The best topic

Replies: 9925
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:27:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

My first poutine......

Started by Obvious Li, February 16, 2015, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

i have never had poutine before so yesterday i stopped for lunch at a food truck in the neighborhood that serves only poutine.....i had home made fries, hamburger and gravy smothered with cheese glops.....my first bite i thought i had gone to heaven.....unfucking believable...i am hooked....$9 for a big plate full...........9,000 calories of heart stopping goodness....you could choose from  pulled pork, chicken, sausage, hamburger.......yummy yummy yummy......maybe i will start a food cart in Dog River

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"i have never had poutine before so yesterday i stopped for lunch at a food truck in the neighborhood that serves only poutine.....i had home made fries, hamburger and gravy smothered with cheese glops.....my first bite i thought i had gone to heaven.....unfucking believable...i am hooked....$9 for a big plate full...........9,000 calories of heart stopping goodness....you could choose from  pulled pork, chicken, sausage, hamburger.......yummy yummy yummy......maybe i will start a food cart in Dog River

My husband has a workmate that loves it..

My husband likes it too, but I don't want him to eat it very often..

I am surprised you never tried it before.

ac_wot

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"i have never had poutine before so yesterday i stopped for lunch at a food truck in the neighborhood that serves only poutine.....i had home made fries, hamburger and gravy smothered with cheese glops.....my first bite i thought i had gone to heaven.....unfucking believable...i am hooked....$9 for a big plate full...........9,000 calories of heart stopping goodness....you could choose from  pulled pork, chicken, sausage, hamburger.......yummy yummy yummy......maybe i will start a food cart in Dog River

ac_wot

i wanted to.... but too hard on the system...i would be dead in a year if i ate that every day...so bloody delicious

Renee

"Cheese glops" ac_toofunny

I have to admit, it does taste better than it looks.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

ac_wot

i wanted to.... but too hard on the system...i would be dead in a year if i ate that every day...so bloody delicious

Maybe as a treat once in a while it is ok.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee""Cheese glops" ac_toofunny

I don't recall seeing poutine when we went to California Renee?

Is poutine a common snack food in the USA yet?

Obvious Li

they call it freedom fries with monkey brains down there.......no french fries for them......

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

they call it freedom fries with monkey brains down there.......no french fries for them......

lol

@realAzhyaAryola

Maybe that's why I passed. I took one look at it and walked on.I chose a slice of pizza instead.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

No, Fash. That is not offered anywhere here where I am.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

Maybe that's why I passed. I took one look at it and walked on.I chose a slice of pizza instead.

Hello Azhya, I don't feel it is that unappealing to the eye..

I tasted it at New York Fries.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT_4_cf8-v6TXDfs1rmb3ofdMU5UgLdJwvErTlYJhPW4ri4hfDYwWUc9j2">

Renee

No it's not. The toppings we put on fries are regional and the variety is almost endless. Ketchup or just salt is the universal standard. In some areas malt vinegar is used other places like down south hot sauce or Cajun seasonings are used.  In some parts of the country gravy or cheese is used but gravy in combo with "cheese glops" isn't common. At least to my knowledge it is not a widely used topping for "French" fries.

Don't listen to Obvious we call them French Fries in the US. The "Freedom Fries" thing is a marketing gimmick that started after 911.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

No it's not. The toppings we put on fries are regional and the variety is almost endless. Ketchup or just salt is the universal standard. In some areas malt vinegar is used other places like down south hot sauce or Cajun seasonings are used.  In some parts of the country gravy or cheese is used but gravy in combo with "cheese glops" isn't common. At least to my knowledge it is not a widely used topping for "French" fries.

Don't listen to Obvious we call them French Fries in the US. The "Freedom Fries" thing is a marketing gimmick that started after 911.

Thanks Renee, I wasn't looking for poutine, but I didn't remember seeing it either..

Sometimes I make French fries at home and when I do my husband wants vinegar on them.

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't look for fries nor do I order it. Even after 33 years in the west, I am not into French fries. My sons go to a place called Wingstop and when they bring back some of their fries and say to me, "Hey, Mom, want some of these?" I usually have a few because those are the best fries I've ever had.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I don't look for fries nor do I order it. Even after 33 years in the west, I am not into French fries. My sons go to a place called Wingstop and when they bring back some of their fries and say to me, "Hey, Mom, want some of these?" I usually have a few because those are the best fries I've ever had.

I don't order fries very often either Azhya..

I did like them when I was a teen.