The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

I'm Fucking Sick of It...

Started by Asian Pride, November 29, 2014, 04:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"

Well if they are nibbling at it there is a good chance they are shitting in it too.

What's the acceptable amount of rat shit in Chinese street food?  ac_biggrin

That's what I was getting at, but I didn't want anyone's lunch to work it's way back up.

South China where I am from is hot and humid. Street food is part of the culture and no matter how wealthy cities like Shenzhen have become and no matter how educated the locals are, they cannot engineer a way to eliminate rat shit from cheap street eats. ac_toofunny

Maybe they don't want to. Maybe it adds to the flavor. ac_dunno  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Well if they are nibbling at it there is a good chance they are shitting in it too.

That's what I was getting at, but I didn't want anyone's lunch to work it's way back up.

South China where I am from is hot and humid. Street food is part of the culture and no matter how wealthy cities like Shenzhen have become and no matter how educated the locals are, they cannot engineer a way to eliminate rat shit from cheap street eats. ac_toofunny

That's a key part of MSG!!

Renee

That's a key part of MSG!!

Yeah I guess nothing can live soaked in MSG so any bacteria from the rat shit is doomed.

BTW, does that stuff make you blow up? I do when I eat it, ac_umm ...........Not the rat shit, the MSG.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I saw similar situations when I worked Renn fairs back in the late 80s and early 90s. As employees and or guild wenches we learned quickly which vendors were clean and kept the food sanitary as best as possible and which ones didn't. The ones that didn't were to be avoided at all costs. Unfortunately when cooking in the open food trailers or in tents it was difficult to keep flies and stuff at bay. It was always best to eat at the places that did a lot of smoked or barbecued meat, (turkey legs and ribs and such) because the smoke keep the lion share of the bugs away.

During the last few years that I worked the Sterling Fair I was hired as a full time tavern wench and flies, bees other flying creatures in the open air taverns where unavoidable. You just tried not to serve too many of them to the customers. ac_biggrin  

Fortunately after about 4 or 5 nine dollar beers, nobody really cared. ac_toofunny

I have been to a few travelling exhibitions, but I have never found the food edible.

Street food in China is often tasty, but the sanitary conditions are appalling. Rats have nibbled at almost everything served.

Street food stalls are part of the culture in Taiwan too Renee..

It is very popular with teenagers and students..

I would assume the sanitary conditions are similar to the fairs both you and Annie worked at.