The best topic

Replies: 10251
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:47:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Small Donors are Supporting Trump

Started by Herman, July 15, 2024, 09:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on July 16, 2024, 02:27:26 PMI think these politicians and the people they appoint in your country never want to leave high office because they have it good and they know it.

Gold plated pensions. 24/7 police protection. Best medical care and doctors on the planet to take care of their aging corpses.

So that system is all too accommodating for these old codgers.

There should be an age limit like 75.

Canada the maximum age Supreme Court Justices can remain on the bench is 75. Upon reaching that age they have to step down.
Sweetie, Canadian federal politicians have the same perks as their American counterparts. They even have some perks American congressmen do not. So don't worry your pretty little bald head about American politics.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Reggie Essent

Quote from: DKG on July 16, 2024, 06:25:50 AMIt is the same in Canada. Powerful public sector unions spend a lot of money on Conservative attack ads.

Public sector unions themselves are problematic. There is nobody representing the owners of the money(us). The government is looking out for their career interests, not what is best for taxpayers.

Public Sector Unions are criminal enterprises and should be outlawed.  As you point out, there is no one who can sit on the other side of the Collective Bargaining table and negotiate in good faith for ALL of the taxpayers, who are "management" is all public settings.

What you end up with is what we have here in Illinois: Public Sector Unions consisting of over 90% registered Democrats contributing millions of dollars to Democrat Candidates to get them elected, and then the Democrat the Unions got elected sit on the other side of the Collective Bargaining table.

As I pointed out, it is a clear conflict of interest.  .
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Oliver the Second

Commercial airline pilots are forced to retire at age 65 because any older is considered to be a risk to the lives of the passengers.

Yet no such limit is in place for a US President who could literally push a button and kill hundreds of millions of people all over the world.

Strange isn't it?

Herman

Quote from: DKG on July 16, 2024, 06:30:19 AMOne thing about wealthy donors. They do not financially support losing candidates. They can see that without some pretty extreme cheating in Dem districts, Biden will lose this election. They will not throw good money after bad.
Any election, anywhere. Candidates who are expected to lose ain't raising any money from rich folks or companies.

Herman

Quote from: Thiel on July 16, 2024, 02:44:29 PMSweetie, Canadian federal politicians have the same perks as their American counterparts. They even have some perks American congressmen do not. So don't worry your pretty little bald head about American politics.
Is he the best you could do.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: Herman on July 16, 2024, 08:58:42 PMIs he the best you could do.

Maybe he should consider switching back to the other side.

Funny Funny x 3 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Shen Li

Quote from: Reggie Essent on July 16, 2024, 05:34:24 PMPublic Sector Unions are criminal enterprises and should be outlawed.  As you point out, there is no one who can sit on the other side of the Collective Bargaining table and negotiate in good faith for ALL of the taxpayers, who are "management" is all public settings.

What you end up with is what we have here in Illinois: Public Sector Unions consisting of over 90% registered Democrats contributing millions of dollars to Democrat Candidates to get them elected, and then the Democrat the Unions got elected sit on the other side of the Collective Bargaining table.

As I pointed out, it is a clear conflict of interest.  .
Franklin Delano Roosevelt warned about public sector unions. They should never have been legalized.

Strangely, Singpaore's civil service is unionized. But, there isn't the corrupt relationship between any political party in Singapore, let alone the goveerning PAP and the largest public sector union, the Amalgamated Union of Public Employees (AUPE) like there is in the US between public sector unions and the Democrats.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Shen Li on July 16, 2024, 10:28:45 PMFranklin Delano Roosevelt warned about public sector unions. They should never have been legalized.

Strangely, Singpaore's civil service is unionized. But, there isn't the corrupt relationship between any political party in Singapore, let alone the goveerning PAP and the largest public sector union, the Amalgamated Union of Public Employees (AUPE) like there is in the US between public sector unions and the Democrats.

I am not opposed to private sector Unions where both sides of the Bargaining table have clearly defined interests.  This is impossible in the Public Sector where the taxpayers are funding everything. 

It's funny you mention FDR.  His arguments against Public Sector Unions are the same one's I make here -- and I'm not a big fan of FDR.  In fact, I think his was the most evil Leftist Shitbag Fuck to ever hold the highest office of our land, but that's a story for a different message board thread.

Shen Li

Quote from: Reggie Essent on July 16, 2024, 10:39:00 PMI am not opposed to private sector Unions where both sides of the Bargaining table have clearly defined interests.  This is impossible in the Public Sector where the taxpayers are funding everything. 

It's funny you mention FDR.  His arguments against Public Sector Unions are the same one's I make here -- and I'm not a big fan of FDR.  In fact, I think his was the most evil Leftist Shitbag Fuck to ever hold the highest office of our land, but that's a story for a different message board thread.
Roosevelt was right and so are you.

As you said, there is nobody representing taxpayers at the bargaining table when a union negotiates with the party they give large donations too.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on July 16, 2024, 02:00:25 PMCorrection. they are opportunists seeking to engage in enough performative activity so as to swell demand for their real money making endeavors. 

Congress is only a part-time gig for them and only serves to facilitate the exposure they need to garner the real money.
Precisely. They have all become wealthy and seek greater fortune. Congress and parliament are a means to an end.

Brent

Quote from: Reggie Essent on July 15, 2024, 11:45:04 PMI think only taxpayers should vote.  You don't pay any taxes, you don't get a say.
I don't know about that. Illegal aliens or even legal residents who are not citizens should not be voting.

Thiel

Quote from: Herman on July 16, 2024, 08:58:42 PMIs he the best you could do.
No. But, like the challenge of a fixer upper project.
gay, conservative and proud