News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Who is more forgiving: individuals, or organizations?

Started by Anonymous, October 08, 2014, 09:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Who is more forgiving: individuals, or organizations?

When I first started going through AA's 12 steps in 2011, I had four major resentments: my ex-girlfriend, my local grocery store, my local public library, and the college I once attended.

Since then, a lot has changed.

While the grocery store didn't re-hire me, they were reasonable enough to at least let me shop there again and return my empty cans and bottles.

While the public library didn't reinstate my internet privileges, they were reasonable enough to unban me and reinstate my borrowing privileges.

While the college didn't reinstate my internet privileges, they were reasonable enough to let me eat in their cafeteria every once in a while and read the school newspaper once every couple of weeks.

But the ex-girlfriend, despite it having been 5 years since she decided to cut me out of her life for good, is clearly still mad at me.  New Year's Day we were on the same bus together, and she told someone on her cellphone that I make her want to barf.  Like WTF?  Why is she still allowed to be mad at me?  Why are her family and friends still allowed to encourage her to stay mad at me?

It's October and I'm still mad at her for still being mad at me.  She completely ruined my year.

Just goes to show, organizations are more forgiving than individuals.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"Who is more forgiving: individuals, or organizations?

When I first started going through AA's 12 steps in 2011, I had four major resentments: my ex-girlfriend, my local grocery store, my local public library, and the college I once attended.

Since then, a lot has changed.

While the grocery store didn't re-hire me, they were reasonable enough to at least let me shop there again and return my empty cans and bottles.

While the public library didn't reinstate my internet privileges, they were reasonable enough to unban me and reinstate my borrowing privileges.

While the college didn't reinstate my internet privileges, they were reasonable enough to let me eat in their cafeteria every once in a while and read the school newspaper once every couple of weeks.

But the ex-girlfriend, despite it having been 5 years since she decided to cut me out of her life for good, is clearly still mad at me.  New Year's Day we were on the same bus together, and she told someone on her cellphone that I make her want to barf.  Like WTF?  Why is she still allowed to be mad at me?  Why are her family and friends still allowed to encourage her to stay mad at me?

It's October and I'm still mad at her for still being mad at me.  She completely ruined my year.

Just goes to show, organizations are more forgiving than individuals.

I don't know who is more forgiving RDL.