The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

The Safest, Cleanest Most Affordable Capital City I Have Been in is Moscow

Started by Herman, June 16, 2024, 08:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

formosan

Quote from: Herman on June 16, 2024, 08:38:26 PMIt is really modern, low crime rate, and affordable compared to most world capitals.

We would transit through Moscow when we lived in Kazakhstan for one year..

It is a spectacular city that functions very efficiently.
too old to be a fashionista

formosan

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on June 17, 2024, 10:01:35 AMI'm not sure its a good idea to move to a city that might become a glass-surface parking lot sometime in the near future.

Just sayin....
I hope the USA doesn't do something foolish.

caskur

Quote from: Herman on June 16, 2024, 08:38:26 PMIt is really modern, low crime rate, and affordable compared to most world capitals.

When my husband went there, there was armed soldiers on every corner.

Of course it was safe.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Brent

Quote from: caskur on June 17, 2024, 10:59:12 AMWhen my husband went there, there was armed soldiers on every corner.

Of course it was safe.
Maybe that is what Chicago, LA, and San Francisco need. They all look like war zones anyway, so bring on the soldiers.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Brent

Thiel

It is a showcase city. It is uber modern.
gay, conservative and proud

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: formosan on June 17, 2024, 10:37:00 AMI hope the USA doesn't do something foolish.

Not reelecting Biden would be great start on the right path.  After that, things should be easy.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Herman

Quote from: caskur on June 17, 2024, 10:59:12 AMWhen my husband went there, there was armed soldiers on every corner.

Of course it was safe.
I worked and lived in Russia. I have been to Moscow more times than I can renmember. I know the city and speak the language.

The only time I ever saw soldiers was young recruits coming out of a Metro station. They would have been on their way home. They were not armed.

Herman

Quote from: formosan on June 17, 2024, 10:35:06 AMWe would transit through Moscow when we lived in Kazakhstan for one year..

It is a spectacular city that functions very efficiently.
It is a model city.

caskur

Quote from: Herman on June 17, 2024, 09:38:06 PMI worked and lived in Russia. I have been to Moscow more times than I can renmember. I know the city and speak the language.

The only time I ever saw soldiers was young recruits coming out of a Metro station. They would have been on their way home. They were not armed.

My husband, his mother, his brother were the first tourists allowed into Russia 1975. There were armed guards on every corner.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur on June 17, 2024, 10:55:15 PMMy husband, his mother, his brother were the first tourists allowed into Russia 1975. There were armed guards on every corner.
The Soviet era. Ya, probably.

I never made my first trip there until the fall of communism. And the soldiers were gone.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

I could not get a visa for the USSR anyway. My parents defected and I would have been blacklisted.

formosan

Agree Agree x 1 View List