Replies: 7026
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:09:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

• Are You a Collector? 4 0 5 1

Are You a Collector?

Started by Colonel Crackskulls, August 18, 2023, 07:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Colonel Crackskulls

I'm not wrong often but when I am I admit it. You Garatty, you make sense. As I take pride and excel in everything I do and am admired by all who are lucky enough to meet me, coming up in here and acting like I own the place was a less than desirable action on my part. Don't let this admission of guilt and  the  power of  your words go to your head tough guy. I'm keeping my eye on you. So what you all like  to collect?  Skulls? bloody knives? I collect toys.
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Garraty_47

I have always accumulated books.
Years ago I enacted a massive purge when the books for which I had no shelf space filled numerous boxes.

Since then I've tried not to let any books glom onto me if they aren't either reference material or something I know I'll want to reread occasionally but I very obviously have more books now anyway.

I can't even swear off any new ones because I already submitted a pre-order for a book to be published in October.

I'm much better about the whole thing these days though.
All my books, shelved, can easily fit into one room.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Colonel Crackskulls

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 18, 2023, 09:23:31 AMI have always accumulated books.
Years ago I enacted a massive purge when the books for which I had no shelf space filled numerous boxes.

Since then I've tried not to let any books glom onto me if they aren't either reference material or something I know I'll want to reread occasionally but I very obviously have more books now anyway.

I can't even swear off any new ones because I already submitted a pre-order for a book to be published in October.

I'm much better about the whole thing these days though.
All my books, shelved, can easily fit into one room.
A well read man it seems. Are you proud of your country son?
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Garraty_47

Quote from: Colonel Crackskulls on August 18, 2023, 02:25:27 PMA well read man it seems. Are you proud of your country son?

Yes to the first.
No to the second.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: Garraty_47 on August 18, 2023, 02:50:50 PMYes to the first.
No to the second.
That is how I would answer both questions.

Frood

I collect pussy pubes.

One for every vagina that I've poked.

I'm aiming to knit a musty throw pillow.

I also seem to acquire gadgets. I'm a bit of a sucker for a new gadget...
Blahhhhhh...

Oliver the Second

I used to collect comics and sci-fi stuff back in the 80's, still got most of it but it's probably not worth that much. Don't really follow the genre anymore, I guess tastes change as you age. Haven't looked at it for years, maybe I'll take a stroll down memory lane...

I also had a habit of collecting software, I would archive every version of Lotus 1-2-3 that I could get my hands on, WordStar, Paradox, operating systems, floppy disks with viruses on them, programming languages, shareware, hell I even collected AOL discs for a while... kept them all because I thought I might want to check them out some day... never really did anything with them except for the time I forgot about the floppy with the Michelangelo in the drive and I rebooted on March 6th... partition table go bye bye...

Gathered a couple mini-collections of DVDs and video games since but asides from that haven't been collecting much of anything except dust.

Adolf Oliver Bush

I collect music. I've some 20 terabytes of it in various formats, around a third of it are digitizations of the original multitrack masters and stems, some dating back more than fifty years. I enjoy loading them up sometimes and messing about with them. these days more for my own amusement rather than understanding how they went together in the first place. It's good mental exercise. Any I've inherited a bunch of old physical media through the years, archiving it at my leisure. More recently I landed an original test pressing of Ian Dury's "Fuck off Noddy" which I'm intending to preserve, since there's precious few outlets where you can hear it.

I do have a tendency to collect films and recordings that express.... unpopular ideas, shall we say. You can learn a lot from these... the fragility of those that ban them for one thing. It's something I recommend people undertake to do, the educational aspect of it is well worth your while and can open your eyes a great deal. Do try not to make it obvious where you've stored them though, the Powers that Be don't like us going off the reservation.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles