News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I just paid $5000 US for a rare coin....

Started by JOE, November 03, 2023, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 04, 2023, 10:11:35 PMNice.

What model?

Canon color laser copier

It is not inkjet but laser

so if you run a printed page under a tap, the ink doesn't wash off.

almost as good as an inkjet for photo quality and color

don't buy hp color laser, their photo quality is crappy.

Only epson and canon did it right.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 04, 2023, 10:19:41 PMCanon color laser copier

It is not inkjet but laser

so if you run a printed page under a tap, the ink doesn't wash off.

almost as good as an inkjet for photo quality and color

don't buy hp color laser, their photo quality is crappy.

Only epson and canon did it right.

Yeah, I found out the hard way years ago that inkjet print will wash off.

I was cleaning a bunch of printouts under the tap with a scrub brush and everything was fine.  Then this one page started to streak.  I realized it was because it was from an ink jet printer after pretty much destroying the entire page.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 04, 2023, 10:27:31 PMYeah, I found out the hard way years ago that inkjet print will wash off.

I was cleaning a bunch of printouts under the tap with a scrub brush and everything was fine.  Then this one page started to streak.  I realized it was because it was from an ink jet printer after pretty much destroying the entire page.

I rarely use the printer because color toner cartridges are very expensive. Just for making the odd presentation material. Maybe that' useful for covers on manuals?

Since most of what we generally print out is text/black and white, I just use a cheap brother printer most of the time and it cost me $30 used. Works great and the cartridges are about $70.

Reggie Essent

I ain't reading this whole thread.
Someone just update me on the Joe/Thiel Canadian Love Story.
Are they gonna film the movie in Vancouver?

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 04, 2023, 10:31:35 PMI rarely use the printer because color toner cartridges are very expensive. Just for making the odd presentation material. Maybe that' useful for covers on manuals?

Since most of what we generally print out is text/black and white, I just use a cheap brother printer most of the time and it cost me $30 used. Works great and the cartridges are about $70.

How well do the pages from the Brother printer clean under the tap?
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Lokmar

josephine still getting azz raped by coin dealers?
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Frood

Joe's arse is like the Philadelphia Mint.

It gobbles all the ingots up.
Funny Funny x 1 View List
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Reggie Essent on November 04, 2023, 11:56:18 PMI ain't reading this whole thread.
Someone just update me on the Joe/Thiel Canadian Love Story.
Are they gonna film the movie in Vancouver?
Joe knows what a catch old Thiel is for his broke ass.

Oerdin

You realize these collectables are unlikely to hold their value in a down economy any more than baseball cards or comic books, right?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 05, 2023, 12:27:02 AMHow well do the pages from the Brother printer clean under the tap?

I only tested the Canon printer output.

A color laser print from this product did not run under the tap.

After several washes, the color remained intact on the paper.

However, I'm sure the Brother BW laser would have similar success being thermal not inkjet.

I've never really liked Injet output because of this problem.

we have a lot of moisture and rain on the Wet Coast, so steadfast color is an issue here.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 05, 2023, 11:19:54 PMwe have a lot of moisture and rain on the Wet Coast

Yeah, I can imagine it would be a big problem when you leave all your printed documents outside in the rain.

I have had some problems with my printed documents catching on fire when I throw them into the wood stove at the camp.  Any idea what I should be doing to stop them from catching on fire like that?

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 06, 2023, 12:56:28 AMYeah, I can imagine it would be a big problem when you leave all your printed documents outside in the rain.

I have had some problems with my printed documents catching on fire when I throw them into the wood stove at the camp.  Any idea what I should be doing to stop them from catching on fire like that?

There's a lotta humidity, mildew and things git mouldy fast here Prowler. even paper.

so anything with colorfast qualities is a bonus, if ya want the printed page to last a bit longer.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 06, 2023, 05:12:00 PMI like blue cheese.

there's a lotta rain in Vancouver.

Like today

And so when the rain falls, sometimes on paper ya don't want the ink ta run. I notice this when people put posters on notices up on outdoor bulletin boards. Inkjet output is always a mess. the ink runs down the paper when it rains.

It won't run on laser output tho
Paper might get damaged and crinkled but at the least the copy will hold up

Thiel

Hi Jo Jo. Would you like to stand under an umbrella with me?
gay, conservative and proud