The best topic

Replies: 10480
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Jus' had some fried Cajun catfish, with a Healthy Weight steamer. Has black beans, snap peas, carrots and edemas (sp?) in it.

Those Green Giant steamers are surprisingly good..

Produce is picked and flash frozen for freshness.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Jus' had some fried Cajun catfish, with a Healthy Weight steamer. Has black beans, snap peas, carrots and edemas (sp?) in it.

Yes they are! I love 'em, and they only $1 when on sale. Cook easy. Several pair nicely with any main course.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

I buy those for occasions where there's leftover meat and I can't be bothered making dinner.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I buy those for occasions where there's leftover meat and I can't be bothered making dinner.

They are very convenient indeed  :thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I buy those for occasions where there's leftover meat and I can't be bothered making dinner.

It's just not the same as fresh.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"

It's just not the same as fresh.

Pretty much although some brands and combinations aren't bad. Carrots never turn out nice.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Yes they are! I love 'em, and they only $1 when on sale. Cook easy. Several pair nicely with any main course.

That is a lot cheaper than you will ever see them here. They are standard fare in bunk house fridge/freezers.

Anonymous

I thawed out some turkey and I'll make a nice stir fry with it....bean sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli florets, snap peas and a large red bell pepper included.

Blazor

Sounds good and healthy Fash.

Tonight I did something different, salmon sausages. I know, wtf right? They were a limited time thing by Gortons. Since they were marked down from $5 to $1.49 I figured why not. This kind had jalapenos and cheddar in it. I grilled them. Was real skeptical, but they were pretty good. I was also skeptical about treating them like a hot dog lol, but I put 'em on a bun with mustard and chili, still pretty good. Had some curly fries with them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Sounds good and healthy Fash.

Tonight I did something different, salmon sausages. I know, wtf right? They were a limited time thing by Gortons. Since they were marked down from $5 to $1.49 I figured why not. This kind had jalapenos and cheddar in it. I grilled them. Was real skeptical, but they were pretty good. I was also skeptical about treating them like a hot dog lol, but I put 'em on a bun with mustard and chili, still pretty good. Had some curly fries with them.

This is the first time I've ever heard of such a product.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Sounds good and healthy Fash.

This is the first time I've ever heard of such a product.

They were limited edition. I was honestly surprised how good they were. I dont think they are even out anymore, they sold quick. I also got the Italian one.

https://i2.wp.com/www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Gortons-Limited-Edition-Jalapeno-Cheddar-Salmon-Sausage.jpg?resize=598%2C390">

Frood

We barbecued a large lamb roast the other day and still have heaps left so it's going to be leftovers again tonight. Might make hash with it and the extra potatoes. Add in some peas, corn, and brussel sprouts cooked in bacon fat, fresh herbs, and acv.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Think Im havin' Mango chutney salmon tonight, with some rice and egg rolls.

Anonymous

I put a pork roast in the slow cooker today..

Will serve  with carrots, broccoli, Spanish onion and pineapple.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I put a pork roast in the slow cooker today..

Will serve  with carrots, broccoli, Spanish onion and pineapple.

Pineapple goes good with pork! I've ate my pork bbq all week for lunch, had broccoli with it too lol.