Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

69% Say Revoke Citizenship For Those Who Fight Abroad: Poll

Started by Anonymous, November 01, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This is from the QMI agency. It's no surprise that Canadians are getting a little fed up with lone wolf terrorists. I suspect our tolerance for the intolerance of Islam is dropping too.
Quote69% say revoke citizenship for those who fight abroad: Poll

MONTREAL — More than two-thirds of Canadians support revoking citizenship from Canadians who fight for foreign armies, a new poll suggests.

The Leger Marketing survey for the Canadian Institute for Identities and Migration was taken Oct. 27-30 and released to QMI Agency.

It was conducted one week after a Quebecer used a car to kill Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent south of Montreal on Oct. 20.

The attacker, Martin Couture-Rouleau, told QMI Agency his son expressed a desire to join Islamic State, the ultra-violent terror militia that has invaded large swaths of Iraq and Syria.

Two days after the Quebec attack, a second Canadian-born terrorist shot and killed Cpl. Nathan Cirillo at the National War Memorial in Ottawa.

Cirillo's killer, Michael Zehab-Bibeau, wanted to travel to Syria, the RCMP say, adding that his inability to get there might have been a motive in Cirillo's killing.

Sixty-nine per cent of Canadians said they believed "Canada should remove citizenship from Canadians that go abroad to fight with a foreign army."

People aged 18-24 (46%) were by far the least likely to agree.

Those most likely to support the move were Canadians 65 and older (84%) and Albertans (76%).

Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced on Oct. 1 that Canadian CF-18 jets would join the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State.

Six days later, authorities said they were monitoring about 80 Canadians who had returned from terrorrelated trips abroad.

Just after the homegrown terror killings, 59% of Canadians said they support Canada's involvement in the military operation.

Demographer Jack Jedwab, whose group commissioned the survey, said there has been no change since the attacks in the percentage of Canadians willing to give up civil liberties at home.

"Despite the two shootings, I don't think we're seeing a panic," Jedwab said.

RW

Okay, maybe cc will disagree or knows what I don't here, but I can't believe our intelligence is such that they don't know people who are participating in terrorist activities.  Instantly chuck the fuckers on a plane and get them the fuck out of our country.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Okay, maybe cc will disagree or knows what I don't here, but I can't believe our intelligence is such that they don't know people who are participating in terrorist activities.  Instantly chuck the fuckers on a plane and get them the fuck out of our country.

I think it is the sleeper cell/lone wolf variety that might be the hardest to pinpoint. I could be wrong of course. I'll defer to CC on this one.

Gary Oak

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Islam is a slime religion created by a pedophile.

Well fucking duh Oak.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"This is from the QMI agency. It's no surprise that Canadians are getting a little fed up with lone wolf terrorists. I suspect our tolerance for the intolerance of Islam is dropping too.
Quote69% say revoke citizenship for those who fight abroad: Poll

MONTREAL — More than two-thirds of Canadians support revoking citizenship from Canadians who fight for foreign armies, a new poll suggests.

The Leger Marketing survey for the Canadian Institute for Identities and Migration was taken Oct. 27-30 and released to QMI Agency.

It was conducted one week after a Quebecer used a car to kill Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent south of Montreal on Oct. 20.

The attacker, Martin Couture-Rouleau, told QMI Agency his son expressed a desire to join Islamic State, the ultra-violent terror militia that has invaded large swaths of Iraq and Syria.

Two days after the Quebec attack, a second Canadian-born terrorist shot and killed Cpl. Nathan Cirillo at the National War Memorial in Ottawa.

Cirillo's killer, Michael Zehab-Bibeau, wanted to travel to Syria, the RCMP say, adding that his inability to get there might have been a motive in Cirillo's killing.

Sixty-nine per cent of Canadians said they believed "Canada should remove citizenship from Canadians that go abroad to fight with a foreign army."

People aged 18-24 (46%) were by far the least likely to agree.

Those most likely to support the move were Canadians 65 and older (84%) and Albertans (76%).

Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced on Oct. 1 that Canadian CF-18 jets would join the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State.

Six days later, authorities said they were monitoring about 80 Canadians who had returned from terrorrelated trips abroad.

Just after the homegrown terror killings, 59% of Canadians said they support Canada's involvement in the military operation.

Demographer Jack Jedwab, whose group commissioned the survey, said there has been no change since the attacks in the percentage of Canadians willing to give up civil liberties at home.

"Despite the two shootings, I don't think we're seeing a panic," Jedwab said.

Would that include Canadian born people who go to foreign countries to fight?

That would make them stateless.

cc

Actually, it would not. To them, ISIS is far above mere  "states" ..... a long dreamed of islamic caliphate that has no borders and honors no borders ... it just keeps growing and takes everything in its path into itself making islam supreme everywhere it is
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

They dream of  ruling everywhere / consider  themselves as ruling everywhere ... parliament in Canada recently.... hacking cops in NY last week ... a rival shiite in OZ today

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/religious-leader-shot-outside-islamic-centre-in-greenacre-following-threats-20141103-11g0kx.html#ixzz3HyNOAqnZ">Australia: Shiite Cleric Shot By Suspected ISIS Supporters

The 47-year-old shooting victim, an Iraqi Shiite who is a leader at the centre, was shot in the face and shoulder as he was locking up the centre about 1.15am on Monday.

Jamal Daoud, a prominent member of Sydney's Shiite community, said a group of "extremists" had been targeting Shiite Muslims trying to enter the centre to observe Ashura, a 10-day ritual to commemorate the death of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Muhammad.

Mr Daoud claimed that a number of attacks had been carried out on the centre in recent days by extremists and "supporters of ISIS"

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Actually, it would not. To them, ISIS is far above mere  "states" ..... a long dreamed of islamic caliphate that has no borders and honors no borders ... it just keeps growing and takes everything in its path into itself making islam supreme everywhere it is

If someone born in Canada goes to some shithole like Syria or Iraq to fight for ISIS, those countries can fucking keep em as far as I am concerned. They will probably get killed anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Actually, it would not. To them, ISIS is far above mere  "states" ..... a long dreamed of islamic caliphate that has no borders and honors no borders ... it just keeps growing and takes everything in its path into itself making islam supreme everywhere it is

But, would the government revoke citizenship of Canadian born who go abroad to fight?

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"But, would the government revoke citizenship of Canadian born who go abroad to fight?
While deserved, I would assume that would require very strong legislation - prolly a lot stronger than we would see today.

Jailing them will more likely be the next step we will get to.

It will take more "islam being islam" for revocation for second generation to happen. Many imams and "revered mentors" / instigators would also likely be included (and should be) once we are forced to that point.

Certainly passport revocation is in the works. I'm not sure where that is at today. And, all that will do is keep proven dangerous persons in society ... not a good idea unless they are permanently jailed.

Renee

If I were Canadian I would be a bit disconcerted that it is only 69%.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

good point

That said,  your unicorn leader won't do a single thing with these nuts on your soil until the US is in rubble

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"good point

That said,  your unicorn leader won't do a single thing with these nuts on your soil until the US is in rubble

ac_smile

True enough, we are not doing nearly enough with Islamofascists, but it is still more than the US is doing with them, which is fuck all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"If I were Canadian I would be a bit disconcerted that it is only 69%.

Apathy may very well be the reason for that Renee.