The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Bored of the stereotype

Started by ghost, October 10, 2014, 11:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

ghost

I've got to admit, I'm tired of the fat jokes. They were amusing at first, but now they're just irritating.

A certain mentally disturbed person here seems to think that he can counterattack anything I say by calling me 400 pounds. Of course if he had any real brains, he'd be able to actually hold a debate without resorting to the same old boring grade school insult.

It's not like who I am is a secret. I was outted by another nutter ages ago.

So I'm going to post some pictures. Some of them can be found on my blog. Some are private. And there's even one without makeup!

First is my media picture. It's the one that's used more often than not at book signings. As you can see, the pic is a few years old from when my hair was longer.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll117/ghostofnothing/IMG_8167-Rev_zps1aa6284d.jpg">

This one was taken a few weeks ago. My hair is shorter now. Feel free to make fun of the haircut cause I don't particularly like it.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll117/ghostofnothing/IMG_2294_zpsa435189b.jpg">

One without makeup! OMG!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll117/ghostofnothing/IMG_2215_zpsd96347ac.jpg">

And the grand finale. One taken about a month ago when I was at Yellowstone Park. Feel free to admire the cute puppy.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll117/ghostofnothing/IMG_2177_zps6975dd39.jpg">

keeper

Morning Ghost,

I think you are beautiful  ac_flower

Piss on the haters  ac_beating

Anonymous

Look ghost, don't let the likes of Oak get to you. I admit I did it too, but I was wrong and I am embarrassed to go back and read those posts now. I think I mentioned before, I found it amusing the way he got hornung wound up, but that hardly takes much effort. OL banned Hornung long ago and Oak is still bumping stupid threads about him. In other words, Oak is not so amusing anymore.

Oak pushes stupid stereotypes about me being some cheap "Asian passport ho" or some ridiculous shit like that too. Depending on my mood at the time I read his horseshit, it can get to me.

I think he may be a little jealous because both of us have enjoyed success in our careers. There are still guys like that ya know. It's just a thought, but I do believe it's a REAL possibility.

BTW, nice pics(gorgeous fucking hair BTW), but I still can't get an idea of your age? Don't say anything if you don't feel like it. It's just that I usually have an idea about a person's age, but with you I am drawing a blank sheet. ac_umm

ghost

Oh, Oak isn't getting to me. What actually got to me was a few weeks ago when someone on Memebee posted a fat ass and someone else claimed it was mine. And then others started bitching to Evs that personal pictures need to be taken down. I think I was more offended that people automatically thought that ass was mine!!!!! LOL

There is nothing Oak can say that would actually make me run and cry. I'm hoping that by doing this, he might have to scramble to try and find a new insult. But alas, I'm pretty sure he's going to continue calling me fat. As we all know, Oak isn't very good when it comes to finding new material.

I'm 41, Shen. OMG I said it! haha I'm lucky tho. I was blessed with good skin.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"Oh, Oak isn't getting to me. What actually got to me was a few weeks ago when someone on Memebee posted a fat ass and someone else claimed it was mine. And then others started bitching to Evs that personal pictures need to be taken down. I think I was more offended that people automatically thought that ass was mine!!!!! LOL

There is nothing Oak can say that would actually make me run and cry. I'm hoping that by doing this, he might have to scramble to try and find a new insult. But alas, I'm pretty sure he's going to continue calling me fat. As we all know, Oak isn't very good when it comes to finding new material.

I'm 41, Shen. OMG I said it! haha I'm lucky tho. I was blessed with good skin.

[size=200]AHA!!![/size]

For whatever reason, you never dropped enough clues as to your age, so I couldn't even guess. It's a bizarre hobby I know, but I try to guess poster's ages. With you, I had no idea whatsoever. Now I know.

BTW, ur the same age as Renee.

P.S. I never saw that pic, but there is some immature troll on VF calling you a heroin addict. ac_rollseyes

ghost

I like to think that being a YA writer keeps me young at heart. haha I can be both childish and mature, depending on the day.

I was a late bloomer. In my early 20's, I was more interested in playing in a band than anything else. I didn't go back to Uni until I was 26. I've always been more interested in doing things I love than doing what's expected of me. All I know is that the older I get, the more I get to know myself, and the more fun I have.

ghost

Quote from: "Shen Li"

P.S. I never saw that pic, but there is some immature troll on VF calling you heroin addict. ac_rollseyes

Yeah, that one made me giggle. I did a lot of drugs in my younger days and admitted that I smoked heroin once (actually it was twice). That gave .. the perfect ammunition.

For the record, I haven't touched drugs since I was 25 and smoked my last joint.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"I like to think that being a YA writer keeps me young at heart. haha I can be both childish and mature, depending on the day.

I was a late bloomer. In my early 20's, I was more interested in playing in a band than anything else. I didn't go back to Uni until I was 26. I've always been more interested in doing things I love than doing what's expected of me. All I know is that the older I get, the more I get to know myself, and the more fun I have.

It would appear we both have a bit of a non-conformist streak in us. I occasionally wonder what might have been if I had pursued music. My parents would NOT hear of it of course, but still.  ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

P.S. I never saw that pic, but there is some immature troll on VF calling you heroin addict. ac_rollseyes

Yeah, that one made me giggle. I did a lot of drugs in my younger days and admitted that I smoked heroin once (actually it was twice). That gave .. the perfect ammunition.

For the record, I haven't touched drugs since I was 25 and smoked my last joint.

You did it once, therefore you do it everyday and twice on Sundays. The same assholes gave Berry a hard time too even though it was like decades ago she made mistakes.

ghost

The Arts are hard. So many get into them, so few ever go anywhere.

I loved playing in a band. I loved being on stage and wearing crazy outfits. But I finally reached a point in my life where it just wasn't fun anymore. For me, it was always about the storytelling, whether it was in song or written word. So I went back to writing. I'm much better at writing. lol

Funny enough, one of my old bandmates just told me he's going to California because Duran Duran has taken a liking to his new band and wants them to go on tour with them.

My Mom hated the music. She always said "It's a nice hobby, but you need to get a real job". Funny, she said the same thing about writing. Now she tells everyone how proud she is for my persistence and brags to people in bookstores.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"The Arts are hard. So many get into them, so few ever go anywhere.

I loved playing in a band. I loved being on stage and wearing crazy outfits. But I finally reached a point in my life where it just wasn't fun anymore. For me, it was always about the storytelling, whether it was in song or written word. So I went back to writing. I'm much better at writing. lol

Funny enough, one of my old bandmates just told me he's going to California because Duran Duran has taken a liking to his new band and wants them to go on tour with them.

My Mom hated the music. She always said "It's a nice hobby, but you need to get a real job". Funny, she said the same thing about writing. Now she tells everyone how proud she is for my persistence and brags to people in bookstores.

Oh I've heard that one from my parents many times. The only difference is I never actually made an attempt at making a career of music. It was more just a teenage girl being a dreamer. They prolly would've disowned me if I had.

Funny, you mention about your mom being proud now. I read an interview once with the lead singer of Nickelback and how his father said the same thing to his sons. Now he likes to drive the tour bus. ac_toofunny

ghost

Oh I've heard that one from my parents many times. The only difference is I never actually made an attempt at making a career of music. It was more just a teenage girl being a dreamer. They prolly would've disowned me if I had.

Funny, you mention about your mom being proud now. I read an interview once with the lead singer of Nickelback and how his father said the same thing to his sons. Now he likes to drive the tour bus. ac_toofunny

I think parents only want what's best for their children. And let's face it, like I said, so very few are successful in the arts. For every top ten band, there are hundreds of thousands of hopefuls.

As a parent, you want your children to have something to fall back on. You don't want them to be the fifty-year-olds still working crap jobs and talking about how their band is still gonna make it.

But if your child is successful...yeah, you sure want to brag about it. hahaha

Anonymous

I think parents only want what's best for their children. And let's face it, like I said, so very few are successful in the arts. For every top ten band, there are hundreds of thousands of hopefuls.

As a parent, you want your children to have something to fall back on. You don't want them to be the fifty-year-olds still working crap jobs and talking about how their band is still gonna make it.

But if your child is successful...yeah, you sure want to brag about it. hahaha

Yep and I think we can all agree on that. Following your dreams is admirable, but if you DON'T succeed life can really suck without a plan B. This is just reality and young people need to understand that.

ghost

Yep and I think we can all agree on that. Following your dreams is admirable, but if you DON'T succeed life can really suck without a plan B. This is just reality and young people need to understand that.

I think the big problem is the myth today that one can do whatever they want if they try hard enough. It's simply not true. I wanted to be an astronaut as a child, but I just don't have the brains for science. There's nothing in the world that could ever change that.

I worked hard for free for many years. I worked day jobs I didn't particularly enjoy (I even did sales at Xerox for a while-worst job ever) and I wrote in the evenings.

Kids today seem to believe that they can graduate Uni and get their dream job in the blink of an eye. Funny enough, when I do school talks, I get a lot of teachers asking me to explain how difficult the arts is. But sadly, no matter how much I try and put a realistic spin on things, they still look at me and don't believe it.

Still, going into space would be freaking amazing. haha

Anonymous

I think the big problem is the myth today that one can do whatever they want if they try hard enough. It's simply not true. I wanted to be an astronaut as a child, but I just don't have the brains for science. There's nothing in the world that could ever change that.

I worked hard for free for many years. I worked day jobs I didn't particularly enjoy (I even did sales at Xerox for a while-worst job ever) and I wrote in the evenings.

Kids today seem to believe that they can graduate Uni and get their dream job in the blink of an eye. Funny enough, when I do school talks, I get a lot of teachers asking me to explain how difficult the arts is. But sadly, no matter how much I try and put a realistic spin on things, they still look at me and don't believe it.

Still, going into space would be freaking amazing. haha

I think it's hard for kids that age to realize the chances of failure are prolly greater than their chances of success. I got to talk with kids at a reserve school about career opportunities in engineering. Now this is a field where there are lucrative offers before graduation. That wasn't the biggest selling pint for the kids though....the very real possibility of an overseas expat position was. You on the other hand should prolly play down this part of your career.