The best topic

Replies: 10480
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Hey Blaze, pry this homo's ass off the chair and take him with you. Just don't bring him back.

Hes wilderness smart dont ya know lol, he'll find his way back  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Anyway, back to discussing food..

That is what Azhya's thread is about.

Hey, cheap wilderness food is food related, we aint off topic  :laugh:

But to stay on topic further, my taters are finally in the oven, been a long day. Wish taters didnt take so long, but I refuse to microwave them, they taste funny when you do. And I like the crispy tater skin that comes from backing them. Its in the teens outside, only 7 with the wind chill, still gonna grill these deer steaks when these taters get close to done.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^Hey Blaze, pry this homo's ass off the chair and take him with you. Just don't bring him back.

And he's an engineer, an electrician, has black triplets and is six foot nine, six foot seven and seven feet tall.

:laugh:

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"

I dont eat these foods on a regular basis.. I just sometimes want to eat heart-attack foods.  ac_biggrin

Me either lol, but when ya packin' for the woods, ya gotta pack light. And a heart attack food now and then aint so bad lol. Back in the day, you would of loved my Slim Jim pizza. Its a pizza that is on thin crust, light sauce, 5 layers of pepperoni, and cheese. Gonna need a paper towel for that shit lol.

Yea its the energy from pasta and greasy pork.. Keeps you going forever.  

Its bad when you dont use up all the energy you eat.

Sounds delicious.

Odinson

I´ll track you and follow you back.  

Worst case scenario is that I accidentally track a 1200 pound grizzly bear.

kiebers

Marinating a brisket today. Got all the rub applied last night. Will put it on the pit in the morning. Raining too much to try to do it today. Should be tasty...
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Marinating a brisket today. Got all the rub applied last night. Will put it on the pit in the morning. Raining too much to try to do it today. Should be tasty...

Can we have a picture of the finished product....please.

Anonymous

But to stay on topic further, my taters are finally in the oven, been a long day. Wish taters didnt take so long, but I refuse to microwave them, they taste funny when you do. And I like the crispy tater skin that comes from backing them. Its in the teens outside, only 7 with the wind chill, still gonna grill these deer steaks when these taters get close to done.

Anything that lying, attention whoring jackass posts is off topic. He wants someone, anyone to respond to his short, lazy, pathetic, alcoholic, lonely ass.

Frood

And he's an engineer, an electrician, has black triplets and is six foot nine, six foot seven and seven feet tall.

:laugh:

Don't leave out that he could take out Australia's water supply and rule over the nation as an invading emperor.
Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"Marinating a brisket today. Got all the rub applied last night. Will put it on the pit in the morning. Raining too much to try to do it today. Should be tasty...

I didn't see her bring it in and she sliced it up before I realized it. I was waiting to take a pic. We had steak tonight and will eat the brisket tomorrow. Had a little taste and it was great.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

I didn't see her bring it in and she sliced it up before I realized it. I was waiting to take a pic. We had steak tonight and will eat the brisket tomorrow. Had a little taste and it was great.

You didn't have brisket right out of the smoker?

:ohmy:

kiebers

No, we started cooking too late in the day. We cooked the steaks while the brisket was still cooking. Ready to go tomorrow though. Made some cowboy beans that are really good to go with it. Not sure we can wait for the Super Bowl to eat though...LOL We do have another brisket that is cut in half in the freezer to cook. I ordered some huge plastic bags to put them in. They are 14" x 24", probably around a 3 gallon bag or so. Handled half a brisket with no problem. I have a feeling they can handle a full size brisket if it's done right. The bags were cheap the shipping was expensive. Cost me $32.00 for 50 bags, $11.00 for the bags and $21.00 for the shipping. Still not a bad price for how big they are.

Anonymous

No, we started cooking too late in the day. We cooked the steaks while the brisket was still cooking. Ready to go tomorrow though. Made some cowboy beans that are really good to go with it. Not sure we can wait for the Super Bowl to eat though...LOL We do have another brisket that is cut in half in the freezer to cook. I ordered some huge plastic bags to put them in. They are 14" x 24", probably around a 3 gallon bag or so. Handled half a brisket with no problem. I have a feeling they can handle a full size brisket if it's done right. The bags were cheap the shipping was expensive. Cost me $32.00 for 50 bags, $11.00 for the bags and $21.00 for the shipping. Still not a bad price for how big they are.

Do you warm up the brisket in the microwave or oven?

And what purpose do the plastic bags serve in cooking process?

:confused1:

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Anything that lying, attention whoring jackass posts is off topic. He wants someone, anyone to respond to his short, lazy, pathetic, alcoholic, lonely ass.

You have been eating a lot of rowanberries lately... They are bitter.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you warm up the brisket in the microwave or oven?

And what purpose do the plastic bags serve in cooking process?

:confused1:

The first warm up is usually done in the oven. After that I do like to use the microwave because it doesn't dry out as bad.

The plastic bags serve two purposes, first for freezer storage since a half brisket will not fit in the standard large freezer bags and second to put the brisket in after the rub is applied and we let them marinate overnight or longer in the fridge.