Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Chinese discourage Christmas and Western cultural influence

Started by Anonymous, December 26, 2014, 03:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"What's your take on this one Shen?

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/12/29/christians-now-outnumber-communists-in-china/">Christians Now Outnumber Communists in China

Though the Chinese Communist Party is the largest explicitly atheist organization in the world, with 85 million official members, it is now overshadowed by an estimated 100 million Christians in China. It is no wonder Beijing is nervous and authorities are cracking down on Christian groups.

Christianity is growing so fast in China that some predict that it will be the most Christian nation in the world in only another 15 years. By far, the greatest growth is coming outside the official state-sanctioned churches, which are rightly considered subservient to the Communist Party. Numbers are increasing, rather, in unofficial Protestant "house churches" and in the underground Catholic church.

"By my calculations China is destined to become the largest Christian country in the world very soon," said Fenggang Yang, a professor of sociology at Purdue University and author of Religion in China: Survival and Revival under Communist Rule.

Westerners may look at this and say aha, the end of the CCP dynasty, is at hand. However, nothing could be further from the truth. As long as wages, living standards educational and professional opportunities continue to rise, the CCP is safe.

I will tell you something about us Han Chinese, we tend to follow the power so long as it is working in our favour rather than change. This is why Singapore where about 21% of the Chinese population is Christian is still controlled by the PAP. We won't rock the boat, so long as the boat is maintaining a stable course.

The vast majority of Chinese feel over all that China is headed in the right direction. As long as those numbers are maintained we will NOT throw out a known for an unknown. Even if the number of Christians starts flirting with the 20% mark as in Singapore, we will not let religion interfere with economic progress. China will never be the deep South.

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-a51d991c9fda858e6fa0e47df05b93aa?convert_to_webp=true">

Gary Oak

I was talking to a friend in China last night and the housing bubble is finally collapsing. Chese are used to disasterous times and are not spending. It will be interesting to see how this plays out

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I was talking to a friend in China last night and the housing bubble is finally collapsing. Chese are used to disasterous times and are not spending. It will be interesting to see how this plays out

I am worried about the housing bubble bursting here Gary Oak..

Canadian real estate prices are too high.