Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Gong Xi fa Cai

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2015, 04:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The way the server is working I might not get a chance to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Hong Bao Na Lai ac_dance

lol

Anonymous

Happy new year. ac_drinks

Renee

Happy New Year, almost.

Maybe the server will be fixed by then.  ac_rollseyes
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Happy New Year, almost.

Is there a large Chinese community where you live?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

No not really. There are some little yellow people scattered around here and there but nothing big. Basically just enough to make you keep a closer eye on your dog.  ac_toofunny

This forum is basically my only Asian connection.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

No not really. There are some little yellow people scattered around here and there but nothing big. Basically just enough to make you keep a closer eye on your dog.  ac_toofunny

Mmmmmm, white people's dogs.

Renee

All kidding aside; have you personally ever eaten dog? Not judging, just curious.

Annie

Happy Chinese New Year!  ac_drinks   Oh they ate dogs on The Walking Dead last night   ac_wot
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

All kidding aside; have you personally ever eaten dog? Not judging, just curious.

Yes, I have during winter back in China. Common to see them hanging in restaurant windows. No biggie to me at all.

Anonymous

Taiwan banned the consumption of dog meat, but it is still common on the mainland.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"Taiwan banned the consumption of dog meat, but it is still common on the mainland.

Why was it banned in Taiwan? Isn't it a cultural tradition to use dogs as a food staple?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Taiwan banned the consumption of dog meat, but it is still common on the mainland.

Why was it banned in Taiwan? Isn't it a cultural tradition to use dogs as a food staple?

Dog meat was understandable during hard times, when it was considered a source of nutrition..

Taiwan is a wealthy, democratic country today..

Eating dog seems something that belongs in our past.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Dog meat was understandable during hard times, when it was considered a source of nutrition..

Taiwan is a wealthy, democratic country today..

Eating dog seems something that belongs in our past.

Taiwan a country?? ac_wtf  acc_angry