The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Re: World Cup

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2014, 02:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Argentina blanked Switzerland 1-0 while Belgium edged the United States 2-1 in today's FIFA World Cup matches.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Argentina blanked Switzerland 1-0 while Belgium edged the United States 2-1 in today's FIFA World Cup matches.

Yeah, I'll bet Renee is suicidal over that result. :lol:

Anonymous

Two good regional rivalries tomorrow, Brazil and Colombia, France and Germany.

Romero

Host team Brasil destroyed by Germany 7-1. Brasilians are going to be pretty miffed!

That's like Canada losing the 2010 Olympic semi-final 14-2.

The last time Brasil lost a competitive match at home was in 1975.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Host team Brasil destroyed by Germany 7-1. Brasilians are going to be pretty miffed!

I am so surprised by the final score in this game Romero..

I read that Brazil would be without their star stryker as well as their team captain, but don't think anyone predicted such a lopsided loss?

Romero

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Romero"Host team Brasil destroyed by Germany 7-1. Brasilians are going to be pretty miffed!

I read that Brazil would be without their star stryker as well as their tea captain, but don't think anyone predicted such a lopsided loss?

Nobody would have ever predicted that lopsided of a loss! There have been scores like that in the World Cup before, but always with good teams against poor teams. Germany and Brasil are ranked #2 and #3 in the world.

Losing two of their stars certainly didn't help, but Brasil started the match playing too aggressively. Germany took advantage as Brasil's defence didn't seem to be too concerned about defence. The team soon fell completely apart.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I read that Brazil would be without their star stryker as well as their team captain, but don't think anyone predicted such a lopsided loss?

Nobody would have ever predicted that lopsided of a loss! There have been scores like that in the World Cup before, but always with good teams against poor teams. Germany and Brasil are ranked #2 and #3 in the world.

Losing two of their stars certainly didn't help, but Brasil started the match playing too aggressively. Germany took advantage as Brasil's defence didn't seem to be too concerned about defence. The team soon fell completely apart.

Who is ranked number one if not Brazil?

I expect a closer score when Argentina faces off against the Netherlands..

My husband is Dutch, so I don't think I need to tell anyone what team he is supporting.

:)

Romero

Good luck to the Dutch then!

Spain is ranked #1 and were the defending World Cup champs, but they were kicked out in the first round.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Good luck to the Dutch then!

Spain is ranked #1 and were the defending World Cup champs, but they were kicked out in the first round.

Argentina won in penalty kicks..

Spain was ranked number one because they are the defending champions?

Romero

So it's Brazil vs Netherlands for 3rd place on Saturday and Germany vs Argentina for the Cup on Sunday.

FIFA rankings are based on a kind of complicated system in which points are awarded for wins, importance of match(exhibition, qualifier or final), strength of opposing team and strength of confederation(division) over the past twelve months.

Winning the World Cup actually only gets a few extra points. That seems strange but I guess we can't rank a team based on one game out of a year.

Anonymous

I don't think Germany will have much trouble defeating Argentina, but I want Argentina to win anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't think Germany will have much trouble defeating Argentina, but I want Argentina to win anyway.

I hope it is a closer game than Germany's semi final against Brazil.

Obvious Li

[size=200]YAWN[/size][size=150]YAWN[/size].....[size=50]sleep[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"[size=200]YAWN[/size][size=150]YAWN[/size].....[size=50]sleep[/size]

:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"[size=200]YAWN[/size][size=150]YAWN[/size].....[size=50]sleep[/size]

Ditto that handsome. I read that he Argentina/Netherlands game had no scoring. It was decided by penalty kicks.  :roll:

Who the fuck would find that entertaining??