The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I'm Fucking Sick of It...

Started by Asian Pride, November 29, 2014, 04:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

reel

Quote from: "Shen Li"
I'm NOT into any of them, but BK has got to be the worst of the worst. If I owned a dog, I wouldn't let it within 10 metres of their swill. DQ is pretty disgusting too. BTW, DQ was the first job I ever had.

Ah ha!  So you are the real dairy queen!  Not Miss Castlegar.

I hate all fast food joints universally.  Total garbage.  The closest I'll come is the vegetarian sandwich at Subway because it's just vegetables and bread.

My first jobs were testing industrial batteries and overhauling engines at Splashdown Park.  I'd work like a dog at night testing batteries and then nap in the tube shed at Splashdown.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"
I'm NOT into any of them, but BK has got to be the worst of the worst. If I owned a dog, I wouldn't let it within 10 metres of their swill. DQ is pretty disgusting too. BTW, DQ was the first job I ever had.

I hate all fast food joints universally.  Total garbage.  The closest I'll come is the vegetarian sandwich at Subway because it's just vegetables and bread.

My first jobs were testing industrial batteries and overhauling engines at Splashdown Park.  I'd work like a dog at night testing batteries and then nap in the tube shed at Splashdown.

Miss Catlegar is only a damned princess. I'm the real DQ.  ac_beating

I have bought a veggie flatbread from Subway on the way to the site near Cold Lake. I can buy gas and get some food to go. It's not something you want to be eating while driving and texting though. I agree all fast food joints are inedible for swine let alone human beings.

Never heard of Splashdown Park, but I would assume it is a water park close to where you grew up?

Anonymous

What is a tube shed reel?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

you don't need to know about such stuff Fash...it is a place where little boy engineers go to play with themselves or any stray dogs hanging around the park....so don't ask.... ac_dance  ac_beating

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"Miss Catlegar is only a damned princess. I'm the real DQ.  ac_beating

I have bought a veggie flatbread from Subway on the way to the site near Cold Lake. I can buy gas and get some food to go. It's not something you want to be eating while driving and texting though. I agree all fast food joints are inedible for swine let alone human beings.

Never heard of Splashdown Park, but I would assume it is a water park close to where you grew up?

The guy who owned the local DQ was a lech.  There was no way in hell I would work there.  I had real jobs like working at the PNE hahaha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Driving and texting and eating a sub????? And you're Asian too boot. Nothing like perpetuating the shitty Asian driver stereotype, there Shen. ac_hithere  

Run over anyone on the sidewalk lately?  ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Miss Catlegar is only a damned princess. I'm the real DQ.  ac_beating

The guy who owned the local DQ was a lech.  There was no way in hell I would work there.  I had real jobs like working at the PNE hahaha

Never worked at a fast food place of any kind. BUT I did work at a local Italian bakery for 2 years when I was in HS.

My ass said it was a bad job decision. I probably should have listened. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Annie

I've never worked in a fast food place either, oh wait except for a cook shack at fairs in the 80's and it was hot and gross with wasps and bugs flying around. When a wasp landed in a soft drink we'd be pouring, we were told to scoop it out with our hands and still give it to the customer. Another time there was literally a maggot boiled half way coming out of an ear of corn. The manager told me to serve it anyways. I  waited a second till she turned around and tossed it into the garbage. Frickin gross! Oh and the grill where they were frying onions and burgers always had flies landing in it so the cook would just use his spatula and  "fold" them in with it. I quit later that day.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Driving and texting and eating a sub????? And you're Asian too boot. Nothing like perpetuating the shitty Asian driver stereotype, there Shen. ac_hithere  

Run over anyone on the sidewalk lately?  ac_lmfao

Strangely, as soon as anyone saw me they gave me a wide berth. ac_umm  ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I've never worked in a fast food place either, oh wait except for a cook shack at fairs in the 80's and it was hot and gross with wasps and bugs flying around. When a wasp landed in a soft drink we'd be pouring, we were told to scoop it out with our hands and still give it to the customer. Another time there was literally a maggot boiled half way coming out of an ear of corn. The manager told me to serve it anyways. I  waited a second till she turned around and tossed it into the garbage. Frickin gross! Oh and the grill where they were frying onions and burgers always had flies landing in it so the cook would just use his spatula and  "fold" them in with it. I quit later that day.

Thank you for sharing that Annie..

We will bring our own food next time we go to the Stampede.

ac_wot

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"I've never worked in a fast food place either, oh wait except for a cook shack at fairs in the 80's and it was hot and gross with wasps and bugs flying around. When a wasp landed in a soft drink we'd be pouring, we were told to scoop it out with our hands and still give it to the customer. Another time there was literally a maggot boiled half way coming out of an ear of corn. The manager told me to serve it anyways. I  waited a second till she turned around and tossed it into the garbage. Frickin gross! Oh and the grill where they were frying onions and burgers always had flies landing in it so the cook would just use his spatula and  "fold" them in with it. I quit later that day.

I saw similar situations when I worked Renn fairs back in the late 80s and early 90s. As employees and or guild wenches we learned quickly which vendors were clean and kept the food sanitary as best as possible and which ones didn't. The ones that didn't were to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately when cooking in the open food trailers or in tents it was difficult to keep flies and stuff at bay. It was always best to eat at the places that did a lot of smoked or barbecued meat, (turkey legs and ribs and such) because the smoke keep the lion share of the bugs away.

During the last few years that I worked the Sterling Fair I was hired as a full time tavern wench and flies, bees other flying creatures in the open air taverns where unavoidable. You just tried not to serve too many of them to the customers. ac_biggrin  

Fortunately after about 4 or 5 nine dollar beers, nobody really cared. ac_toofunny

reel

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Splashdown is a waterslide park with tube slides.  There was a shed in the back where spare or damaged tubes were stored.  You could make a nice bed out of the spare tubes behind the main tube pile and nap in there for hours.

Anonymous

I saw similar situations when I worked Renn fairs back in the late 80s and early 90s. As employees and or guild wenches we learned quickly which vendors were clean and kept the food sanitary as best as possible and which ones didn't. The ones that didn't were to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately when cooking in the open food trailers or in tents it was difficult to keep flies and stuff at bay. It was always best to eat at the places that did a lot of smoked or barbecued meat, (turkey legs and ribs and such) because the smoke keep the lion share of the bugs away.

During the last few years that I worked the Sterling Fair I was hired as a full time tavern wench and flies, bees other flying creatures in the open air taverns where unavoidable. You just tried not to serve too many of them to the customers. ac_biggrin  

Fortunately after about 4 or 5 nine dollar beers, nobody really cared. ac_toofunny

I have been to a few travelling exhibitions, but I have never found the food edible.

Street food in China is often tasty, but the sanitary conditions are appalling. Rats have nibbled at almost everything served.

Renee

I have been to a few travelling exhibitions, but I have never found the food edible.

Street food in China is often tasty, but the sanitary conditions are appalling. Rats have nibbled at almost everything served.

Well if they are nibbling at it there is a good chance they are shitting in it too.

What's the acceptable amount of rat shit in Chinese street food?  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Well if they are nibbling at it there is a good chance they are shitting in it too.

What's the acceptable amount of rat shit in Chinese street food?  ac_biggrin

That's what I was getting at, but I didn't want anyone's lunch to work it's way back up.

South China where I am from is hot and humid. Street food is part of the culture and no matter how wealthy cities like Shenzhen have become and no matter how educated the locals are, they cannot engineer a way to eliminate rat shit from cheap street eats. ac_toofunny