if it was correct or not. At this point I will err on the side of the law until I see further info.

Furthermore if the sentence was grossly out of place and did not fit the crime then obviously one of two things happened. She was rail roaded or the defendant's lawyers didn't do a very good job of defending their client. Maybe her legal team was for shit but who are you going to blame for that; the legal system or the fact that the defendant had a shit for brains lawyer? In any event it would be up to the defendant to then hire a competent legal team and go for an appeal. Unfortunately that is how it works and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work all that differently in Canada as well.

RW

Here in Canada Renee, we have prescribed limits to crimes - minimums and maximums.  A judge will look at a case as a whole and make a sentencing determination based on the whole picture.  In this case, the sexual act itself would have fetched a set amount of years with an account taken of the frequency of the breech as well as any cover up attempts.  For example, if the law here set a minimum sentence of 2 years and a maximum of 10 years, the woman in this case would receive the initial sentence as dictated by the crime and then likely an additional year or two for her attempts to thwart justice. (I say that rather tongue in cheek as what she did isn't actually illegal here.).  Our judicial system works in such a way that it at least attempts to make the punishment fit the crime.  An essential lifetime in prison isn't appropriate in this case IMHO.

And yes, I am commenting on what was said in an article.  That is what we were asked to comment on.  Given the stated facts, the punishment does not fit the crime.  I am confident in making that assertion without blaming lawyers and outside of calls of case ignorance.  A legal system, regardless of the quality of lawyer, should not allow for the imposition of outlandish (see cruel and unusual) punishments.  This case is hardly the exception to the rule in your country.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Renee"

What is an "appropriate amount of time" according to you; 6 months, a year, 5 years and what legal statute are you basing it on? Since you think 30 years is sooooo out of line even though you don't really know any of the details of the case, what kind of sentence do you think is fair and appropriate?  :?  yea or no

BTW, I'm not really trying to be sarcastic so don't flip out on me :) . I'm just trying to understand what a lefty like you thinks is fair and appropriate treatment for a convicted child predator and general all around scumbag?

too much drama...the appropriate punishment for a 16 year old boy having consensual sex with another adult should be zero.....by the age of 16 if this dolt doesn't know the difference between yes and no and be able to fend off a female of the species then HE needs to be locked up......

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

What is an "appropriate amount of time" according to you; 6 months, a year, 5 years and what legal statute are you basing it on? Since you think 30 years is sooooo out of line even though you don't really know any of the details of the case, what kind of sentence do you think is fair and appropriate?  :?  yea or no

too much drama...the appropriate punishment for a 16 year old boy having consensual sex with another adult should be zero.....by the age of 16 if this dolt doesn't know the difference between yes and no and be able to fend off a female of the species then HE needs to be locked up......

By Florida law it WASN"T consensual, let's put that to bed once and for all, shall we. Furthermore there is something going on in the background of this case that we do not know. There is the issue of blackmail that has me troubled. We really don't know what it entailed. Was the victim of the blackmail threatened with bodily harm; was her life threatened in any way? What kind of coercion and manipulation did the convicted use on the 16 year old to convince him to blackmail his sister and lie to the police? Whatever methods she used could have been heinous for all we know and we simply do not know how and if it influenced the sentencing.

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"Here in Canada Renee, we have prescribed limits to crimes - minimums and maximums.  A judge will look at a case as a whole and make a sentencing determination based on the whole picture.  In this case, the sexual act itself would have fetched a set amount of years with an account taken of the frequency of the breech as well as any cover up attempts.  For example, if the law here set a minimum sentence of 2 years and a maximum of 10 years, the woman in this case would receive the initial sentence as dictated by the crime and then likely an additional year or two for her attempts to thwart justice. (I say that rather tongue in cheek as what she did isn't actually illegal here.).  Our judicial system works in such a way that it at least attempts to make the punishment fit the crime.  An essential lifetime in prison isn't appropriate in this case IMHO.

And yes, I am commenting on what was said in an article.  That is what we were asked to comment on.  Given the stated facts, the punishment does not fit the crime.  I am confident in making that assertion without blaming lawyers and outside of calls of case ignorance.  A legal system, regardless of the quality of lawyer, should not allow for the imposition of outlandish (see cruel and unusual) punishments.  This case is hardly the exception to the rule in your country.

Once again you are making suppositions without admittedly knowing ALL the facts of the case. So as per usual I find myself trying to combat preconceived notions and hysterics.......surprise....not.

The fact of the matter is you have your panties in a wad not because of the US legal system but because of the refugee issue. It wouldn't have mattered if the convicted received a 5 year or a 50 year sentence, you just want to cluck and wag your finger like so many of you up north love to do.

Enough with the bullshit; I might as well just kick myself in the ass for even entering this debate. I really should know better by now.

RW

I would imagine she said whatever she could have to avoid being reported because she was probably aware of the retarded sentences judges hand out in Florida :P

Blackmail, coercion are rather typical behaviours exhibited by desperate people.  Regardless, coercision and blackmail shouldn't get a person 30 years in prison!

You talk about not knowing the details of the case.  What's missing?  Did she kill him?  Because that's about the only thing that would make this sentence even resemble something reasonable.

I'm annoyed that your retarded legal system burdens mine.  This judicial overreaction ends up costing ME money.

And you should kick your ass for even attempting to defend such utter legal stupidity.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"I would imagine she said whatever she could have to avoid being reported because she was probably aware of the retarded sentences judges hand out in Florida :P

Blackmail, coercion are rather typical behaviours exhibited by desperate people.  Regardless, coercision and blackmail shouldn't get a person 30 years in prison!

You talk about not knowing the details of the case.  What's missing?  Did she kill him?  Because that's about the only thing that would make this sentence even resemble something reasonable.

I'm annoyed that your retarded legal system burdens mine.  This judicial overreaction ends up costing ME money.

And you should kick your ass for even attempting to defend such utter legal stupidity.

I'm not defending anything. It's just that I'm not going to fly off the handle and make ignorant statements because I am not intimate with the facts of the case.

Again you are making suppositions where it comes to the blackmail issue. As I stated, we don't know if the blackmail victim's life was threatened in any way and we don't know how credible the threat was or could have been. We also don't know how or if it influenced the sentencing and you don't know if this was a case of "judicial overreaction".  Unfortunately this seems to be a recurring theme in your argument position.

IMHO opinion there is a good chance that the convicted would have run to Canada even if the sentence had been more in line with what you "assume" would be an "appropriate" sentence. From the little that I have seen she seems to be pretty much a desperate, manipulating, amoral, piece of shit and in no way was she going to take responsibility for what she had done. According to police she knew full well what she was doing and what laws she was breaking when she was doing it. Tell me, if her sentence had been 5 or 10 years or even 2 years would you be rating about the US justice system? Maybe you should be more concerned about the idiotic actions of your own government in this case? Maybe if they just remanded the bitch over to US authorities like they should and stopped playing a fool's political game of Ping-Pong with the convict's refugee status, it wouldn't be costing you any money? Is your government in the habit of giving refugee status to convicted child molesters? If so I think your outrage might just be a tad misplaced.

RW

Again, here in Canada, what this woman did was not illegal.  She wouldn't have been convicted of being a sexual offender.

I suspect, considering I can't find the documents, that the case file is unavailable because it involves a minor.  However, I did find her application for appeal and it was 5 counts of unlawful sexual activity.

Had she threatened, she likely would have been charged with uttering threats or whatever law you Yanks have to throw at such behaviour.

What I do know is this is a clear case of legal overreaction.  How do I know this?  BECAUSE SHE GOT 30 YEARS IN PRISON!  The sentence for MURDER is 25 to life.  This woman had sex with a 16 year old who willingly participated in the act FFS!

Honestly Renee, being a Republican, I'd think you'd rather not dole out wads of cash to keep horny soccer moms off American streets.

To answer your question, I object to age restrictions where exploitation is not involved on consent as a principle but I understand the intended purpose so I don't bitch too loudly about it.  I wouldn't have any issue with this case had Denise Harvey recieved 5 years or less in prison.  There would be no argument for cruel and unusual punishment had such a sentence been imposed.
Beware of Gaslighters!