Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Robin Williams has passed away at age 63

Started by Anonymous, August 11, 2014, 07:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I was saddened to hear of this while driving home today..

My favourite performance by him was his role as Matt Damon's therapist in Good Will Hunting.

:(

Anonymous

It seems confirmed now that the cause of  death I heard is more than a rumour.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/robin-williams-dead-in-apparent-suicide-1.2733770">http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/robin-willi ... -1.2733770">http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/robin-williams-dead-in-apparent-suicide-1.2733770

Oscar-winner Robin Williams, whose free-form comedy and adept impressions dazzled audiences for decades, has died in an apparent suicide. He was 63.

The Marin County Sheriff's Office says Williams was pronounced dead at his home in California on Monday. The sheriff's office says a preliminary investigation shows the cause of death to be a suicide due to asphyxia

After appearing as a supporting comedic actor on The Richard Pryor Show, Williams shot to fame in the late '70s as the alien in the Happy Days spin-off Mork and Mindy. He conquered the big screen in comic films such as Good Morning, Vietnam and Mrs. Doubtfire. But he won his Academy Award in a serious role — as the therapist in 1997's Good Will Hunting.

It was his fourth nomination, following Good Morning, Vietnam, The Fisher King, and Dead Poet's Society.

Most recently, he starred in the CBS comedy The Crazy Ones.

His performing style was at its purest in his standup act, as he impersonated a Russian immigrant or parodied anyone from John Wayne to Keith Richards.

Along with Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg, he helped found the American edition of Comic Relief, a series of concerts and television specials that helped raise money to address homelessness.

Gary Oak

I found this on google.

The TRUTH about Robin Williams and these celebrities

Alright, here's my thing with these celebrities who supposedly die of circumstances "not related to TPTB or "star whackers" or the Illuminati". Here are the facts that have surrounded almost every celebrity that has died:

Whitney Houston - died of "drugs" - ALONE in the bathroom.

Heath Ledger - died of "drugs" - ALONE in his home.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman - died of "drugs" - ALONE in his bathroom.

Jim Morrison - died of "drugs" - ALONE in the bathroom.

David Carradine - died of "asphyxia" - ALONE in hotel room.

Michael Jackson - died of "drugs" - ALONE in home.

Robin Williams - died of "asphyxia" (just like David Carradine - how ironic??) - ALONE in his home, was found/discovered, presumably by his wife.

Cory Monteith - died of "drugs" - ALONE in hotel room

Kurt Cobain - died of "suicide" - ALONE in his hotel (no one believes Kurt committed suicide - at least not the smart people anyway.)

Jimi Hendrix - died of "drugs" - ALONE in home.

Janis Joplin - died of "drugs" - ALONE in her home.

Marilyn Monroe - died of "drugs" - ALONE in her home.

River Phoenix - who died of "drugs" not ALONE but on the street, with his brother Joaquin who after his brother's death becomes HUGE star - how convenient?

Anna Nicole Smith - died of "drugs" - ALONE in a hotel.

Amy Winehouse - died of "drugs" - ALONE in her home.

Brittany Murphy - died of "pneumonia" - ALONE in her room.

Now, tell me this, why do ALL these stars all die alone? Most of them have died from the SAME damn thing, and there are many more I haven't even mentioned who have died ALONE from either drug abuse, heart failure or suicide. So you're telling me, everyone in Hollywood is going to die from either heart failure, drugs or suicide? Because apparently, that's what most of these stars under the age of 70 have died from. Something just doesn't add UP. So, when Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock and George Clooney die, they're going to die from either heart failure, suicide or drugs too huh?

No, I keep telling people, Hollywood and the industry is like a gang, once you get in, the only way out is death. Robin Williams is dead because, there was something they - TPTB in Hollywood wanted him to comply with, he didn't, so they took him out. Just like all they did with all the stars I mentioned above. Randy Quaid isn't crazy, come on people, if you just stop and think about this, you'll see things don't make sense. Next, I guess if Matt Damon was to drop dead, people will say he died from heart failure and everyone will believe it. NO WAY. The same goes for Robin. YES, he had a past addiction, but that was NOT the cause of this man's death. When you join forces with TPTB and they tell you to do something and you don't do it, they will get rid of you and will make it look like an ABSOLUTE, tip top accident, heart failure death cause, drug OD death cause or suicide death cause. People better wake up because this **** is REAL. There IS a price to pay - not for wanting to be an actor, actress, singer, etc in Hollywood but for wanting FAME and FORTUNE in Hollywood....This won't be the last time we hear of another big celeb dying of supposed "drug OD", "heart failure" or "asphyxia"...There will be many more because the only time you're done with Hollywood and with your Hollywood career is when THEY - TPTB SAY they're done with you.....That's my take on all this.

Romero

Did you expect Robin Williams to commit suicide in front of a live studio audience?

Most who commit suicide do it alone. Or else someone would stop them. Most who die from overdose did it alone. Or else they could have received help. That's how it is, not just for celebrities.

It may seem like these celebrities had it all but they were often quite troubled. Williams was dealing with depression and substance abuse all his life just like many others.

It can be a double-edged sword. Williams, Whinehouse etc. wouldn't have been who they were without their troubles.

Anonymous

I too have little respect for self-indulgent, narcissistic, over-paid, addicted, idiotic celebutards or their fucking causes. Obama made spoke about Williams death yesterday if you can believe it. Brilliant engineers, industrialists, investors philanthropists and inventors die all the time and hardly a peep from anyone let alone the prez. One junkie celebutard takes his own life and it is headline news across the continent.  :roll:

Annie

But Shen it brings a huuuge light to depression and maybe closer to a cure or at least more help.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Wulf

Williams was a great talent, no doubt. We will probably never see his like and granted many people identify with celebs because in their vapid minds they feel connected in some way. BUT the media attention Robin William's death has stirred up is ridiculous. Too put it in an entertainment perspective, one of the icons of the Hollywood heyday passed away yesterday (Lauren Bacall) and her death has barely gotten a 30 second peep out of the major networks.  Judging from what we are seeing on network and cable news, one would think that Mr. Williams was the only person ever to die or commit suicide.

Why, because it sells; it creates ratings; it means money. People in the US and Canada don't generally give a shit about who or how many died in some shit hole part of the globe because they are detached and isolated from it. Unfortunately in the Hollywood States of America people feel a personal connection with entertainers. We let them into our homes and our lives thru the power of TV and movies. They make us laugh, they make us cry and feel everything in between and it is that emotional connection that causes us to take such a keen interest in the lives of these so-called "celebutards".

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"But Shen it brings a huuuge light to depression and maybe closer to a cure or at least more help.

It brings a huuuge light to our ridiculous adoration of celebutards who don't deserve it. I feel empathy for him, but other than that good fucking riddance I say.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"Williams was a great talent, no doubt. We will probably never see his like and granted many people identify with celebs because in their vapid minds they feel connected in some way. BUT the media attention Robin William's death has stirred up is ridiculous. Too put it in an entertainment perspective, one of the icons of the Hollywood heyday passed away yesterday (Lauren Bacall) and her death has barely gotten a 30 second peep out of the major networks.  Judging from what we are seeing on network and cable news, one would think that Mr. Williams was the only person ever to die or commit suicide.

Why, because it sells; it creates ratings; it means money. People in the US and Canada don't generally give a shit about who or how many died in some shit hole part of the globe because they are detached and isolated from it. Unfortunately in the Hollywood States of America people feel a personal connection with entertainers. We let them into our homes and our lives thru the power of TV and movies. They make us laugh, they make us cry and feel everything in between and it is that emotional connection that causes us to take such a keen interest in the lives of these so-called "celebutards".

[size=200]Bullseye!![/size]

Nice to see again Wulfie.

Anonymous

What were his best movies? I would nominate RV, The Final Cut and Good Morning Vietnam.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"What were his best movies? I would nominate RV, The Final Cut and Good Morning Vietnam.

Jumanji and Flubber in addition to Good Will Hunting which I already mentioned.

Anonymous

^Perhaps with the ridiculous amount of attention his suicide has received, I am finding it hard to look at his body of work objectively. However, to be honest, he tried to hard to be funny and as a result his laboured efforts failed miserably.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Perhaps with the ridiculous amount of attention his suicide has received, I am finding it hard to look at his body of work objectively. However, to be honest, he tried to hard to be funny and as a result his laboured efforts failed miserably.

That is your opinion, but I have a different one.

Anonymous

Back to Wulfie's point about the "Hollywood States of America. The overwhelming majority of those braindead, narcissistic Hollywood celebutards are Democrats. They are particularly happy they have a wannabe one of their own in the White House.    They are big contributors and fundraisers for Obongo. His remarks about Williams' death are a thank you to the overpaid Hollywood retards.

Wulf

Quote from: "Shen Li"Back to Wulfie's point about the "Hollywood States of America. The overwhelming majority of those braindead, narcissistic Hollywood celebutards are Democrats. They are particularly happy they have a wannabe one of their own in the White House.    They are big contributors and fundraisers for Obongo. His remarks about Williams' death are a thank you to the overpaid Hollywood retards.

The Hollyweird doodle bugs who think they are politically relevant have always been in the Democrats camp. Even when Clinton was president the DC/Hollywood connection was especially strong and as a consequence, the Clintons were roundly criticized for it. Conservative Hollywood types generally don't open their mouth politically because if they do they know their chances for work will dry up. Vocal conservative actors like John Voight, Clint Eastwood or the late Charlton Heston have been few and far between. Younger less established personalities in Hollywood do not dare speak with a more conservative voice because of fear for their livelihood. Unfortunately Hollywood is almost entirely run, owned and populated by far left nut-balls. It comes from not receiving a proper or reality based "edumacation" (liberal arts) and living insular lives that are focused on what can only be referred to as "the make-believe".

President Barry Odumbass fits right in with their idiotic uber-liberal ilk because he himself lives in a world of make believe. His entire political agenda is derived from a fantasy based outlook on the world in general. This is why after 5 years of his "reign", the US has yet to recover from its economic mess and its foreign policy and standing in the world has sunk further than G. W. Bush could have ever imagined.