The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Sounds sweet.

Only when you pour the syrup on it  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "kiebers"We still have half a turkey yet to finish. Tonight will be our usual Mexican and Margarita night. I really like pecan wood more than hickory or mesquite. Green wood is even better than the dried wood we used. She also added a couple of small pieces of the turkey skin to the fresh green beans and it was definitely something that we will do again. Gave them a nice pecan smoky taste. If you ever see pecan wood chunks for sale definitely try them out. We did soak it in water over night. I think we have enough left to do a brisket and I see that happening very soon.

Oh and we got the wood from Kroger.

I've never heard of pecan wood.

ac_blush

It is in the hickory family and is a hardwood. The trees can get really big. There are a lot of them along rivers and smaller waterways. They are also being cultivated in areas that normally would not have them. This is a map of the natural areas they are found in.

">

Of course the "fruit" is widely known. I have family in Oklahoma that commercially raises them. They have tractors with arms that grab and shake the trees to get the pecans to fall.
I wish I could grow pecan trees in my yard..

Too cold here.

Anonymous

I thought pecans grew on plants like peanuts do.

Frood

Quote from: "kiebers"We still have half a turkey yet to finish. Tonight will be our usual Mexican and Margarita night. I really like pecan wood more than hickory or mesquite. Green wood is even better than the dried wood we used. She also added a couple of small pieces of the turkey skin to the fresh green beans and it was definitely something that we will do again. Gave them a nice pecan smoky taste. If you ever see pecan wood chunks for sale definitely try them out. We did soak it in water over night. I think we have enough left to do a brisket and I see that happening very soon.

ac_blush

It is in the hickory family and is a hardwood. The trees can get really big. There are a lot of them along rivers and smaller waterways. They are also being cultivated in areas that normally would not have them. This is a map of the natural areas they are found in.

">

Of course the "fruit" is widely known. I have family in Oklahoma that commercially raises them. They have tractors with arms that grab and shake the trees to get the pecans to fall.

So they're using cherry shaking machines on their own or some hybrid shaking unit based on cherries?
Blahhhhhh...

Thiel

ac_blush

">

I wish I could grow pecan trees in my yard..

Too cold here.
No doubt I have seen them the states and didn't realize they were pecan trees.
gay, conservative and proud

kiebers

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

So they're using cherry shaking machines on their own or some hybrid shaking unit based on cherries?

Probably so. I imagine the tech was used for both at the same time.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

https://thenurseryintyty.com/photos/NUTPEC-STUART-2.jpg?1513256222">

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Tonight will be our usual Mexican and Margarita night.

"Let me show you the drink of my people!" lol

">

ac_drinks

Blazor

That was good frozen pizza. I dont normally buy the expensive ones like Digiorno, but they were on sale "today only" for 2.99 at Kroger. I got 3 of them. Ate almost all of a thin crust meat one tonight, halfway burnt the roof of my mouth I was so hungry lol. Shot of shine to go with it. Time to make some fudge to send to people!!! All going out tomorrow. First batch was family get togethers lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"That was good frozen pizza. I dont normally buy the expensive ones like Digiorno, but they were on sale "today only" for 2.99 at Kroger. I got 3 of them. Ate almost all of a thin crust meat one tonight, halfway burnt the roof of my mouth I was so hungry lol. Shot of shine to go with it. Time to make some fudge to send to people!!! All going out tomorrow. First batch was family get togethers lol.

I used to do a lot of baking at Christmas..

I gave most of it away.

Blazor

I gave most of it away.

Thats what us poor folks give for Christmas, homemade goodies  ac_smile

My mom use to make so many goodies.

This batch of fudge is better than the first one I made earlier this week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I gave most of it away.

Thats what us poor folks give for Christmas, homemade goodies  ac_smile

My mom use to make so many goodies.

This batch of fudge is better than the first one I made earlier this week.

I have moulds,  I would make chocolate bells and angels and wrap them in colourful tin foil..

I missed doing that.

Blazor

I have moulds,  I would make chocolate bells and angels and wrap them in colourful tin foil..

I missed doing that.

How come you dont do it anymore? No one eats it?

I need to get some molds. We learned how to make candies in Home Economics. Chocolates with centers. Mmmmm.

Frood

As I'm still flu ridden, I left the LO on the sofa to watch her Zak Storm episode with clear instructions to not open the door for anyone during the ten minutes I was away to buy a hot chook, tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumber.

The fam can have wraps tonight.

I'll stick to Sudafed, dry biscuits, and a few vodkas to chase this shit away.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I missed doing that.

How come you dont do it anymore? No one eats it?

I need to get some molds. We learned how to make candies in Home Economics. Chocolates with centers. Mmmmm.

Christmas 2016 I was not in the mood for Christmas and I still couldn't get my heart into the things I used to do this year either..

Maybe I'll do it again next Christmas..

With the coloured tinfoil, my chocolate moulds were more appealing to the eye than what I saw in stores.