Replies: 7553
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:58:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

If Trump is the GOP nominee, Biden will be reelected

Started by DKG, July 19, 2023, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

There are only two ways there will be path to victory for the GOP next year. The first is a strong third party candidate who siphons votes away from Biden. The second way would be for Trump to do the sensible thing and withdraw and then endorse a candidate for the GOP nomination.

Trump is losing the poll that matters most

According to FiveThirtyEight's polling average, Trump's unfavorable numbers are now at the highest that they have been since the aftermath of the Jan. 6 riot in 2021. His unfavorable rating is 56.3%, the highest it's been since Feb. 23, 2021. His net favorability is 16.3 points underwater. It has only been worse in February 2021 after the riot and December 2022 after the GOP underperformed in the midterm elections.

This comes after Trump was indicted in New York City over falsifying business records. On Tuesday, Trump announced that special counsel Jack Smith informed him he is the target of "the January 6th Grand Jury investigation" with four days to report to the grand jury, "which almost always means an Arrest and Indictment." Meanwhile, the Georgia Supreme Court unanimously dismissed his attempt to block Fulton County's district attorney from investigating him for election interference in Georgia in 2020.

Trump is a completely known commodity at this point, but consider this question: If there were to be any movement on his favorability ratings, do you think it is more likely that these indictments will convince people who dislike him to become fans or people who were fine with him to sour on his candidacy? The answer is very clearly the latter.

The focus on primary polls as the end all be all of the race for Republicans at this point is excessive. On July 18, 2019, Joe Biden was 13 points ahead of his nearest competitor in the Democratic presidential primary. He lost his lead to Elizabeth Warren in October, and Bernie Sanders led the polling by a substantial amount for most of the month of February 2020. Biden ultimately did win, but it illustrates just how drastically the landscape can change when the primaries get going. Those numbers can and will change; Trump's favorability won't.

Again, Republicans are one month away from even seeing the candidates in their first debate and six months away from actually casting votes. But we are now over three years away from Trump's four-year term, and he has no game plan to win back voters he lost in 2020 and that Republicans lost in 2018 or 2022. He has not offered an explanation for how he can win a general election after losing his most recent one. If Republicans want to win in 2024, that is the only thing that matters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-is-losing-the-poll-that-matters-most">https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... tters-most">https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-is-losing-the-poll-that-matters-most

Lokmar

Trump already IS the nominee so if you really believe what you wrote, donate to third parties.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508586 time=1689811662 user_id=3351
Trump already IS the nominee so if you really believe what you wrote, donate to third parties.

I am sorry Lokmar, but I don't accept that. In 2008 and at this stage Hillary was the Dem nominee. My point is that a lot can change in a relatively short amount of time. Trump may get the nod, but I am not ready to declare him voctorious yet.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=508595 time=1689817461 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508586 time=1689811662 user_id=3351

I am sorry Lokmar, but I don't accept that. In 2008 and at this stage Hillary was the Dem nominee. My point is that a lot can change in a relatively short amount of time. Trump may get the nod, but I am not ready to declare him voctorious yet.

Living in Illinois, we all knew obama was being groomed for POTUS. The dems cheated long time loyal dems to install onigrah in his offices. My wife and I used to LOL about how easy it was to see what was going on as early as 2004 I think.

ojigabooze blackness is what dethroned hillary.

You are right though, a lot can happen in 14 months. Until it happens tho.......

Oerdin

Biggie Smiles

Honestly, Trump being the nominee is only going to embolden the cretins in the DNC to cheat even more aggressively

It's a losing battle. He should step aside and let someone else carry the torch.

Either DeSantis or the Indian dude who's name I cannot remember unless I cut and paste it -- lol

Shen Li

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508668 time=1689833914 user_id=3214
Honestly, Trump being the nominee is only going to embolden the cretins in the DNC to cheat even more aggressively

It's a losing battle. He should step aside and let someone else carry the torch.

Either DeSantis or the Indian dude who's name I cannot remember unless I cut and paste it -- lol

I don't give a fuck either way, but I think both Trump and Biden should step aside.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=508673 time=1689834115 user_id=3389
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508668 time=1689833914 user_id=3214

I don't give a fuck either way, but I think both Trump and Biden should step aside.

The dems are going to pack Biden up and ship him within 8 months. Watch

Harris will be pres just long enough not to run her own campaign and they'll already have the playbook to cheat the next idiot into office. that idiot being Gaven Nuisance

Shen Li

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508678 time=1689834379 user_id=3214

Harris will be pres just long enough not to run her own campaign and they'll already have the playbook to cheat the next idiot into office. that idiot being Gaven Nuisance

I wouldn't be surprised. Look at me, getting involved in a political discussion after I swore I am done with all of it.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=508683 time=1689834549 user_id=3389

I wouldn't be surprised. Look at me, getting involved in a political discussion after I swore I am done with all of it.

Well, you're like me. I don't get too emotionally vested into it as I know it's hopeless at this point but every now and then it's good to discuss matters that is influencing our quality of life

Shen Li

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508684 time=1689834651 user_id=3214
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=508683 time=1689834549 user_id=3389

Well, you're like me. I don't get too emotionally vested into it as I know it's hopeless at this point but every now and then it's good to discuss matters that is influencing our quality of life

I suppose. I'll try not to fall off the no politics wagon again.

DKG

Newsom will be the anointed one.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: DKG post_id=508732 time=1689858714 user_id=3390

Yep. and will turn the rest of the country into a shithole just like he's done with Cali

DKG

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508734 time=1689858963 user_id=3214
Quote from: DKG post_id=508732 time=1689858714 user_id=3390

Yep. and will turn the rest of the country into a shithole just like he's done with Cali

Indeed he would.

Lokmar

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=508646 time=1689832039 user_id=3374
Yep, Trump is a losing candidate.

Yea, Trump will never be a POTUS. LOL!